All is Brawl T-Shirt Contest!

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Posted at 2:24 PM May 15 2008 2008
AnujSuper9
All is Brawl T-Shirt Contest!
AiB T-shirt MockAs many of you are aware, we recently had our Spread the Word Contest in which contestants were posed with the challenge of getting the word about All is Brawl and getting more users to the site! The contest was a glorious success, and you can see the results here. And the contest may be over, but that doesn't mean you should stop spreading the word, who knows when we might notice your efforts in this area and choose to reward you in some other unique way...

But anyway, if you had seen the rewards, you may have seen a number of prizes listed as well. More details on a lot of those are soon to come, but one of the most alluring of prizes was of course, All is Brawl T-shirts! We currently don't have a T-shirt design, and that's why we are looking to you to design our T-shirt! We had some of our own ideas for a shirt, but when it came down to it, it felt like we were just taking our logo and pasting it on a shirt, and we though that we'd like to see what you guys could come up with as the official shirt for All is Brawl!

Please carefully read the rules as any submissions made not following the rules will be ignored. The tenative deadline for the contest is May 25th 2008.

Rules:
  • All submissions must go in the T-Shirt Contest Submission thread on the Forums; all submissions made in this thread, in PMs to staff, or postings in other areas will be ignored.
  • As always, submissions must be appropriate and inoffensive
  • You may make as many submissions as you want.
  • For submissions, follow the format that will be outlined below.
  • Please do not use existing shirt designs from other companies, crews, brands, etc. etc. etc. Anyone found to be doing this will bedisqualified and not able to reenter.
  • T-Shirt Guidelines - Color of the shirt itself can be any single solid color, we were thinking black, but you are welcome to put it on whatever color you wish for your entry.
  • T-Shirt Guidelines - Anything else on the shirt (ie patterns, logos, characters, designs, etc.) can only be consisting of two total
    colors, they can be any two colors, but only two additional colors (not including the color of the shirt itself). NOTE: You can exceed two colors if you want, but know that our judgement will be much much harsher for more colors, and it will be far less likely to be chosen as a winner, but don't let this stop you if your ultimate design requires more than two colors.  If it is good enough, it might win, or we might recognize it as some other useful design for the site, and recognize your contribution as such. :)
  • T-Shirt Guidelines - You can place things on the front of the shirt, on the back, or wherever you want to as defined by your entry.
  • Submission Guidelines - These guidelines are per shirt!
  • Submission Guidelines - If you have a design that shows things on multiple areas of the shirt, give images of each of the areas.
  • Submission Guidelines - If you have a design with two colors, show one picture of the final product, and then two additional sets of images each displaying with only one of the colors.
  • EXAMPLE - I make two submissions, one that is a Blue shirt, witha Red and Yellow All is Brawl logo on the front and back, and another that is a black shirt with a white silhouette of two characters fighting with www.allisbrawl.com written underneath. My submission would consist of a total of 7 images (6 for the first submission, 1 for the second).
    • Submission 1 images:
      • S1F - An image of the front of the shirt final product
      • S1B - An image of the back of the shirt final product
      • S1FC - An image of the front of the shirt with the first color
      • S1BC - An image of the back of the shirt with the first color
      • S1FCC - An image of the front of the shirt with the second color
      • S1BCC - An image of the back of the shirt with the second color
    • Submission 2 images:
      • S2F - An image of the front of the shirt final product (which is the only necessary submission because there is only one color, andonly on the front, so additional images are unnecessary.

Like I said, entries that don't follow the guidelines above will be ignored, and possibly deleted, if any of this is confusing, or you have questions, please feel free to PM me or another Staff member and your questions will be answered.
2:41 PM May 15 2008 2008
nealdt
Bonafide
nealdt created the "All is" network, "possibly the best thing since sliced bread."nealdt passed a Tournament Host Certification test.nealdt has provided valuable testing services for the website.nealdt is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.nealdt made significant contributions to all areas of the website!nealdt did something funny.nealdt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.nealdt has referred new users to the site.nealdt wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!nealdt helped a member with a problem.nealdt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Clearly, the followup to this contest should be the All is Brawl Wet T-Shirt Contest.
3:01 PM May 15 2008 2008
AnujSuper9
AnujSuper9 has provided valuable testing services for the website.AnujSuper9 is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

I think your typical Smasher wouldn't be the ideal entrant for that contest. icon_razz
3:02 PM May 15 2008 2008
OmniOstrich
Broken Ladder

ew nerds xD jk
3:06 PM May 15 2008 2008
JoeR
Wordsmith
JoeR rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.JoeR wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!JoeR impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

i can't do art well so i won't make a submission, but I will say that I think the red logo on a black or blue shirt would look good with possibly some characters in the center if the logo isn't too big (Silhouettes sound cool). I would prefer the logo and not the web address since the logo will look better and the advertising for the site is just as good still. Just my thoughts and I agree with the wet T-shirt contest idea! (:
3:33 PM May 15 2008 2008
giantsrockt3
Host

Yeah I'm not sure how to make art online but if I could I would definitely use some characters in awesome positions or silhouettes with the AiB logo in the middle or on top.
3:58 PM May 15 2008 2008
PeachyAenne
Jack of All Trades
PeachyAenne mashes potatos like no other.PeachyAenne is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.PeachyAenne made significant contributions to all areas of the website!PeachyAenne did something funny.PeachyAenne has referred new users to the site.PeachyAenne wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Quote (originally posted by nealdt):
Clearly, the followup to this contest should be the All is Brawl Wet T-Shirt Contest.

after hearing this....i have changed my ming about purchasing this t-shirt.  XD

Or wait...what will one win for said wet t-shirt contest hmm??

Pit is my shotalicious angel, oh yeh! <3
4:04 PM May 15 2008 2008
memphischains
Steak
memphischains is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.memphischains did something funny.

I'm having an issue hosting the shirts, but I have a few made.

I am a graphic designer and am currently employed at Reebok International for their Sports Liicensed Division (Sports team logo desgin pretty much). lol, I'm trying to boast myslef. But yeah I took some time during lunch and flung a few out. they are kind of high fashion-ish designs but i will explain them
4:16 PM May 15 2008 2008
AnujSuper9
AnujSuper9 has provided valuable testing services for the website.AnujSuper9 is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

Quote (originally posted by memphischains):
I'm having an issue hosting the shirts, but I have a few made.

I am a graphic designer and am currently employed at Reebok International for their Sports Liicensed Division (Sports team logo desgin pretty much). lol, I'm trying to boast myslef. But yeah I took some time during lunch and flung a few out. they are kind of high fashion-ish designs but i will explain them
Send me an IM, (aim: AnujSuper9), and I'll help you out. icon_smile
By sasabe. :)
5:18 PM May 15 2008 2008
_milktea
Better Than You

awesome, when's the deadline?
5:26 PM May 15 2008 2008
Zori
Castle Made of Sand
Zori has provided valuable testing services for the website.Zori caught a bunch of bad guys on the Ladder!Zori rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Zori is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Zori did something funny.Zori impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Zori helped a member with a problem.Zori has referred new users to the site.Zori wrote an exemplary guide.Zori won a Signature of the Week contest!

Im so going to win this. But like milk said when is the deadline?
6:03 PM May 15 2008 2008
AnujSuper9

Whoops, I seem to have misplaced the line where I had the deadline date. The tenative deadline for the contest is June 13th 2008.

Also, a good question was posed in regards to the resolution of the submission. For your submission here, post something that fits well in the page and is easily viewable, but have a very high resolution one available for download as well if possible.

If you would prefer to email these files, feel free to do so at [email protected]
Last edited by AnujSuper9, 6:08 PM on May 15, 2008
6:21 PM May 15 2008 2008
Sago
Rookie
Sago is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

i have a great idea for a high quality t shirt thats multiple colors and embraces modern style alittle more but its not allowed icon_sad
7:26 PM May 15 2008 2008
zoner
Mostly Harmless
zoner did something funny.zoner helped a member with a problem.

See if you can adapt it to three colours
8:31 PM May 15 2008 2008
JuniorMints
Veteran
JuniorMints is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.JuniorMints impressed a staff member by doing something smart.JuniorMints has referred new users to the site.

Yes. YeS YES!!!!!!

I can not wait to get my hands on the winners choice!
9:08 PM May 15 2008 2008
AnujSuper9

Quote (originally posted by zoner):
See if you can adapt it to three colours
Word.
By sasabe. :)
12:47 AM May 16 2008 2008
CiVic_Boy

about colors .. are we allowed to ahve different shades .. light blue dark blue etc
4:04 AM May 16 2008 2008
J-Nav
J-Nav has referred new users to the site.J-Nav helped a member with a problem.J-Nav won a Signature of the Week contest!

Are these just t-shirts?
No polo shirts?

icon_razz
[ My Stages | Smash Bros. Status: Retired ]
8:56 AM May 16 2008 2008
Neo-
Signature Artist

Why not...Ill enter
10:44 AM May 16 2008 2008
Kithkin
Sage
Kithkin has referred new users to the site.

aw, so the AiB logo counts towards our colours?

Lame, I had a mediocre Idea... well I'll tweak it so nobody steal it.

So tell me how close to be able to do this I am, I want a silhouette of the roster, like, the lined up one, or at least a good amount of them. Possibly a match between four characters. and have that on the back. then on the front, with the usual Top left "pen pocket" corner for the AiB logo. But I had hoped to use the ACTUAL logo. which sadly, isnt one colour... so Do I have to make it one colour? (or perhaps adapt it so one of its colours is the same as the silhouette)

also, are we allowed colour halftones?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Quick Jump
rss