Welcome to All is Brawl! As a family website, we have a code of acceptable conduct that we expect all of our members to adhere to while they use this site. Our administration and moderator teams spend a lot of time ensuring your quality of life here at AiB is unhindered by inappropriate content, and so we have a system of warnings and penalties for certain unallowed behaviors around the site. Please read this article closely, as repeatedly breaking the rules may result in being banned from the site.
Each time you break one of the rules below, a staff member may elect to give you an infraction for your behavior. Infractions are penalties for breaking a site rule, and each comes with a certain number of "points" and an expiration length. More serious behavior is penalized with larger point amounts that last longer. If at any time you receive enough infraction points to give you ten or more points, you will be banned from the site until enough points expire to bring you back below 10. Staff members will give you a link to your inappropriate action with each infraction so you'll be clear on what you did wrong.
Staff members may additionally elect to give a particular infraction as a warning, which carry no infraction points with it. Warnings may be given to new members or in cases where the behavior is clearly not intended to be harmful. Giving a warning is at the discretion of the staff member and you cannot argue when a certain infraction is not labeled as a warning.
If you feel a particular infraction is unjustified and have a valid explanation for your behavior -- "someone else did it first," "it wasn't me," and similar excuses are not valid -- you may take your case up with the staff member who gave you the infraction, or with one of our super moderators. Please understand that our staff members are not being malicious in giving you infractions, and be sure to take an appropriate tone when contacting them. Being polite and respectful can go a long way towards getting an infraction reversed.
Following is a list of rules that apply to the entire site, along with infraction penalties for breaking them.
I. Pornography and explicit content
Pornography is never allowed anywhere on All is Brawl. Any image that shows or references private areas, sexual activity, or other objectionable material that would be inappropriate in a school or work place may not be used as a personal avatar or forum signature; any text that implicitly or explicity references similar material may not appear on forums, blog posts, comments, or any other public portion of the site. The content of your personal profile's About Me section has looser restrictions, but under no circumstances may you post nudity or sexual content on your profile. Images containing or suggesting of physical or sexual violence against women are also inappropriate. Finally, deliberately avoiding the profanity filter with text or images is not allowed either.
- Censor dodging: dodging the profanity filter with text or images. 1 point, 7 days.
- Inappropriate avatar: an avatar image that is offensive or inappropriate. 3 points, 14 days.
- Inappropriate picture or text: an offensive or inappropriate image or written text posted on a page other than your personal profile. 3 points, 14 days.
- Minor pornography: pornographic images that show borderline nudity. 5 points, 28 days.
- Major pornography: clearly pornographic material. 10 points, 14 days. (This is a instant two-week ban.)
Do not spam the forum, chat room, blogs, groups, tournaments, profiles, or any other section of All is Brawl. Spam is subjective but generally includes any posts that are irrelevant, redundant, repeated, without content, or off topic. Do not double or triple post on the forum; please use the Edit buttons to add your additions to a previous post. Creating posts or other content with long titles or excessive characters may be considered spam if it disrupts the layout or functionality of the site.
- Minor spamming: posts or comments that do not add anything of value to a conversation. 1 point, 7 days.
- Spamming: clear case of intending to spam the site with meaningless content. 3 points, 14 days.
- Major spam: repeated attempts at disrupting site activity through spamming. 5 points, 28 days.
- Chat abuse: spamming, flaming or otherwise inappropriate chat behavior. 2 points, 7 days.
- "Necro" post: posting in a topic with no recent activity without contributing anything to the conversation. 4 points, 14 days.
- Advertising: advertising another site that is relevant to AiB. You can respectfully advertise a site that is not related to ours, but anything considered competition may not be advertised. 2 points, 21 days.
III. Respecting other members
Other members are to be treated with respect and dignity at all times. Flaming (insulting, heated argument), harassing (in any form), and trolling (purposely instigating arguments, insulting others, or causing trouble) are unacceptable. No matter the situation or the users involved, all members are expected
to maintain a civil attitude towards one another. If you feel an issue
of this nature is not being addressed properly, please privately contact a moderator.
- Minor flaming: petty attacks against another user. 1 point, 7 days.
- Major flaming: serious inflammatory fighting with another user. 4 points, 21 days.
- Harassment: using site features to harass another user. 4 points, 28 days.
- Trolling: clear attempt at trolling. 3 points, 14 days. Repeated offenders may be given a Troll badge with further negative consequences.
- Malicious link: linking to a malicious website (phishing, scams, illegal activity, disruptive scripts, etc.). 2 points, 14 days.
- Tournament disruption: disrupting a tournament running in a chat room. 4 points, 21 days.
IV. Lying and cheating
Follow the rules of our Ladders if you are going to participate; cheating on the ladder will not only get you banned from all future ladders but will also earn an infraction penalty. Do not enter false scores in the Stadium section. Do not upload false tournament results or otherwise attempt to abuse the tournament system.
- Ladder cheating: verified cheating on the ladders. 5 points, 21 days.
- Stadium cheating: verified cheating in the Stadium. 5 points, 21 days.
- Invalid tournament upload: uploading an invalid tournament result file. This includes bracket images and text result files. 1 point, 14 days.
- Falsifying tournament record: falsely claiming tournament results as part of your personal tournament history. 3 points, 28 days.
- Abusing tournament system: abusing AiB tournaments to earn medals, badges, or other malicious tournament-related activity. 6 points, 28 days.
V. Disputing infractions
Posting the content of an infraction message or otherwise
whining/commenting about an infraction in a public way will result in
additional infractions. Instead, if you have an issue with/disagree with an infraction you have received, you should take it to the Issue Resolution Forum.
This rule was mainly made for those who do nothing but copy and paste
their infraction message without trying to resolve anything. Most of
the time people who do this just want people to hear their side of the
story and agree with them with hearing the other side of the story, or
want attention. If you're civil and express your views on your
infraction then you most likely won't get an infraction for it. Then
again, there's no reason why you shouldn't just go to the Issue
Resolution and express your view there.
VI. Alternate accounts
Users are not permitted to have more than one account on All is Brawl. Making an alt account will result in it being banned, and also result in infractions for the user operating the account. Banned users are still able to access Issue Resolution, so there is no need to make another account.