Banner Contest - Winter Holidays!

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2
2:11 PM Nov 27 2009 2009
Zolga
Space Cowboy
Zolga is your biggest fanZolga has referred new users to the site.Zolga impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Zolga helped a member with a problem.Zolga keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Banner Contest - Winter Holidays!
(Since just Christmas might be offensive ^^)
Winter Holidays Banner Contest! 

All is Brawl will display a special themed banner for 1 week to celebrate the Winter Holidays.

Specifics:  

1. Banner must be 964x175 pixels.   
2. Banner should have a seasonal color scheme. However it does not have to complement the orange theme.
3. Banner should be 100% related to Smash and represent AiB.  
4. The logo should be displayed near the middle of the banner in a decent size. You may use this logo or create your own: [click here for logo] (original, not rendered )  
        [click here for logo v2]  (rendered and edited by Spellman)

Rules:  

1. Each entrant may submit up to two entries. Once a banner is submitted, it cannot be changed.   
2. The banner may be a redesign of an older idea of the entrant’s. However, do not submit old work.   
3. Entrants will be penalized accordingly for plagiarism, faked votes, and other inappropriate conduct.  
The process in which the winner is decided will depend on how many
entries we receive. It will most likely involve public voting as well
as admin panel selection.   
5. The admin panel reserves the right to rule that the banner will not be changed for this banner contest if
the qualities of the banners do not meet the required quality.   
Contest entry must be sent via private message to me (Zolga) with
“Winter Banner Contest Entry” as the subject before December 17th, 2009
at 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time). 

Resources:  

Planetrenders.net – Register an account for access to good quality Smash character renders and other resources!  

Old banners: [click here for old banners]  

Brawl logo rendered: [click here for rendered Brawl logo]  

As you work on your banner, you may post it in this thread to gather opinions from other artists. I will also offer my opinion on banners, just PM me with a work in progress banner with the subject “Banner Contest ADVICE.”

I didn't totally steal this format from LadyMartel's Halloween Banner post icon_razz
Last edited by DedSec_Defalt, 7:50 PM on Jun 09, 2014
2:33 PM Nov 28 2009 2009
Player-0
Player-0 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Player-0 helped a member with a problem.Player-0 won a Signature of the Week contest!

Will banners that follow the colors of the site be favorited. Just wondering before I start.
4:36 PM Nov 28 2009 2009
Black Mother
Black Mother rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Black Mother has referred new users to the site.Black Mother wrote an exemplary guide.Black Mother did something funny.Black Mother impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Black Mother helped a member with a problem.Black Mother keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Black Mother won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!Black Mother won a Custom Texture Contest! Black Mother defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Black Mother overcame every obstacle and bested the site's Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!

Hey Zolga, do you know if badges from the last contest are going to be put up any time soon? Martel said it here:

Quote (originally posted by LadyMartel):
To see the name of the person who made the banner, just look at the name of of the banner. Thank to all those who participated. We hope you will join our future banner contests as well.

Badges will be awarded sometime within the next two weeks to all those with legitimate entries.

-Krystal-: You know what wouldve made an interesting starter?
hamek: You know what would've made an interesting SHUT THE **** UP.

[8:00:01 PM | Edited 8:00:13 PM] MangoVape: jarv demodded 740 just to get skychu
4:04 PM Dec 1 2009 2009
Black Mother
Black Mother rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Black Mother has referred new users to the site.Black Mother wrote an exemplary guide.Black Mother did something funny.Black Mother impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Black Mother helped a member with a problem.Black Mother keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Black Mother won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!Black Mother won a Custom Texture Contest! Black Mother defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Black Mother overcame every obstacle and bested the site's Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!

Quote (originally posted by chez):
Will banners that follow the colors of the site be favorited. Just wondering before I start.

Considering the Halloween banner made by Aberz was black and darkish, I'd say it doesn't matter.

-Krystal-: You know what wouldve made an interesting starter?
hamek: You know what would've made an interesting SHUT THE **** UP.

[8:00:01 PM | Edited 8:00:13 PM] MangoVape: jarv demodded 740 just to get skychu
5:06 PM Dec 1 2009 2009
Hugh Heff
Super Effective
Hugh Heff defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!

Allright ill try this one. Ill make it better than the last one i did.
5:12 PM Dec 1 2009 2009
Kawaii Desu Otter
I Gots Jokes
Kawaii Desu Otter did something funny.Kawaii Desu Otter impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Kawaii Desu Otter helped a member with a problem.Kawaii Desu Otter keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Kawaii Desu Otter won a Large Art of the Month contest!Kawaii Desu Otter won a Signature of the Week contest!

Working on an entry now...
6:00 PM Dec 4 2009 2009
Grapes
Almost Famous
Grapes won a Signature of the Week contest!

o: I'll start on one.
10:53 PM Dec 4 2009 2009
Kurei
Grudge Match Fridays 4 Life
Kurei is a fan of Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop.Kurei is Dr. Cain's only mistake.Kurei has referred new users to the site.Kurei impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Kurei helped a member with a problem.Kurei won a Signature of the Week contest!

i wil try my best to make a cool one
1:30 AM Dec 5 2009 2009
FATE7
The Very Best

Time to put my training to the test, HAHAHA
1:36 AM Dec 5 2009 2009
jbigz
Party Animal
jbigz is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

I'm working on a mspaint based pixel art one. With reference, of course, I'm not god xP
____
Click Rainbow Missingno
__for my deviantART__
10:21 AM Dec 6 2009 2009
Jumba
Texture Artist
Jumba helped a member with a problem.

k ive entered, probly wont win but it was really fun making it ^_^

6:55 PM Dec 9 2009 2009
Saffy
Saffy is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Saffy did something funny.

Question
Where is a place to upload so the size doesn't get downgraded? I seemed to put it on tinypic but it looked like the size got smaller =[
Also are banners allowed to be animated? Or are you kinda staying away from that kind of stuff?
Thank you ^_^"
6:57 PM Dec 9 2009 2009
Broken
The Best Team Money Can Buy
Broken rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.

Quote (originally posted by Saffy):
Where is a place to upload so the size doesn't get downgraded? I seemed to put it on tinypic but it looked like the size got smaller =[
Also are banners allowed to be animated? Or are you kinda staying away from that kind of stuff?
Thank you ^_^"

Animated signatures aren't allowed in SOTW so probably not
They might make an exception if you use animated snow, though
7:50 AM Dec 10 2009 2009
Saki-
Spread the Love
Saki- rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.

Quote (originally posted by Saffy):
Thank you ^_^"

imo Imageshack is the way to go.

Just don't use photobucket....;-; it's like saving your artwork in jpeg format, it's just devastating
9:27 AM Dec 10 2009 2009
Revenant
Certified BAMF
Revenant is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Revenant is a certified BAMF. Check his kill/death.Revenant would like you to make a contract with them.Revenant King of sandwichesRevenant did something funny.Revenant impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Revenant keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Revenant won a Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by Kola):
imo Imageshack is the way to go.

Just don't use photobucket....;-; it's like saving your artwork in jpeg format, it's just devastating
The ONLY problem I've ever encountered or heard of was that PB will resize really big images. Otherwise I've never heard of any change in quality.
11:18 AM Dec 10 2009 2009
Grapes
Almost Famous
Grapes won a Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by Revenant):
The ONLY problem I've ever encountered or heard of was that PB will resize really big images. Otherwise I've never heard of any change in quality.

I use PB, sometimes it tend to re-size random large things. But, if doesn't take away quality. O.o
5:54 PM Dec 10 2009 2009
Saffy
Saffy is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Saffy did something funny.

I submitted icon_smile! Hopefully you received it Zolga!
5:24 PM Dec 13 2009 2009
Kirby2010

I sent mines =D

By the way, I tested the difference between a Photobucket image and the original
and both images are the same. So, Photobucket does not reduce quality. icon_smile

12:43 AM Dec 16 2009 2009
Dr. Watermelon Kirby
MS Pictomancer
Dr. Watermelon Kirby is the site's one and only MS Paint Qwest artist!Dr. Watermelon Kirby keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Dr. Watermelon Kirby did something funny.Dr. Watermelon Kirby impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Dr. Watermelon Kirby helped a member with a problem.Dr. Watermelon Kirby won a Signature of the Week contest!

No one wants to post their banners in the thread for critique?
5:38 PM Dec 16 2009 2009
Faye Valentine
Bang......
Faye Valentine rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Faye Valentine is a fan of Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop.Faye Valentine is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Faye Valentine did something funny.Faye Valentine impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Faye Valentine helped a member with a problem.

Man I really wish I had more time to work on mine :/

I guess I'll submit it either way... :L
^-^;
Last edited by Faye Valentine, 11:43 PM on Dec 16, 2009
Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss