Werewolf XII: Werewolf Strikes Home - Night 4

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 · 11 104
11:01 PM Nov 9 2009 2009
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie
Riddle McGriddle has provided valuable testing services for the website.Riddle McGriddle wrote an exemplary guide.Riddle McGriddle did something funny.Riddle McGriddle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Riddle McGriddle helped a member with a problem.Riddle McGriddle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Riddle McGriddle won a Signature of the Week contest!

Werewolf XII: Werewolf Strikes Home
All around the mulberry bush, the monkey was not chasing the weasel--for fear of whatever had let out that unearthly howl of despair.

Of course, Riddle had no intention of ever screaming that loudly in his entire life, but the overall shock and despair from losing the two friends one holds most dear (even if he only knew them through the internet) could not be contained by his fleshy shell. Tears streamed from his eyes in rage and sadness. He pulled out his banhammer and slammed it against a tree. Even though the force of the blow wasn't hard at all, the impact caused the wood to explode into pieces. Unsupported, the trunk, branches, leaves, and the rest of the tree all came tumbling down, crashing to the floor of the woods. A loud, woody thunder resounded through the timbers, echoing a chorus throughout the woods.

"Ridds," Ryker said, staring at the moderator with remorse and pity. He too felt overwhelmed by the death of his friend and opponent Dacidbro and his Werewolf rival Dr. Sprite, but was not about to let a sound so inhuman out of his body. He didn't even think his vocal chords could manage such a sound.

Riddle stepped forward and stared at the bodies of his friends. He touched the lifeless shells, remorsed and yet curiously attracted to the death. His fingertips nearly froze to touch the corpses, crying out for warmth again. Riddle noticed something gleaming attached to their clothes. He inspected it, but had no clue what to make out of it. Riddle dropped his hand, then backed away. He would've liked to give his friends a more appropriate funeral, but he couldn't manage it. There was no way to bury them. Sadly, he turned his back, too overwhelmed by the image to continue investigating his friends.

"C'mon Ridds, let's go," Ryker said, trying to comfort his friend. Riddle gave a slow nod, head facing the ground. He slowly moved to Ryker and walked away with him towards the direction of the town.

---

"Hey Ridds, what's that?" Ryker said, pointing off into the distance. Riddle looked up from his feet, eyes burning with depression. In the distance, he could make out a body lying in the road ahead of them. Fear gripped him, rendering him motionless for a few moments. Not again..., he thought. Once he regained control of his limbs, Riddle dashed ahead to inspect the body. Hopefully he or she was still alive.

Please, let him live. Please, be alive! No more death!

Riddle stopped, panting, looking over the body. It wasn't a man at all though. Definitely womanly. Riddle didn't recognize her though, for he had never seen her before. There weren't many woman in General Silliness that could make that claim. He made a short list of possibilities in his mind.

Ryker, meanwhile, did the more appropriate thing. He checked her pulse and placed his ear next to her chest to see if she was still alive.

"Chill Riddz, she's alive," Ryker said, standing up again.

"I wonder who it is," Riddle said, a quiver in his voice. Even though he was relieved by the knowledge that the person here was simply unconscious (hell, she was rather unscathed too), not dead, the shock of the event was still there, on top of how upset he was over the death of his friends. Riddle took a deep breath and tried to relax.

Almost simultaneously, the woman did too. Riddle blinked in shock, even slightly jumped. Ryker was slightly caught off guard, but wasn't stunned by the effect. The woman's eyes fluttered open like the wings of a butterfly. She gasped, looked around, and tried to make sense of where she was.

"Where am I?" she said, sitting up.

"If I had a clue, I'd tell ya," Ryker said.

"Eh, I'm p. clueless myself," Riddle murmured in response. "Who are you, though?"

"Tee hee~"

Riddle's expression turned to one of annoyance. At least he was right about her gender.

"Hi Inaro," he said.

"Hi Riddle," she replied. His guess was accurate; the woman was indeed Shinarouji. Riddle extended his hand for her to take. She tentatively grasped it, and Riddle pulled her up off the ground. She dusted herself off then looked at the pair of somber walkers.

"You look sad," she said, notefully. Ryker made to speak, but Riddle just turned his head and looked absently into the distance.

"Yeah, he's having it a bit rough," Ryker said.

"Why?" Shinarouji asked.

"I'd tell you, but I think it's better to show you," Ryker said. He led Shinarouji away to see what he had shown Riddle earlier. Riddle stayed behind, staring out into the distance. His mind was long gone, wandering somewhere amidst the wooded countryside that seemed to cover this world. Almost suddenly, his mind drifted into a daydream of sorts.

A young Riddle played in the clearing, holding a bright blue and green ball in his hands. He bounced it around amidst the field, watching the sphere float through the air, arcing up and down and up again, slowly allowing gravity to take effect. Riddle laughed all the while, attempting to catch it before the ball rolled to a halt on the earth. Sometimes he succeeded, sometimes he failed, sometimes the ball clumsily hit him on the head. However, he was enjoying his little escapade with the ball.

Suddenly, a kid about his height in a black robe walked up to him. He greeted Riddle and asked to play with him. Lil Riddle thought for a moment, then nodded in agreement. After all, two people were better than one? So he began to toss the little ball between himself and the robed kid. Riddle noticed that each time the ball returned to him, it was slightly more dull each time, slowly turning gray. Riddle looked at it with a childish wonder inbetween passes, pondering on how the robed kid had done that. However, once the ball turned a full shade of depressing gray, the robed kid picked it up and looked at it.

"How boring," he muttered, and then threw it at Lil Riddle's face with such speed and velocity that Riddle did not have time to dodge. At the speed it was going, it was bound to knock the very brains out of him, as well as his life. His skull would be a shattered fragment of nothingness. Just as the ball was about to hit him square inbetween his eyes...

He heard crying. Riddle snapped back to attention. He looked around and spotted Ryker returning, comforting a Shinarouji. The poor woman's faucets and apparently opened, for tears were spouting from her eyes.

"S-Sprite," Shinarouji sobbed. "Why D-Dr. Sprite..."

Ryker couldn't console her. He didn't know how. Riddle frowned and looked away, feeling tears begin to well in his own eyes too. Realizing that the woman needed his comfort more than he needed his own consolement, Riddle stood up, walked over to her, and put his arm around her. She looked over to him, eyes wide with astonishment (and sparkling with tears). Riddle tried to force a smile between the rivers pouring from his eyes.

---

Their depressions were too slow for the hustle and bustle of town.

It wasn't a really active place, of course. With a residency of seventeen, there weren't that many people to create such a distraction, but considering certain individuals, it was a rather hectic place. I mean, with people like Blargcow and Zack present, a day could never be silent.

Especially when both individuals were having an argument in the middle of the street.

"ur avatars suk blarg kindly go yiff yourself to death"

"furries are hawt zack you'll cum around eventually"

"You're right, maybe I will. I think I'm getting turned on at the moment."

"rly?"

"no. go die."

Riddle felt like banning both to save himself the headache of having to deal with 24/7 Blargcow, but he decided that it was against his better judgment. He had to find out who had killed Dacidbro and Sprite and the inhabitants of this town could probably provide better insight into the murder. Going in guns firing with no absolute thought on who the guilty party may be would probably result with more innocent blood on his hands than guilty ones and getting the spot out would be harder than he could imagine.

"hey zack look its that gay mod riddle"

"oh look the power abuse about to abuse his power"

"Hi guys," Riddle said. "Got some grim news for ya, Adminbro and Dr. Sprite have been murdered."

"lol gayest admin of em all got his," Blargcow said. "no more-I GOTTA WARN JOHN LENNON"

Riddle blinked at the sudden outburst from Blargcow. Placing it as an impossibility that he'd cut himself off purposely and yell out that he had to warn John Lennon (for some unknown reason, probably because John Lennon [the fake one] was a scurvy dog who very much deserved warning), Riddle looked around. Certainly enough, he saw a face smiling at him.

"Hello Riddle," said a familiar voice.

"Figures you'd do something like that, Ssuka. Hi," Riddle responded.

"What's up?" he said. Riddle merely responded with a darkening of his face and expression. "Ah...not good. You mentioned something about Dacidbro and Sprite being murdered...dare I say, is this true...?" Riddle looked at the ground and merely nodded.

"hey stop power abusing you nazi!" Blargcow shouted at Ssuka.

"Now you've broken Godwin's Law," Ssuka said. He stared at Blargcow again and all of a sudden, Blarg seemed to suddenly have gone mute. "There...that's more like it...I'm sorry to hear about Dacidbro and Sprite...it's a sad day indeed," Ssuka said nervously. Riddle merely nodded.

"Ryker and Inaro should be back shortly, they went off to gather everyone else and spread the news about the death," Riddle said, barely audible.

"I see...want to listen to a song I wrote?" Ssuka asked, modestly trying to get Riddle's mind off the subject and get him thinking a little more positively.

"Thanks Ssuka, but I'll pass..." Riddle murmured.

"Alright then," Ssuka said. "If you change your mind, just ask..."

"Alright," Riddle said.

They waited for some time for Ryker and Shinarouji to return. Eventually, both returned with fifteen other people in tow. Riddle made out most of their faces from images he had seen, but some were completely foreign. For example, while he saw Plan 9's face in the crowd, he did not recognize Demon Kirby's until someone told Riddle who he was (though he should've assumed it simply by the ugliness).

"Glad you could make it to such a grim occasion. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news," Riddle began, voice stronger than earlier, "but Dacidbro and Sprite have been murdered in cold blood. I have no clue who did it, just that I found both victims hanging by a thread off a rather thick, low-hanging branch of the tree. I'm furious at such a murder. I want revenge. However, I need to find the killers and, instead of killing you all, I'd rather find out about as much as I can. However, it looks like the sun is setting, so I'll start tomorrow. Please meet here when you've prepared for the day."

---

Riddle stared out into the sky, gazing at the stars. He felt at peace, for some odd reason. Maybe the concept of how tiny he truly was in the universe made him realize that his grief was merely futile, he wasn't sure. The stars were just a nice thing to watch move. He was tracing them out in the sky with his finger too, reminiscing back to when he was a kid again.

Rustle!

Riddle stood up and looked around in terror. Growing confidence overtook his face and a flash of determination appeared in his eyes. Maybe the assailants of his friends had decided to show themselves. Maybe he wouldn't have to go through all the work of discovering them through the crowd of people that inhabited this strange town.

"Hi Riddle," came a feminine voice.

"Huh? ...oh, hi Inaro. Sorry, got a little worried that the killers wanted three bodies hanging from that tree instead of two," Riddle said. He sat back down again and turned his head towards the stars.

"It's alright," she said, sitting down next to him. "I just wish this hadn't happened."

"Hrm?" Riddle asked.

"My gender! Now everyone knows I'm a girl," she responded, looking dumbfounded. Riddle gave her a smile, her attempt at cheering him up was definitely nice, but he saw through it easily. He decided to go along with it, though.

"To be honest, you were bad at hiding it," Riddle said.

"Oh really~" Shinarouji responded.

"Yeh, you left a bunch of clues. Dacid had you pe-..." Riddle cut himself off, noticing a sad look befall Shinarouji's face. He frowned himself, then looked up at the stars.

"Why do you like them?" Shinarouji asked.

"What, the stars?" Riddle responded. Shinarouji gave him a nod. "They calm me. The stories behind the constellations, the puzzle of solving them, just picking them out, it's all very relaxing. I dunno why."

"Weird," she said.

"Eh, you should probably go sleep. I'll go inside soon," Riddle said. Shina tried to protest, but agreed and went inside. Once inside, Riddle stood up and made a stance, ready to fight.

"You can come out now," he said. "You're poor at stealth."

However, before he could move to defend himself, a ball came flying at his face. It crashed into his skull and shattered it. He never survived the impact.

---

Riddle (The Jort) the Moderator has been slain!

0. Riddle / Lukadi / Game Narrator
-1. Dr. Sprite / Dr. Sprite / Homicide Victim
-2. Dacidbro / Dacidbro / Homicide Victim
1. Shinarouji / ??? / ???
2. Peekajoo/ ??? / ???
3. Armus / ??? / ???
4. Jecht / ??? / ???
5. Drugs! / ??? / ???
6. Betagold / ??? / ???
7. Eki / ??? / ???
8. The Jort / Riddle* / SkullSmashed N1
9. Leafy / ??? / ???
10. TheNix / ??? / ???
11. Magic Magnum / ??? / ???
12. Demon Kirby / ??? / ???
13. TehBrawlGuy / ??? / ???
14. Tornado Watch / ??? / ???
15. Galakazoo / ??? / ???
16. Simpleblast / ??? / ???
17. Ryker / ??? / ???
18. Tizoc / ??? / ???
19. Traveling Cat / ??? / ???
20. Kikyo / ??? / ???

Win Condition Modification

Townies have a special unit among them known as mods. These mods are more unique roles in that the town cannot win if the mods are all killed. Likewise, the trolls cannot win if mods are alive and well, even if a majority has been reached. Keep that in mind as you continue.

(DO NOT POST)

[12:53:28 PM] Volke Aeno: Eklipse likes Magical boys better.
Last edited by Riddle McGriddle, 2:06 AM on Dec 27, 2009
11:03 PM Nov 9 2009 2009
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie
Riddle McGriddle has provided valuable testing services for the website.Riddle McGriddle wrote an exemplary guide.Riddle McGriddle did something funny.Riddle McGriddle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Riddle McGriddle helped a member with a problem.Riddle McGriddle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Riddle McGriddle won a Signature of the Week contest!

Etiquette:
    [01] Play to win according to your win condition. Violators of this rule will be mod-killed.

[02] Role Claim is permitted, but you may not, at any time, quote or screen-shot any PMs sent to you by myself or anyone else.

[03] You may not discuss the game outside this thread unless your role explicitly permits you to. If someone approaches you to discuss the game and I have not told you that they may do so, please report it to me.

[04] Leave any grudges at the door. Any unnecessary flaming, abuse, or bad language will be punishable as I see fit. Arguments and emotions are of course expected in any Werewolf game, but stay away from personal attacks; they will not be tolerated.

[05] Once you are dead you may not post, barring one post containing no game-related content [e.g. "Bah!"].

[06] Discussion of other ongoing games is prohibited.

[07] Don't edit/delete previously submitted posts, or other player's posts. This rule, of course, does not apply to me.

[08] No hidden/small text, or usage of languages other than English are permitted.

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines:
    [01] Votes and retracts must be bolded and in red in order to be counted. [e.g. Sprite].

[02] If you want to remove your vote without placing a new one, you may Retract or Unvote.

[03] Abbreviations and nicknames for players are fine, but if I don't understand who you're voting for, I won't count the vote.

[04] Each Day Phase will be given a default deadline of 2 weeks at the start of day. I may extend or reduce these deadlines depending on activity. If you wish to make a suggestion regarding the deadlines, please pm me.

[05] When a majority of votes [more than 50% of total votes] for a player is reached, the game moves into the Evening Phase, and the player is considered dead and no further votes and retracts will count.

[06] The Evening Phase is the time between a player is lynched and the time I post the narrative and move the game into Night Phase. During Evening, all players are free to discuss anything openly, except for the lynched player. No cast votes will be counted, however.

[07] Each Night Phase will have an automatic deadline of 48 hours. The thread will be locked during this time. If all night choices are received sooner, I will open the thread earlier.

[08] If no majority is reached by the Deadline, the person with the majority of votes cast is lynched. If no such person exists, a No Lynch is initiated.

Activity and Prodding:
    [01] Each player is expected to post at least once every 72 hours.

[02] If you feel that you may not be able to post in-thread for a period of 72 hours or longer, please say so in-thread and send me a PM as warning. If I find it necessary, I will have you replaced, but I would much rather keep all players who sign up for any of my games.

[03] If you want a player prodded, please request so in thread. I will also prod any players if and when I feel it is appropriate.

[04] If you are prodded, you have 48 hours to either post in thread, or reply to my prod. If you fail to pick up your prod, or if your activity overall is unacceptable, or if I have to prod you more than twice, I will replace you [and failing that, modkill you].

Other:
    [01] You may request prods, replacements, clarifications, and vote counts from me directly in the thread, but please precede such with bold, blue text. [e.g., Could you prod Riddle?]

[02] Do not question my decisions in-thread: if you have a problem with me, take it to Private Messages. You may, of course, post problems you see with my vote counts, ect.

[03] If you are mod-killed for breaking the rules of the game, your role is changed to Neutral Survivor [i.e.: you lose].

[04] I am not a lawyer, so if you think the rules have holes, please let me know. If you exploit such a hole, expect to be removed.

[05] This game is not for the weak. Poor play makes me sad. You all aren't n00bs anymore. Ergo, I expect you to give the best you can give into this game.

[06] This is a GAME! Enjoy it.

11:03 PM Nov 9 2009 2009
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

And with that, this game is open. Enjoy, guys.

11:08 PM Nov 9 2009 2009
Korra
More a Giver than a Taker
Korra rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Korra can only be mindraped by one.Korra has referred new users to the site.Korra did something funny.Korra impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Korra helped a member with a problem.

Why can't Shina be an it ;o;
11:11 PM Nov 9 2009 2009
TehLuvdiscGuy
Smartypants
TehLuvdiscGuy rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.TehLuvdiscGuy did something funny.TehLuvdiscGuy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.TehLuvdiscGuy helped a member with a problem.

Tizoc.

Be back later tonight.

This is Mario!

d:§D PM me to give mario an item! (any series will work.... Brawl, kart, nsmb, smw, smb3, mario party, paper mario, etc...) Total items used: 1 Last item used: Fire Flower! Current status... Large & bringing the fire pwnage!

Be aware of what you say... It may end up in my profile....
11:13 PM Nov 9 2009 2009
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

Quote (originally posted by Leafy):
Why can't Shina be an it ;o;
It's a storyboard. Gosh.

11:18 PM Nov 9 2009 2009
Mittens McKittens
Mostly Harmless
Mittens McKittens is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Mittens McKittens would like you to make a contract with them.Mittens McKittens rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Mittens McKittens keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Mittens McKittens has referred new users to the site.Mittens McKittens did something funny.Mittens McKittens impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Mittens McKittens helped a member with a problem.Mittens McKittens won a Signature of the Week contest!Mittens McKittens won a Large Art of the Month contest!Mittens McKittens contributed to the Stadium community.

Haven't you heard of hermaphrodites?
11:19 PM Nov 9 2009 2009
Korra
More a Giver than a Taker
Korra rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Korra can only be mindraped by one.Korra has referred new users to the site.Korra did something funny.Korra impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Korra helped a member with a problem.

Apparently he hasn't.
11:27 PM Nov 9 2009 2009
Tybalt Maxwell
Spread the Love
Tybalt Maxwell rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Tybalt Maxwell did something funny.Tybalt Maxwell impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Tybalt Maxwell helped a member with a problem.

The word "Hermaphrodite" comes from the names
Hermes and Aphrodite
The former being the greek god of masculinity (Among other things)
The later being the greek goddess of femininity (Among other things)
Combined they are used to represent a perfect balance between genders.
The more you know! (Fax frum tha devenci code)

Someone do something suspicious so I can vote for them.

Randy is impregnated by Tyrone in our Movie, BOYS WILL BE BOYS...
11:44 PM Nov 9 2009 2009
Drugs!
Cheesehead
Drugs! rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Drugs! did something funny.Drugs! helped a member with a problem.

@ so ridds are we all in it?
Quote (originally posted by Riddle):
Drugs, you make me smile and want to punch **** simultaneously

11:50 PM Nov 9 2009 2009
Tybalt Maxwell
Spread the Love
Tybalt Maxwell rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Tybalt Maxwell did something funny.Tybalt Maxwell impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Tybalt Maxwell helped a member with a problem.

Quote (originally posted by TheBrawlGuy):
Do NOT mock me.

That only makes me want to mock you.

Mock mock mock mock mock.

@Drugs
He went to bed 2 hours ago, IIRC.

Randy is impregnated by Tyrone in our Movie, BOYS WILL BE BOYS...
11:56 PM Nov 9 2009 2009
Mittens McKittens
Mostly Harmless
Mittens McKittens is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Mittens McKittens would like you to make a contract with them.Mittens McKittens rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Mittens McKittens keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Mittens McKittens has referred new users to the site.Mittens McKittens did something funny.Mittens McKittens impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Mittens McKittens helped a member with a problem.Mittens McKittens won a Signature of the Week contest!Mittens McKittens won a Large Art of the Month contest!Mittens McKittens contributed to the Stadium community.

So he posted this thread while he was asleep?

o.o
12:02 AM Nov 10 2009 2009
TehLuvdiscGuy
Smartypants
TehLuvdiscGuy rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.TehLuvdiscGuy did something funny.TehLuvdiscGuy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.TehLuvdiscGuy helped a member with a problem.

Why is Zack copying me? C'mon, DK he's not in the game, tell him to leave so no-one gets confused.

@everyone: Why no voting/questions? Why do you think I voted Tizzy? Why do you think Jort was killed?

Why was Jort's role not revealed?

Oh, and why does Jort's role name have an asterisk at the end?

This is Mario!

d:§D PM me to give mario an item! (any series will work.... Brawl, kart, nsmb, smw, smb3, mario party, paper mario, etc...) Total items used: 1 Last item used: Fire Flower! Current status... Large & bringing the fire pwnage!

12:08 AM Nov 10 2009 2009
Mittens McKittens
Mostly Harmless

it's easy enough to tell the difference between you two.
12:10 AM Nov 10 2009 2009
TehLuvdiscGuy
Smartypants

People who aren't playing still shouldn't spam the thread.

This is Mario!

12:10 AM Nov 10 2009 2009
Mittens McKittens
Mostly Harmless

Fair enough.
3:53 AM Nov 10 2009 2009
TehLuvdiscGuy
Smartypants

Wow, this is dead for Day 1.

How would you all feel about implementing a LAL (Lynch All Lurkers) policy?

And Shina is so a guy.

This is Mario!

7:08 AM Nov 10 2009 2009
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

Quote (originally posted by TehBrawlGuy):
Why was Jort's role not revealed?

Oh, and why does Jort's role name have an asterisk at the end?
The Jort's role was revealed. Roles were named after members of the GS community. The role's name is in bold.

7:16 AM Nov 10 2009 2009
TehLuvdiscGuy
Smartypants

Right, I know that. What I meant was what it does.

This is Mario!

8:27 AM Nov 10 2009 2009
Eki
Spread the Love
Eki did something funny.Eki impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Eki helped a member with a problem.

Don't know if it will help to figure out what role did the killing (since it doesn't connect them to a player in any case), but;
The ball that crushed RiddleJort's face was most probably related to the ball from his day dream/flashback/whatever. Which 'troll' of GS could be described wearing a black robe, along with the other traits described?

I thought of Kuru at first, but first of all, I wouldn't put him as a troll, and second, he's into black mages, who have black faces, not (necessarily) black robes.
kolasås ㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 · 11 104

Quick Jump
rss