Nintendo Direct Pre E3 2012 + 3DS Software Conference
posted to the public
at 5:54 PM on Sunday Jun 3, 2012
Old Stuff http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct_pre_e3_2012/en/index.html
Over and done with. Hardware/networking functions shown, no games not already hinted at.
- Iwata stated the conception of the controller for the Wii U was based on the idea and book "Alone Together". Believes that with the Wii's release in 2006, Nintendo's been helping to solve that problem, and that the Wii U will bring people together through their living rooms.
- Controller's official name is Wii U GamePad. Compatible with standard Wiimote, Nunchuck, and the latest Classic Controller Pro (confirmed to be wired). Updated specs add thumbsticks akin to the Nunchuck's, as opposed to the 3DS' circle pads/thumbsliders. Controller comes in both White and Black.
- The GamePad includes its version of a NFC/an infrared reader, both for cards, in a similar fashion to 3DS AR Cards, and manually control the TV the system resides on. Users will be able to stream media from their controller to their TV. In lieu of making "browsing entertaining," Nintendo also added the option to cover it up with a fancy curtain.
- Nintendo Network will be compatible with Wii U, 3DS, and "future Nintendo devices." The system can actually show what games others are playing, in the form of showing other players' Mii's surrounding the game/software title. Additionally, gamers can comment on a Swapnote-like message system, and allow for 2-way video chat through the system's controller.
- Miiverse announced, greatly expands Mii Plaza for Wii U, 3DS, and other mobile devices (Android IOS, etc.).
-Konami's Dave Cox showcases the new Castlevania
-Luigi's Mansion 2 confirmed to be titled "Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
-Epic Mickey Power of Illusion features Castle of Illusion featuring Mickey Mouse characters, including a classic antagonist.
-Paper Mario Stick Star showcased. "Paperization" feature lets freeze scenes, turn them in a 3D perspective, and place stickers into the background. Lets you replenish items, complete quests, and unlock secrets.
-Kingdom Heart 3D, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Lego Batman, Transformers Prime, Rabbids Rumble, and Heroes of Ruin round out 3rd Party titles.
-Black and White 2 will be DS games. Pokemon Dream Radar and Pokedex 3D Pro confirmed to be free 3DS downloads.
-New Super Mario Bros 2 will be able to be purchased from a retailer, downloaded straight from E-Shop, or both. Will have Street Pass functionality labeled "Coin Rush Mode." Full co-op for the main game will be available.