Modern Warfare 2 - Hype?

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4
1:51 PM Oct 25 2009 2009
Katsura Rap Yo
Featured Sig Maker
Katsura Rap Yo rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Katsura Rap Yo is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Katsura Rap Yo won a Signature of the Week contest!

Modern Warfare 2
I want to know if there are any COD fans in AIb. With the upcoming game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, I want to know each and every one of your opinions toward the trailers, graphics, perks shown so far, and weapons.
So far it's looking great but we cant determine how great it is unless the gamer plays it correct?
In my opinion this is going to be like game of the year, even better than halo icon_wink
Most definitely a best seller, and will sell out the first day its released..which is in!!

I know im hyped...and really cant wait these last few weeks before the release. Also, some info on it would be appreciated. For example if it's midnight release?
Or if you know anything in more depth please share.

2:08 PM Oct 25 2009 2009
frequentpasture
Friendly
frequentpasture Submitted false scores to the Stadium.
"Had a wife and couldn't keep her."frequentpasture has referred new users to the site.frequentpasture did something funny.frequentpasture impressed a staff member by doing something smart.frequentpasture helped a member with a problem.

It HAS to be a midnight release. This game is so hyped - May I say, overhyped? - but any game like this NEEDS to have a midnight release.

Anyway, dare I say it, the last time I was this hyped for an FPS was The Conduit...

...I'm going to get it when the price drops on eBay, though. Halo: ODST has already dropped to like $30 on eBay, so I'm only expecting MW2 to do SOMEWHAT the same, since it's an all new game, it'll drop slower but steadier.

I'm thinking March will be a good time to get it.

SADFACE
2:16 PM Oct 25 2009 2009
Katsura Rap Yo
Featured Sig Maker
Katsura Rap Yo rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Katsura Rap Yo is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Katsura Rap Yo won a Signature of the Week contest!

I couldn't imagine not getting this on the release date. I've heard so much about how people got better in COD4 over the time. I stopped playing cod 4 around august due to live expiring, so im pretty much not as good as I used to be.
I do hope it is midnight release, I mean it has to be, right? To damn good.
Ill camp outside of gamestop like others have XD
Also, ODST has droped that much already??
Wow, might get that on eBay.
3:09 PM Oct 25 2009 2009
nealdt
Bonafide
nealdt created the "All is" network, "possibly the best thing since sliced bread."nealdt passed a Tournament Host Certification test.nealdt has provided valuable testing services for the website.nealdt is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.nealdt made significant contributions to all areas of the website!nealdt did something funny.nealdt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.nealdt has referred new users to the site.nealdt wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!nealdt helped a member with a problem.nealdt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

SO PUMPED.
4:30 PM Oct 25 2009 2009
Flash
The Very Best
Flash is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

****ing amazing. I cannot wait for this game and I'll probably suck at brawl when I get back on since I will be playing this so much. Though I hate that they added the cliche sticky grenade.
5:00 PM Oct 25 2009 2009
frequentpasture
Friendly
"Had a wife and couldn't keep her."frequentpasture has referred new users to the site.frequentpasture did something funny.frequentpasture impressed a staff member by doing something smart.frequentpasture helped a member with a problem.

Quote (originally posted by nealdt):
SO PUMPED.

Neal wants it.

Me getting it = moved up 4 months.

Anyway, to Conker-kun; http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_Price=..35%40c&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A2464&_nkw=Halo+3+ODST&_mPrRngCbx=1&_sop=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I could be wrong about final sales prices, but I can see two listings, as of now, that are under $30 with about 30 minutes left. You could buy it now, with free shipping, at $50 (which is $10 less than retail, yes?), and probably buy it now for around $40, too.
5:13 PM Oct 25 2009 2009
Katsura Rap Yo
Featured Sig Maker

Yea those sticky gernades will be a pain, but if your still going to play brawl then I recommend you play half half of them.Stay equal in both sides to have a balanced mind on what your doing. In the other hand im 100% cod now.

Also, thanks Karl, I see that there around that rpice, but many bids. But really...waiting that long for mw2? Get it immediately!!! o:
5:19 PM Oct 25 2009 2009
frequentpasture
Friendly

I'll try! I'm trying to save up money for it icon_surprised
8:33 PM Oct 25 2009 2009
Tophy-
Great Dark Spot
Tophy- rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Tophy- did something funny.

I'm surprisingly not all that excited for this game, considering how much I loved Modern Warfare.
I'm not entirely sure why either.

Maybe it's the fact that Left4Dead 2 comes out a week (?) later.
<--- :3
6:55 AM Oct 26 2009 2009
Armus
Friendly
Armus did something funny.Armus impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Armus helped a member with a problem.

^ What this man has said.

L4D2.

Why get Modern Warfare?
2:25 PM Oct 26 2009 2009
frequentpasture
Friendly

Because Left 4 Dead 2 scares my tummy.
3:23 PM Oct 26 2009 2009
Tophy-
Great Dark Spot
Tophy- rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Tophy- did something funny.

That's why you always play with a buddy.
4:17 PM Oct 26 2009 2009
Katsura Rap Yo
Featured Sig Maker

Left 4 Dead 2 was actually a dissapointment for many players. The fact that the promised updates didn't come soon enough, now its out but still L4D2 really isn't a game everyone is looking forward to. Unlike l4d2 mw2 is.

and a reason to get modern warfare is because its just basicly r8p. The game will be to damn good, and will never get boring. L4d2 gets boring without friends, so thats up to you. Im not trying to down l4d2, because its a game ill get later..say months after mw2? But really guys it comes down to this. Put mw2 and l4d2 in my face, ill pick mw2, and throw away l4d2.
6:00 PM Oct 26 2009 2009
Knight of Brawl
Featured Blogger
Knight of Brawl wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

I'm not the worlds biggest shooter fan but I am syced for this game nonetheless. My thoughts in short: pwnage. Throwing knives ftw!
Thx firebomb
6:51 PM Oct 26 2009 2009
frequentpasture
Friendly

Haha, that was a funny ending that added to the awesomeness of, what is it called, host migration? Anyway, pretty cool.

I like the showmanship that these previews are displaying, to be honest. I'm a sucker for ads.
6:51 PM Oct 26 2009 2009
Tophy-
Great Dark Spot

MW2 will get boring eventually. Every game does.
So will L4D2.

But MW2 just isn't grabbing me like it should. It's seems very difficult to outdue MW1, so I keep thinking MW2 is gonna be the same game, with some new weapons and new maps. Nothing special.
I know L4D2 will be the exact same thing, but a multi-player zombie game hasn't been done many, many times before like a games like MW2.

I'm getting both on their respective release dates, so maybe my opinions will change when I actually play the games.
But I try not to get hyped about new video games.
7:30 PM Oct 26 2009 2009
frequentpasture
Friendly

Quote (originally posted by GBrute):
But I try not to get hyped about new video games.

It's the smartest thing to do. I always get run over by the hype train, though. I don't know why, I'm a jerk like that.

And, mainly the reason that I am hyped for this game is because I've only owned on first person shooter, ever, and that's The Conduit.
7:33 PM Oct 26 2009 2009
Magnatoon
Certified BAMF
Magnatoon is a certified BAMF. Check his kill/death.Magnatoon would like you to make a contract with them.Magnatoon watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Magnatoon did something funny.Magnatoon impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Magnatoon helped a member with a problem.Magnatoon keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Magnatoon has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

The best games are the ones with no hype.

It's like a nice surprise
10:02 PM Oct 26 2009 2009
Katsura Rap Yo
Featured Sig Maker

^LOL really?
 I could list some fail games that had no hype to begin with. And alot of them are for the wii icon_razz
10:24 PM Oct 26 2009 2009
Broken
The Best Team Money Can Buy
Broken rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.

I didn't like COD 4 or 5 so no thanks.
Page: 1 2 3 4

Quick Jump
rss