What is your competitive reason for choosing your main?

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 · 11 22
11:48 PM Aug 31 2009 2009
Game Freak201
Addicted to Wifi

What is your competitive reason for choosing your main?
I looked throughout the boards and couldn't find a thread like this, so I decided to post this.  What is your competitive reason (if any) for choosing your main?

For me, I like using characters that outranges most characters when it comes to close combat.  Which is why I mainly use characters such as Ike and Marth.  Ike has spammable jabs and NAirs, FAirs are for that long range, having several spiking options never hurt.  Meanwhile, Marth has the FSmash and USmash, Dancing Blade, and spammable NAirs and FAirs.
Last edited by Game Freak201, 9:09 PM on Sep 19, 2009
11:50 PM Aug 31 2009 2009
Groose
Happy Flight
Groose rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Groose watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Groose has referred new users to the site.Groose did something funny.Groose impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Groose helped a member with a problem.

Kirby because he's floaty, has good recovvery, and just fits my playstyle basically.
11:58 PM Aug 31 2009 2009
TheRealBobMan
TheRealBobMan is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.TheRealBobMan did something funny.TheRealBobMan impressed a staff member by doing something smart.TheRealBobMan helped a member with a problem.TheRealBobMan wrote an exemplary guide.TheRealBobMan wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

I can mess around with anyone, but I can only take the game seriously with Wario. It pretty much has to do with his developing metagame...
1:24 AM Sep 1 2009 2009
Darknid
Got Lucky
Darknid impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Competitively, I stuck with DK because he has the best range, the best power and some of the best speed in the game.
1:37 AM Sep 1 2009 2009
Kokaloo
The Very Best
Kokaloo rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Kokaloo is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Kokaloo did something funny.Kokaloo helped a member with a problem.

I stuck with Zero Suit because regular Samus is bad and I love Samus and she has a very good chance in the competitive scene.
And she fit's my playstyle.
1:40 AM Sep 1 2009 2009
gamesandgoodies
I Have a Zombie Plan
gamesandgoodies is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.gamesandgoodies did something funny.gamesandgoodies impressed a staff member by doing something smart.gamesandgoodies helped a member with a problem.gamesandgoodies has referred new users to the site.

peach because i feel i can consistently give it my all with her and do well, also i have motivation to give it my all when i use her.
Mr Bear: "Your mother plays war games in hell!".
How about i don't and say i did.
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.....
2:06 AM Sep 1 2009 2009
TheRealBobMan
TheRealBobMan is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.TheRealBobMan did something funny.TheRealBobMan impressed a staff member by doing something smart.TheRealBobMan helped a member with a problem.TheRealBobMan wrote an exemplary guide.TheRealBobMan wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Actually, I could take a stab at Pit, or maybe ZSS... I just can't stand Pit as a character (though his gameplay rocks), and ZSS has some issues I don't like.

But if Wario didn't have his bike, I'd probably play Pit seriously (arrow looping is sexy as all hell).
5:19 AM Sep 1 2009 2009
Jizzy T

Bowsre

Up-B OOS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Dizzy T (The Original)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬Plan 9- id **** that english gazelle▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬Eklipse- I love it when you post.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬Qwertyuiop- Dizzy drinks T.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬Dacidbro- hey dont call Dizzy a goony, he's my British friend. :[▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
5:25 AM Sep 1 2009 2009
dren8o8
Way Too Good
dren8o8 has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.

To add variety I think.
Otherwise just to show how good(sucky) yoshi is, lol
Fun char to mess around with
5:30 AM Sep 1 2009 2009
Volke Aeno
Defender
Volke Aeno is a moderator.Volke Aeno wrote an exemplary guide.Volke Aeno wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!Volke Aeno did something funny.Volke Aeno impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Volke Aeno helped a member with a problem.Volke Aeno keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Volke Aeno helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Volke Aeno defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Volke Aeno overcame every obstacle and bested the site's Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!Volke Aeno won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

Yoshi, because he's my best character.

I do better with Yoshi on a bad matchup than anyone else on a good matchup...

10/10 moderating skills.
6:13 AM Sep 1 2009 2009
Sparx

pikachu has speed and good power attacks i just need to improve on joltackle mindgames
8:36 AM Sep 1 2009 2009
T.K.
Spread the Love

I went diddy cuz of his insane recovery lol

( saw a random vid with the guy basically being at the blast line way down and still made it on the stage )

of course as time passed by , his nanerz + overall rapeness got him into top tier but who cares <3

he's ossim.
10:58 AM Sep 1 2009 2009
Emmy
Mind Whore
Emmy is a shameless mind whore who gets mindgamed by everyone.Emmy rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Emmy is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Emmy did something funny.Emmy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Emmy wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

I needed someone competitively viable, mid fall speed or floatier, above average comboing ability. I don't have a main but all the characters I play fit that description. icon_smile
11:30 AM Sep 1 2009 2009
Darknid
Got Lucky
Darknid impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Diddy has a crappy recovery.

Gimp food yo.
11:46 AM Sep 1 2009 2009
Twilightlink421
People Know Me

Link because he has alot of potential and he's low tier which means that he's not overused ^^
2:48 PM Sep 1 2009 2009
Ember Charge
Record Setter

^To the above post.....Link is like the most used character in smash outside of tournaments. In tournaments that would be meta.

I chose my mains cuz I like them and they are fun to use. There's no possible reason for me to say I chose these guys to win, lol. But I suppose a competitive upside I looked forward to would be sonic's up-b allowing me to gimp easily and Wolf's side taunt, yup yup.
2:55 PM Sep 1 2009 2009
AxcelTheBrawler
Helpful
AxcelTheBrawler impressed a staff member by doing something smart.AxcelTheBrawler helped a member with a problem.

I choose Fox because I can shine like a madman with him,I like his play style,He's fast,pretty good recovery,and powerfull moves.
3:11 PM Sep 1 2009 2009
Mood4food77
Baller
Mood4food77 is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Mood4food77 did something funny.Mood4food77 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

wario cause he's my favorite video game character ever
He's fat, sexy, and a BAMF

I just happen to like his playstyle too
3:15 PM Sep 1 2009 2009
DonkeyKongUh
Ask me anything
DonkeyKongUh rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.DonkeyKongUh did something funny.DonkeyKongUh impressed a staff member by doing something smart.DonkeyKongUh helped a member with a problem.

DDD, because i got tired of nubz infiniting my DK with DDD so I decided to turn the tables icon_razz

Metaknight as second because he covers the matchups and I'm a "tier whore" like that.
3:23 PM Sep 1 2009 2009
Twilightlink421
People Know Me

Quote (originally posted by Em Ch):
^To the above post.....Link is like the most used character in smash outside of tournaments. In tournaments that would be meta.

I chose my mains cuz I like them and they are fun to use. There's no possible reason for me to say I chose these guys to win, lol. But I suppose a competitive upside I looked forward to would be sonic's up-b allowing me to gimp easily and Wolf's side taunt, yup yup.

Hmm didn't know that. Thx for the input ^^
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 · 11 22

Quick Jump
rss