Halloween Banner Contest - Special!

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 7
10:52 PM Oct 6 2009 2009
LadyMartel
Virtuoso
LadyMartel has referred new users to the site.LadyMartel made significant contributions to all areas of the website!LadyMartel did something funny.LadyMartel helped a member with a problem.LadyMartel won a Signature of the Week contest!

Halloween Banner Contest - Special!
Halloween Special Banner Contest! 

All is Brawl will display a special themed banner for 1 week to celebrate Halloween '09.  

Specifics:  
1. Banner must be 964x175 pixels.   
2. Banner should complement the "orange" theme in addition to the special theme "Halloween."   
3. Banner should be 100% related to Smash and represent AiB.  
4. The logo should be displayed circa the middle of the banner in a decent size. You may use this logo or create your own: [click here for logo] (original, not rendered )  
        [click here for logo v2]  (rendered and edited by Spellman)
Rules:  
1. Each entrant may submit up to two entries. Once a banner is submitted, it cannot be change.   
2. The Banner may be a redesign of an older idea of the entrant’s. However, do not submit old work.   
3. Entrants will be penalized accordingly for plagiarism, faked votes, and other inappropriate conduct.  
4. The process in which the winner is decided will depend on how many entries we receive. It will most likely involve public voting as well as admin panel selection.   
5. The admin panel reserves the right to rule that the banner will not be changed for this banner contest if the qualities of the banners do not meet the required quality.   
6. Contest entry must be sent via private message to me (LadyMartel) with “Special Banner Contest Entry” as the subject before October 21st, 2009 at 11:49 pm (Pacific Standard Time) 

Resources:  
Planetrenders.net – Register an account for access to good quality Smash character renders and other resources!  

Old banners: [click here for old banners]  

Brawl logo rendered: [click here for rendered Brawl logo]  

As you work on your banner, you may post it in this thread to gather opinions from other artists. I will also offer my opinion on banners, just PM me with a work in progress banner with the subject “Banner Contest ADVICE.”
Last edited by DedSec_Defalt, 8:22 PM on Jun 11, 2014
11:01 PM Oct 6 2009 2009
Revenant
Certified BAMF
Revenant is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Revenant is a certified BAMF. Check his kill/death.Revenant would like you to make a contract with them.Revenant King of sandwichesRevenant did something funny.Revenant impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Revenant keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Revenant won a Signature of the Week contest!

Woo woo! Gotta get to work.
11:37 PM Oct 6 2009 2009
Saber
Friendly
Saber is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Saber wrote an exemplary guide.

d(^O^)b
11:41 PM Oct 6 2009 2009
Doromac
Welcome to Earth
Doromac is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Doromac would like you to make a contract with them.Doromac keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Doromac did something funny.Doromac impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Doromac helped a member with a problem.Doromac won a Signature of the Week contest!

I really just am not in a GFX mood lately with school goin on...
3:40 AM Oct 7 2009 2009
aberz
Secret Agent
aberz is spying on you with a super scope, better watch out!aberz did something funny.aberz impressed a staff member by doing something smart.aberz helped a member with a problem.aberz has referred new users to the site.aberz won a Signature of the Week contest!

Just finished mine :]
6:32 AM Oct 7 2009 2009
Today
In the Spotlight

I want to try this too!! I'll get to work for sure~! >~<V Good luck everyone!
11:28 AM Oct 7 2009 2009
Dapuffster
Veteran
Dapuffster rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Dapuffster is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Dapuffster has referred new users to the site.

I might give it a try since I do drawings now.
2:04 PM Oct 7 2009 2009
Ikeboy
Popular

how do you get the picture to 964x175 pixels in paint?
2:15 PM Oct 7 2009 2009
Peterdinosaurous
Peterdinosaurous is a moderator.Peterdinosaurous has provided valuable testing services for the website.Peterdinosaurous wrote an exemplary guide.Peterdinosaurous did something funny.Peterdinosaurous helped a member with a problem.Peterdinosaurous keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Peterdinosaurous participated in the Karaoke Contest!

i made mine but i suck with paint oh well cant blame a guy for trying ^_^
2:16 PM Oct 7 2009 2009
Peterdinosaurous
Peterdinosaurous is a moderator.Peterdinosaurous has provided valuable testing services for the website.Peterdinosaurous wrote an exemplary guide.Peterdinosaurous did something funny.Peterdinosaurous helped a member with a problem.Peterdinosaurous keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Peterdinosaurous participated in the Karaoke Contest!

Quote (originally posted by Ikeboy):
how do you get the picture to 964x175 pixels in paint?

you cant do it in attributes in the image tab
2:59 AM Oct 8 2009 2009
D2S Speed
Unstoppable
D2S Speed rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.

Yeah count me in I am entering both contest!
3:25 PM Oct 8 2009 2009
person701
Spread the Love

Well, this contest has given me something to do now. =)

And just a tip to the people using paint: you're a way's behind. It'll be a lot easier with GIMP or Photoshop and the result will be better, trust me, I use to use paint as well, then I found GIMP... O_O
5:26 PM Oct 8 2009 2009
Vincenzo
Vincenzo is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"Vincenzo is a shameless badge whore. Mods beware.
"Badge Whore"

Lol, this is going to be soooo awesome!
I'm joining for sure!

~"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality"~
5:41 PM Oct 8 2009 2009
Vincenzo
"Badge Whore"

I made a quick and simple render of the "Original" All is Brawl logo, to speed up the process of rendering :3

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd339/shadowluigio/Other%20Epic%20stuff/thewii-45.png

6:24 PM Oct 8 2009 2009
Vincenzo
"Badge Whore"

it's pretty bad...but I had fun with it. ^_^

Last edited by Vincenzo, 8:07 PM on Oct 08, 2009
6:59 PM Oct 8 2009 2009
Groose
Groose rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Groose watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Groose has referred new users to the site.Groose did something funny.Groose impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Groose helped a member with a problem.

Here's my entry, if It's elegible.  I fail at MS paint.

Opinions anyone?
Inb4 ToonLink,Link,Kirby,MetaKnight mains and ReDead Link fans
Last edited by Groose, 10:38 PM on Oct 08, 2009
8:16 PM Oct 8 2009 2009
Black Mother
Black Mother rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Black Mother has referred new users to the site.Black Mother wrote an exemplary guide.Black Mother did something funny.Black Mother impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Black Mother helped a member with a problem.Black Mother keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Black Mother won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!Black Mother won a Custom Texture Contest! Black Mother defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Black Mother overcame every obstacle and bested the site's Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!

Quote (originally posted by Vincenzo):
I made a quick and simple render of the "Original" All is Brawl logo, to speed up the process of rendering :3

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd339/shadowluigio/Other%20Epic%20stuff/thewii-45.png

That looks like the first logo posted on the original post...Except with some dodge tooling. :l

-Krystal-: You know what wouldve made an interesting starter?
hamek: You know what would've made an interesting SHUT THE **** UP.

[8:00:01 PM | Edited 8:00:13 PM] MangoVape: jarv demodded 740 just to get skychu
8:16 PM Oct 8 2009 2009
aberz
Secret Agent
aberz is spying on you with a super scope, better watch out!aberz did something funny.aberz impressed a staff member by doing something smart.aberz helped a member with a problem.aberz has referred new users to the site.aberz won a Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by LadyMartel):
6. Contest entry must be sent via private message to me (LadyMartel) with “Special Banner Contest Entry” as the subject before October 21st, 2009 at 11:49 pm (Pacific Standard Time)

For those who did not take the time to read, do not post your work here, send it too LM.
9:20 PM Oct 8 2009 2009
Vincenzo
"Badge Whore"

Quote (originally posted by ALbO ArBaN):
That looks like the first logo posted on the original post...Except with some dodge tooling. :l

Lmao, that's exactly what it is. icon_wink Still better seein' that then a white blob. <.<'

9:49 PM Oct 8 2009 2009
LadyMartel
Virtuoso
LadyMartel has referred new users to the site.LadyMartel made significant contributions to all areas of the website!LadyMartel did something funny.LadyMartel helped a member with a problem.LadyMartel won a Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by aberz):
For those who did not take the time to read, do not post your work here, send it too LM.

Thanks aberz. icon_smile

Participants, read the rules please. kthx
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Quick Jump
rss