posted 6:47 PM on Friday May 24, 2013
Might as well post the video here since it's directly relevant. Sound quality's not that great--makes the guitar sound damp.
And yes, it's upside-down. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201186844575591
posted 12:32 AM on Wednesday May 22, 2013
We're streaming again tonight after almost a year of not doing it. We're gonna be doing a few blind races, with the first being a random NES game of K Prime's choice. http://xat.com/highvoltageclan
posted 9:33 PM on Tuesday May 21, 2013
I know this is kind of a ****ty thank-you, but I almost completely forgot about AiB for a few days, and by the time I finally got finished thanking the folks who wished me well on Facebook, I realized a lot of people here went to the trouble to as well.
I really appreciate each one. I'm guilty of sort of ignoring birthday alerts, I'll admit (though not for lack of care for my friends; just 'cause I MUCH prefer to say it in person. I don't feel right wishing someone a happy birthday unless I can make it personal, i.e. not just going "hbd lol." So thanks, you guys.
posted 2:07 AM on Monday May 13, 2013
I think it might be too hard to resist. My last WiFi match was a Winter '11 ladder match.
Like, it's almost too good to be true. Though, I have to admit that it sort of undermines the aspiration to do well with a LT in the normal ladder.
posted 3:05 PM on Wednesday Mar 20, 2013
Something good. Like... interesting, maybe.
posted 6:44 PM on Friday Mar 15, 2013
Come hither. I shall reveal all secrets to you.
Seriously, if you need help with German, lemme know now. I'm gonna be committing all of my time to Russian soon, so get while the gettin's good.
posted 3:19 AM on Tuesday Jan 15, 2013
A profound passage of time, with Smash as the frame of reference. This made me reflect a bit, and two things I thought about were particularly outstanding:
1. After having formed so many meaningful relationships with people over the years, it's an odd feeling to have to integrate into a completely new community. There're Smashers that play AE and other traditional fighters, but by and large, they're separate worlds. While I love the FGC so far, I don't think it'll ever be quite like Smash. Beyond this, I just think Smash has a greater volume of just generally good folks. It's sometimes difficult to believe that people I used to see every month, I now haven't seen for 12 or more.
2. After having played for so long, one can't help but feel that their "journey" is incomplete. While I'm very happy with how I've represented Ganon over the years, like anyone else, I still feel that there's much left to give, so to speak. Not to mention, being the last active Ganon main (not sure if Bloodynite still plays much) and slowly assimilating into another game is a troubling thought because it feels as though that being this late into the metagame would preclude any further serious Ganon mains. I don't think there's been an emergence of a new, tournament-active (or even active on the ladder) Ganon main since, well... if you can believe it, myself (correct me if I'm wrong though, of course--Terodactyl Yelnats was a great Ganon that comes to mind who may or may not have preceded me.).
As I spend more time away from events out here in the West coast Twilight Zone, and more time converging into other games, it amazes me how something that was once so huge in my life is becoming progressively more vestigial. I think it's a natural evolution in my position, but nonetheless, it feels... peculiar.
posted 3:42 AM on Monday Jan 7, 2013
Would anyone in the area me willing to house be on Wednesday the 9th, and possibly for some of Thursday the 10th? I'm having to bid on airline tickets to Apex, which means my flight times are picked by the airline. That being said, I'd like to be able to take the Greyhound to Portland the day before I leave so I can be prepared for any time they give to me. The "some of Thursday" bit is because they might select a flight for me which is later in the day (but no later than 12pm I would say).
In addition to that, if anyone would also be willing to take me to PDX at a possibly early time (maybe even as early as 4:30), then I'd be in your everlasting debt, to be sure. I know it's a good bit to ask, but if it'd be doable, that would make it all very easy for me.
Thanks a lot in advance, everybody.
posted 6:53 AM on Saturday Nov 24, 2012
I think this is the first time I've actually been able to see my chin since I was 18 years old. There're just too many good things about not having a beard:
1. My hair doesn't get caught anymore.
2. It's fun as **** to just palpate stubble all day.
3. One less thing to subtract from my Asgardian locks.
I don't think the beard's coming back, folks. Come Apex, however, we'll see if it subtracts from my Ganonic performance.