Experimental Werewolf: Ballad of the Good Doctor - Abandoned!

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 · 11 37
4:16 PM May 15 2010 2010
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie
Riddle McGriddle has provided valuable testing services for the website.Riddle McGriddle wrote an exemplary guide.Riddle McGriddle did something funny.Riddle McGriddle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Riddle McGriddle helped a member with a problem.Riddle McGriddle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Riddle McGriddle won a Signature of the Week contest!

Experimental Werewolf: Ballad of the Good Doctor
Welcome to Dubioville: Population 20 19 17 14.

The good doctor (he was wearing a lab coat) paused at the entrance of the small hamlet nestled in the countryside. He had heard off the wire that the small village was experiencing problems with a mafia syndicate and the sign positioned at its entrance indicated that. For a sign meant to welcome, it certainly faired better at driving away. All travelers that used to pass through the village on business purposes had ceased to arrive, leaving the small town faltering in its economy. The situation at hand seemed bleak, especially since the villagers could not decipher the location or identity of the mafia.

Dubioville needed the good doctor.

Despite the coat and the name, the man was not really a doctor. He had given up the profession long ago and had since employed his mind to seeking out and destroying mafias, werewolf plagues, and other ne'er-do-wells and villains that troubled villages, cities, and towns across the globe. He had become a doctor of threats rather than a doctor of health, a doctor of places rather than people, hence why he hadn't abandoned the title or the appearance of one. Dubioville was just another exercise of his mental ability to heal the town of its current problems.

The good doctor sought the village inn immediately. He needed a place to sleep and a base of operations to work from and the inn would provide a perfect place for him to work. He quickly found it positioned at the entrance to the town opposite of the entrance he arrived from (the exit, from the good doctor's point of view). He entered inside and surveyed the almost-desolate bar. In one corner was one young man quietly sipping on some booze. The good doctor disregarded him and instead approached the bar.

"Excuse me, are you the innkeeper here?" he asked.

"Huhwut...oh, a trav'ler. Haven't had 'ne o' ya around 'ere. Whassup?"

"I would like a room for the next few days. Hurry! My poor feet are tired...," the doctor responded.

"Patience, laddy. Se'lle down 'n lemme grab th' innkeeper," the barkeeper responded. He disappeared out a door behind him. The good doctor settled down at a chair on the bar. He kept glancing over his shoulder every few minutes at the young man in the corner. Thankfully, he had fallen asleep in his beer and was quietly snoring, but that didn't prevent the good doctor from being on guard. A few minutes later, the barkeeper had returned with the innkeeper in tow. 

"A'ight, this guy needs a room. 'Ook 'im up, man," the barkeeper said.

"Sure. Whaddya need, bub?" the innkeeper suggested.

"I need a room for the next few days. I can pay," the good doctor responded.

"Usu'lly, I'd give it t' ya, but dem mafia, they been givin' us grief recently. It's been 'bit dangerous. You sure you wanna?" the innkeeper asked, genuinely caring for the good doctor's well-being.

"Yes, for I want to help with the problem...! My name is Sprite and I'm here to rid you of your mafia problem, but I need a room to work from," the good doctor said. "Please give me one!"

"Well, if yeh say so..." the innkeeper said. "Th' name's Bacon. Chris P. Bacon. Yeh can call m' Chris. This here's Frankie, the barkeeper." He then leaned over and whispered, "Lock yer room, he gets a li'l giddy lookin' at the men-folk."

"Rude," Sprite responded. "How much for the room?"

"Oh. 'ive gold pieces a night, but yer free if yeh can get rid o' the mafia," Chris said. "Frankie'll show yeh up to yer room."

"Thanks!" Sprite responded and followed Frankie up the steps.

---

The man in the corner cracked his eyes open. He gave a mad grin and dashed out the door. The good doctor was here? Of all places? Beautiful. Time to wreck him.

---

Welcome to Experimental Werewolf I! The first of its kind, it uses an experimental method of hosting in order to try to determine a way to fix the overall brokenness that role claim presents. How? Well...you'll see. But for the moment, enjoy what you can.

Players:

Still alive:
1. Ryker / ???? / ????
2. Eklipse / ???? / ????
3. Lactose / ???? / ????
4. Magnatoon / ???? / ????
5. Galakazoo / ???? / ????
6. TehBrawlGuy / ???? / ????
7. Demon Kirby / ???? / ????
8. Shinarouji / ???? / ????
9. Nabeshin / ???? / ????
10. Drugs! / ???? / ????
11. Soldier 2 / ???? / ????
12. Desmond / ???? / ????
13. Doromac / ???? / ????
14. GBrute / ???? / ????
15. Peekajoo / ???? / ????

Sleepin' with da fishes:
Galakazoo [Jester] Lynched D1
Shinarouji [Townie] Killed N1 

Subs:
1. Leafy
2. Midnite
3. Eki
4. Tizoc
5. Flutist

[12:53:28 PM] Volke Aeno: Eklipse likes Magical boys better.
Last edited by Sprite McFlight, 9:36 AM on Jun 21, 2010
4:27 PM May 15 2010 2010
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie
Riddle McGriddle has provided valuable testing services for the website.Riddle McGriddle wrote an exemplary guide.Riddle McGriddle did something funny.Riddle McGriddle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Riddle McGriddle helped a member with a problem.Riddle McGriddle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Riddle McGriddle won a Signature of the Week contest!

Da Rulez 

1. Etiquette
    [01] Play to win according to your win condition. 

[02] You may not quote or screen-shot any PMs sent to you by myself, including your Role PM. 

[02] You may not discuss the game outside this thread unless your role explicitly permits you to. THIS INCLUDES SKYPE. OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD, YOU ARE TO ACT AS IF THIS GAME DOES NOT EXIST. If someone approaches you to discuss the game and I have not told you that they may do so, please report it to me. 

[04] Leave any grudges at the door. Any unnecessary flaming, abuse, or bad language will be punishable as I see fit. Arguments and emotions are of course expected in any Werewolf game, but stay away from personal attacks; they will not be tolerated. 

[05] Once you are dead you may not post, barring one post containing no game-related content [e.g. "Bah!"]. 

[06] Discussion of ongoing games is explicitly prohibited. 

[07] Don't edit pr delete previously submitted posts, or other player's posts. 

[08] Hidden/small text, or usage of languages other than English are not permitted.

2. Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines
    [01] Votes and retracts must be bolded and in red in order to be counted. [e.g. Sprite]. 

[02] If you want to remove your vote without placing a new one, you may Retract or Unvote

[03] If you want the Day Phase to proceed into Night without a lynch, you may vote No Lynch. 50% of these votes are required to end of the day No Lynch      

[04] Abbreviations and nicknames for players are fine, but if I don't understand who you're voting for, I won't count the vote. 

[05] The first Day Phase will be given a default deadline of 7 real-life days at the start of day. All other Day Phases will have a deadline of 5 real-life days. There deadlines will never be changed, with one exception, being... 

[06] During any given Day Phase, you may request deadline extension. If a majority of these requests are reached, the deadline will be extended by three real-life days. 

[07] When a majority of votes [more than 50% of total votes] for a player is reached, the game moves into the Twilight Phase, and the player is considered dead and no further votes and retracts will count. Same applies to No Lynch. 

[08] The Twilight Phase is the time between a player is lynched and the game moves into Night Phase. These will always last 24 hours. During Twilight, all players, including the lynched player [if there is one], are free to discuss anything openly. No cast votes will be counted, however. 

[09] Each Night Phase will have an automatic deadline of 48 hours. The thread will be closed during this time. 

[10] If no majority is reached by the Deadline, the person with the majority of votes cast is lynched. If no such person exists, a No Lynch is initiated.

3. Activity and Prodding
    [01] Each player is expected to post at least once every 48 hours. 

[02] If you feel that you may not be able to post in-thread for a period of 48 hours or longer, please say so in-thread and send me a PM as warning. If I find it necessary, I will have you replaced, but I would much rather keep all players who start any of my games. 

[03] If you want a player prodded, please request so in thread by posting Prod: Player. If that player hasn't posted within the last 48 hours, then he will be prodded. I will NOT prod any players if and when I feel it is appropriate. The only way to have a player prodded is to post this. 

[04] If you are prodded, you have 24 hours to either post in thread, or reply to my prod. If you fail to pick up your prod, or if your activity overall is unacceptable, or if I have to prod you more than twice, I will replace you [and failing that, modkill you].

4. Other
    [01] You may request prods, replacements, clarifications, and vote counts from me directly in the thread, but please precede such with bold, orange text. 

[02] Do not question my decisions in-thread: if you have a problem with something I do, take it to Private Messages. You may, of course, post problems you see with my vote counts, ect. 

[03] If you are mod-killed for breaking the rules of the game, your role is changed to Neutral Survivor [i.e.: you lose]. 

[04] I am not a lawyer, so if you think the rules have holes, please let me know. If you exploit such a hole, expect to be removed. 

[05] This is a GAME! Enjoy it.

4:45 PM May 15 2010 2010
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

This is a semi-open set-up, but simultaneously I'm not going to post role PMs. I will post need-to-know information:

Town:
1. If you haven't inferred it either through role PMs or past performances in that one unnamed game of Werewolf that Betagold and I co-hosted, the town has one key role: a role-passing inventor. This inventor possesses a slew of day and night items that give actions for those respective phase. For the moment, these items die with the player that possesses them, but if I feel that the balance gets thrown off, I'll change it. All items die with the inventor, regardless.

2. The inventor possesses 3-6 night actions and 1-4 day actions. These night actions vary amongst a doctor, a hider, a seer, a tracker, a watcher, a bus driver, a vigilante, a nurse, a recruiting mason, and a jailer. The day actions vary amongst a plant, a saint, a vote-changer, and a bomb.

3. If a townie does not possess an item, he or she is a plain vanilla townie. Any given an item reverts back to a townie after a phase. However, they may elect to keep the item for a phase, but run the risk of dying and losing the item for all to use.

Scum:

1. There are 3-4 scum.

2. These scum have ranks: mafioso and support. The mafioso are merely just a pair of scum goons in which one may or may not be an alpha. If there is an alpha, he is either detect-immune or armored. There is either one or two supports. The roles they may have are thief, framer, doctor, or bomb.

3. Scum supports need not be killed in order for town to win, just the mafioso. However, the scum supports do add towards the scum's majority in the town.

Third Party:

1. There are up to two third party players.

2. Of these third parties, they could be Plant Assassin, Mentor, Jester, Cultist, Assassin, or plain SKiller.

4:51 PM May 15 2010 2010
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

Day Phase 1 a-go-go baby!

Storyboards on:

D1: Post #1 (First post, you lazy bastard)
N1: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=1493955#p1493955]Post #401[/url]

Last edited by Riddle McGriddle, 7:46 PM on May 17, 2010
4:51 PM May 15 2010 2010
Shinarouji
Let's Make a Contract
Shinarouji would like you to make a contract with them.Shinarouji rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Shinarouji wrote an exemplary guide.Shinarouji did something funny.Shinarouji impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Shinarouji helped a member with a problem.Shinarouji has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Let's do this.

Lactose
4:58 PM May 15 2010 2010
Ryker
Duke Nukem
Ryker has balls of steel.Ryker rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Ryker is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Ryker did something funny.Ryker impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Ryker helped a member with a problem.Ryker wrote an exemplary guide.Ryker keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Go check the sign-up thread. Perfectly okay with a Lactose wagon.

EBWOP: Lactose lynch.
5:07 PM May 15 2010 2010
Fructose
Large Artist
Fructose is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"Fructose is a shameless badge whore. Mods beware.
"Badge Whore"

Bandwagoning!
5:08 PM May 15 2010 2010
Shinarouji
Let's Make a Contract
Shinarouji would like you to make a contract with them.Shinarouji rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Shinarouji wrote an exemplary guide.Shinarouji did something funny.Shinarouji impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Shinarouji helped a member with a problem.Shinarouji has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Two votes aren't bandwagonning, and you claimed to be a wolf (and then Alpha when you were questioned) in the sign up thread.

What could you possibly gain from doing something like that?
5:09 PM May 15 2010 2010
Fructose
Large Artist
"Badge Whore"

What could I possible lose. Besides having stupid people quick lynch. I'm not even gonna argue it because there's no logic behind a lactose lynch.
5:13 PM May 15 2010 2010
Ryker
Duke Nukem
Ryker has balls of steel.Ryker rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Ryker is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Ryker did something funny.Ryker impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Ryker helped a member with a problem.Ryker wrote an exemplary guide.Ryker keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Quote (originally posted by Lactose):
What could I possible lose.

I'd think that's fairly obvious at this point.
5:14 PM May 15 2010 2010
Fructose
Large Artist
"Badge Whore"

Besides having stupid people quick lynch..

I think you're being stupid
5:16 PM May 15 2010 2010
Ryker
Duke Nukem

Why? Why are you not the number one suspect at this point?

And I never said quick-lynch. I said lynch him. We can draw it out.
5:20 PM May 15 2010 2010
Fructose
Large Artist
"Badge Whore"

Because I claimed before the game even started. I don't see why that would bring anything attention to me.
5:23 PM May 15 2010 2010
Doromac
Welcome to Earth
Doromac is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Doromac would like you to make a contract with them.Doromac keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Doromac did something funny.Doromac impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Doromac helped a member with a problem.Doromac won a Signature of the Week contest!

Lactose or TBG. They must die.
5:23 PM May 15 2010 2010
Ryker
Duke Nukem

Because I claimed before the game even started. I don't see why that would bring anything attention to me.

Here's why:
Because I claimed before the game even started.
5:24 PM May 15 2010 2010
Shinarouji
Let's Make a Contract

5:28 PM May 15 2010 2010
Fructose
Large Artist
"Badge Whore"

Why must I always be targeted for jokeing
5:32 PM May 15 2010 2010
Ryker
Duke Nukem

If that's all you think it is, then stop and it might clear up.
Doromac
Welcome to Earth
Doromac is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Doromac would like you to make a contract with them.Doromac keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Doromac did something funny.Doromac impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Doromac helped a member with a problem.Doromac won a Signature of the Week contest!

Lactose
Fructose
Large Artist
"Badge Whore"

Well I haven't joked once this game (Not like you gave me a choice).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 · 11 37

Quick Jump
rss