If you thought Norway was too cold for you, then you probably haven't ventured to any HOT tourneys recently. .
NOOBS (Norway's Official Offline Brawl Scene) presents 2HOT!!!
It will be located at a high school in Oslo, called sogn, in the cantina. The cantina is big enough for people to play at one side of the room and sleep on the other. I still recommend that you should bring something to make a less noisy sleep, just in case you are sensible to that stuff.
Both the Norwegian brawl scene and the Norwegian melee scene will come, in addition to several other foreigner brawlers, and my intention is that both our scenes will co-oparate to make both games have better tourneys.
I should make it clear, by the way, that the melee tourneys will be held at the same time as brawl. It will go slower, but it will be MUCH better than if we will have to wait our favorite game to be played. I have been there before.
Our venue fee will all depend on whether we get money support for the venue price.
Without money support: 150 NOK
With money support: 100 NOK (what money we have left we will put on the winners pot for the tourneys!)
When it comes to the tourneys I can only speak for the brawl part, because there will be others who hosts the melee tourneys
Singles fee - 50 NOK
Doubles fee - 80 NOK each team
Side events - 20 NOK
Speaking of side-events ... Norway is famous for our compound of side events. Last time Gardex hosted a week-end long tourney and fitted 7 side events along with doubles and singles. For you who thought you knew the game brawl, you will be surprized when we pull off our creative tournaments for you. No seriously, you must come!
Note: We will have a live stream with a webcam attached.
Our list of confirmed and setups are too vague to be put up yet. Still! Help me by clicking "Attend" and further on take your wii with you to help our setups, will ya?
Frequently asked questions:
"How much is the currency for NOK? How much is it?"
- 7,6 NOK = 1 EUR and 1 GBP = 9.49 NOK
"Can you attend both melee and brawl like at Apex?"
- Yes, we can!
"Any SFxT/SSFIV/Project:M side events?"
- Our options for side events are many, but these three can be put if people would be up for it.
"Do you know who's hosting the melee tournaments?"
- There are many melee players interested from the melee scene, but the host is not yet confirmed. Hopefully, we will have Darkfrog or Tonberry to set it up.
If not, then Gardex will be the melee host.
"So can you cook your own food there? I'm trying to conserve my money as much as possible."
- Smart man. I have been to the same venue three times before and school kitchen beside the cantina seemed very prohibited. McDonalds has always been the most popular, with decent good prices and enough energy to fill your stomach. There is also a supermarket called "ICA maxi". BUT I think I could bring my own mirowave, so people can warm up cheaper and healthier food.
"The venue is the accommodation?"
- That's right. Bring your own sleeping bags and get to the other side of the room. We will make stricter rules about when everyone shall STFU at night time later.
"Is there a shower?"
- I will get more information about that later
"Will there be a stream?"
- Pretty sure, yes. CrimsonChild will be bringing his streaming equipment, and the venue has internet. So most likely, unless something happens.
"Ok so why isn't double MK banned?"
- Out of every 7 big regionals we have had in Norway, only 2 MK consisting teams have won the Doubles event. None of them were double MK's. Out of these reaons, I really don't see why we should ban MK at any rate.
"Are there gonna be any commentators through the matches?"
- Both myelf and Gardex is more than able to commentate, but so is many others. One extremely popular commentator in Norway is Crimsonchild.