The Complete PSA Guide, and AiB's Current/Released Projects

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2
12:54 PM Aug 4 2009 2009
Steve Aoki
Steve Aoki is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

The Complete PSA Guide, and AiB's Current/Released Projects
The official guide on PSA
Thanks to Paprika Killer from SWF for the guide

This will be the big guide with all you need to know about PSA. Currently it will be rather
small, since I only messed with the program for an hour or so, but in the end this guide
will contain everything in an easy to understand fashion.

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
First you will need the actual program:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0U7SF2SJ
then, download and extract the files to a place you can remember.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ttdzjrlj1rz
This contains the actual data files of the characters. With that out of the way, doubleclick the .exe file and you should be good.
FPV/Hex converter

THE INTERFACE

When you start up, you will be presented with this interface:

Before you get confused, don't worry. Each part will have it's own entry below.

To open a file just click "file -> open" and navigate to the data folder (which is where you
should have left the files.) the files you need are called Fit[name].pac with [name being the
proper character's name.
Saving goes the same way, but be warned. NEVER EVER save over the original files, because that
mean you have to redownload that file. Just name it FitMarioTest or something.

Time to move on to the actuall cool stuff.

ATTRIBUTES

the attributes tab looks somewhat like this:

What you see here are some attributes of the character, with a value after it.
The values are called Floating-Point values (I will say FP from now on), FPs are a certain
way values are represented, and this mean you need to convert them with this

The first 2 link there are used to convert back and forth between decimal and FP.
To edit a specific attribute, select it and type the new value in the box next to "value".
There isn't much to say about attributes, since ity comes down to tweaking values.
Experiment.

ACTION EVENTS

This is both the interesting are hard to understand tab.

It is subdivided in 3 other tabs "Specials", "Sub Actions" and "Sub Routines"

SPECIALS

In the "action" dropdown list, you can see certain numbers. each number represents a certain
action. For every character the following applies:

112 Neutral Special
113 Side Special
114 Up Special
115 Down Special
116 Final Smash

The numbwers after this are character dependant, and often are followups for the specials.
(This means for example that the cooldown of a special can have number 118)
The bigger window shows the structure of the move, and also what sub-actions are tied to it
(see below). This for example determines if a special ends in fallspecial if it ends, and how
it reacts on starting/ending in either the ait or on the ground.

This also explains the reason why this only allows to modify specials. (for those who wondered)
Normal actions work the same for every character, and are thus not to be modified for
individual characters. They are for the same reason not in the data file, so even if the
program allowed to edit them it couldn't.

For now I can't go in specifics here, since I need more time to experiment with it, and this
is one of the more complicated parts of the program.

SUB ACTIONS

This is what the screen looks like

If the Specials tab defined structure, the Sub Actions tab defined details.
Both normal and Special IDs refer to Sub-Actions to actually make things happen.
When a Sub Action is called (or triggered), it will go by each of the listed commands in a
linear way.
all commands can be modified at will, and commands can be removed and added. Keep in mind though that the total number of lines of a Sub Action should not exceed it's original amount.

Adding Commands

Click "add", select the "nop: " you just created. Select modify. In the upper right, click "change".
Pick the correct action. Set parameters as needed.

Changing Animations

Yes it is possible. To change animations do the following.
look up 2 animations we call them A and B. we will give A the animation of B.
Find the Animation name of B and copy this to the name area of A. also make the "animation flags (big button below name space) the same.
To actually make A the sam as B, not just the anymation, use the copy/paste buttons in the lower right of the screen to copy the commands of B over to A.

COMMANDS & PARAMETERS

I will go by the more generic commands here, some of which contain extra parameters.

Timer: time=XXXXXX intervals
this pauses the command cycle for X clock cycles. Basically keeps the command line waiting for
a while. This is a very powerfull command, since it controls timing (often called framespeed)
of everything. I currently don't know how much clockcycles equal 1 frame, but I'm sure you can
find that out by some testing.

Body Collision:
This sets how the character's own hitboxes act. 00 = normal, 01 = invincible, 02 = intangible.
(some more but those are variations of 02)
-normal is how the character normally acts, meaning taking a hit when someone hits him
-invincible is not actual invincible, you take hits as normal, but recieve 0 damage.
-intangible is true invincibility, no taking hits nor damage.
keep in mind that the character will stay in the specified state until explicitly set to
another, so don't forget to reset afterward.

(Special) Offensive collision:
This creates a hitbox (collision bubble) with specified parameters, the difference between
normal and Special is still unknown. The parameters are:
-bone: what part of the characters body the relative position of the hitbox should be tied
to. If for example you tied the hitbox to a sword, it woudl follow it's track during it's
swing.
-ID: this is which ID number the actual hitbox is referred to, it need to be unique at any
point for each character. in practise you can just leave these numbers.
-Damage: Kind of straightforward, how much this hitbox does upon connection.
-Trajectory: This is in other places referred to as angle. It determines at which
trajectory/angle the hit will send the opponent.
-Base Knockback. the base amount of knockback the hitbox gives.
-Knockback Growth. By how much the knockback scales with damage.
-Size. How large the hitbox bubble is.
-Z offset. how the hitbox is moved in the Z plane compared to the bone the bubble it is set to.
This is however not relevant since Brawl is played in the 2D plane.
-Y offset. see Z offset, in this case the Y plane, or vertical.
-X offset. See Z offset, in this case the X plane, or horizontal.
-Z, Y, X rotation. The reason I listed all these together since they are all useless. They
rotate the hitbox bubbles, but since there are perferct circles they don't do anything.
-Flags. These set specific effects such as hit effects and others.
I haven't indexed the hit effects yet, be a bit patient. (or mess with flag values yourself)
(yay for too much parameters)

Terminate Collisions:
No parameters needed. This removes all created hitboxes tied to this character. Important to
not forget this command.

Allow Interrupt:
Basically is IASA. as soon as this command is triggered, you can interrupt the current action
with any other.
These are the most important commands you'll encounter.

Sub Routines

These are short lists of commands that are referred to (triggered) by the Sub Actions.
they use the same commands but are not editable. FOr now not much is known about this,
but since you can't edit it it doesn't matter for now.

Ok, that's it for now, comment and suggestions are welcome
Last edited by Steve Aoki, 7:05 PM on Aug 04, 2009
12:57 PM Aug 4 2009 2009
Steve Aoki
"Troll"

Current/Released Projects

Loogiesquared
MasterCheif

[url=/blogpost.aspx?id=29937][/url]
Last edited by iSpiN, 1:09 AM on Aug 31, 2009
1:02 PM Aug 4 2009 2009
Zolga
Space Cowboy
Zolga is your biggest fanZolga has referred new users to the site.Zolga impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Zolga helped a member with a problem.Zolga keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

I did the images :3
lol
My Super Ganon is epic.
1:05 PM Aug 4 2009 2009
Steve Aoki
"Troll"

woah, did i put "my AiB" in the title?
1:28 PM Aug 4 2009 2009
Drynster
The Best Team Money Can Buy
Drynster rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Drynster impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Drynster helped a member with a problem.

good guide
2:08 PM Aug 4 2009 2009
Game Master Minamimoto
The Very Best
Game Master Minamimoto wrote an exemplary guide.Game Master Minamimoto did something funny.Game Master Minamimoto impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Game Master Minamimoto helped a member with a problem.Game Master Minamimoto won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

This needs to be stickied

Some kind of black magic?
2:17 PM Aug 4 2009 2009
sparkswordkirby

Can someone who has full knowledge of this and really knows how to use it help me?icon_razz
im trying to do some stuff that i don't know how to do and im looking for some help(I'm trying to remake mario to act like paper marioXD)
2:33 PM Aug 4 2009 2009
-GoV-
TSFP: Future Perfect
-GoV- has provided valuable testing services for the website.-GoV- is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.-GoV- is a Mapmaker Legend.-GoV- rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.-GoV- is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.-GoV- did something funny.-GoV- impressed a staff member by doing something smart.-GoV- helped a member with a problem.-GoV- has referred new users to the site.-GoV- wrote an exemplary guide.-GoV- wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!-GoV- keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.-GoV- participated in the Karaoke Contest!-GoV- won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!-GoV- has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.-GoV- spent way too much time obtaining the maximum score of 999,999,999 points in Brawl's All Star mode.-GoV- holds or held a world record score in one of Smash's Stadium modes.-GoV- contributed to the Stadium community.-GoV- holds or held a world-record combined total score in Brawl or Melee's Multi-Man modes.

Lol it says Guide but this ''Guide'' is even more difficult to understand than using the program randomly icon_razz

5:29 PM Aug 4 2009 2009
The SA-X AiBs GearHead
Hopeful Artist
The SA-X AiBs GearHead rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.

i would lol if someone randamly just hit all the buttons during the thing and then something weird comes out, weird but awesome
6:41 PM Aug 4 2009 2009
Steve Aoki
"Troll"

yes, this (ripped from SWF, by the way, check the title) Is just a "beginner's guide", something you read before you even use the program to understand the buttons. Also, the links are informative.
7:01 PM Aug 4 2009 2009
Steve Aoki
"Troll"

fixed for Clicky images.
2:27 PM Aug 8 2009 2009
Sushi

this needs to be updated. He's added a ton more.
11:16 PM Aug 12 2009 2009
ZephyrSkully

o_e
When I open SmashAttacks.exe I get this:
SmashAttacks.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135) Click on OK to terminate the application.
5:54 AM Aug 19 2009 2009
Cheffinator

Im just wondering how to excute the actual characters in smash itself

I got Enigmas "Mewtwo" and am desperatley wanting to use it.
<-- By Me
5:17 PM Aug 22 2009 2009
Sushi

you have to use the file patch code made by Phantom Wings.
5:20 PM Aug 22 2009 2009
TheRealBobMan
TheRealBobMan is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.TheRealBobMan did something funny.TheRealBobMan impressed a staff member by doing something smart.TheRealBobMan helped a member with a problem.TheRealBobMan wrote an exemplary guide.TheRealBobMan wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

The hell is PSA?
5:22 PM Aug 22 2009 2009
Sushi

Project Smash Attack. It allows you to switch around the movesets of characters.
5:26 PM Aug 22 2009 2009
TheRealBobMan
TheRealBobMan is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.TheRealBobMan did something funny.TheRealBobMan impressed a staff member by doing something smart.TheRealBobMan helped a member with a problem.TheRealBobMan wrote an exemplary guide.TheRealBobMan wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

HOLY !!!!

You know, I think it goes without saying that an explanation of what this is should be somewhere near the top - I've never heard of PSA before now.

But yes, I want in on this. Can we create, or only edit? Can we import and replace?

What are our limitations?
5:32 PM Aug 22 2009 2009
Sushi

well, just edit the characters for now.
As far as I know, we can't edit projectiles, but there's still a bunch of stuff you can still do.
Enigma's already made Mewtwo, and I'm making a Dark Sonic.
5:35 PM Aug 22 2009 2009
Timmekan
Gamer
Timmekan rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Timmekan did something funny.Timmekan impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Timmekan helped a member with a problem.Timmekan has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

You can put just about any graphic on any character (poke trainer and dedede dont work though).
You can add different types of damage to just about any move.
You cannot switch moves from one character to another...
Uhh...Im not the best at this, but I do know where to find information..

Here.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243626

Thats the site where I get my information...that and I ask enigma.

Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss