Pumpkin Carving Contest! - It's That Time Of The Year Again

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4
7:48 PM Oct 8 2010 2010
vVv Sumer
Everybody Likes Me
vVv Sumer rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.vVv Sumer is known to be liked by all.vVv Sumer rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.vVv Sumer positively represents All is Brawl and actively brings new users to the site.vVv Sumer has written an exemplary guide on the All is Brawl forum.vVv Sumer did something funny.vVv Sumer impressed a staff member by doing something smart.vVv Sumer helped an All is Brawl member with a problem.vVv Sumer keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.vVv Sumer is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.vVv Sumer defeated the AiB Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!vVv Sumer overcame every obstacle and bested the AiB Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!vVv Sumer won a Texture of the Week Contest!

Pumpkin Carving Contest!
Welcome one and all to the return of the great AiB Pumpkin Carving Contest! We haven’t had one of these since the launch year of AiB, but with more and more members joining every year, we want everyone’s Halloween on AiB to be the best on yet this year.

That being said, I’ll be doing my part in trying to accomplish this by hosting this contest, and hope everyone has a great time in participating. The rules are pretty simple:

1. Carve a pumpkin! It MUST be either Smash or AiB related.

2. Take a picture of your pumpkin with you in the picture. This is to prove it’s your work and avoid cheating.

3. PM your submission to me in my inbox with a title saying something like “Pumpkin Carving Contest Submission”. DO NOT post your submission in this thread or in a shout out to me.

4. Submit your entry BEFORE November 1st 12:01 AM PST or your entry will be void from entrance into the contest.

Pretty simple, huh? But that’s not all! Anyone who participates in this contest will automatically earn themselves the pumpkin contest participant badge. Anyone skilled enough to be one of the top 3 finalists will earn the pumpkin contest finalist badge, and the skillful carver who is chosen as this year’s winner will earn the prestigious pumpkin contest winner badge!!

This is a once in a year contest that allows AiB users to show off their skills, earn some badges, and have fun doing something they might not be used to doing. I’ll close by showing some of the contestants from last year, and hope every does their best in this year’s carving contest!

Looking forward to some great entries this year as well! ^^
Last edited by vVv Sumer, 6:18 PM on Oct 09, 2010
9:36 PM Oct 8 2010 2010
luckylime
Featured Large Artist
luckylime did something funny.luckylime impressed a staff member by doing something smart.luckylime has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy. luckylime won an All is Brawl Large Art of the Month contest!luckylime won an All is Brawl Signature of the Week contest!

When's the deadline? I might try this >,>
2:41 AM Oct 9 2010 2010
windwakerdeity
Ballot Stuffer

I wish i didnt suck at pumpkin carving
2:07 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
Shiidaji
Just... Don't

If I can, I will. Most definetly.
3:44 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
BFAA Kwiz
The Best Team Money Can Buy
BFAA Kwiz rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.BFAA Kwiz impressed a staff member by doing something smart.BFAA Kwiz helped an All is Brawl member with a problem.

I might try this.
4:37 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
vVv Sumer
Everybody Likes Me
vVv Sumer rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.vVv Sumer is known to be liked by all.vVv Sumer rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.vVv Sumer positively represents All is Brawl and actively brings new users to the site.vVv Sumer has written an exemplary guide on the All is Brawl forum.vVv Sumer did something funny.vVv Sumer impressed a staff member by doing something smart.vVv Sumer helped an All is Brawl member with a problem.vVv Sumer keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.vVv Sumer is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.vVv Sumer defeated the AiB Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!vVv Sumer overcame every obstacle and bested the AiB Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!vVv Sumer won a Texture of the Week Contest!

Quote (originally posted by luckylime):
When's the deadline? I might try this >,>

4. Submit your entry BEFORE 12:01 AM PST or your entry will be void from entrance into the contest.
5:14 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
Mao-Kai
Friendly
Mao-Kai helped an All is Brawl member with a problem.

I'll work on a Blood Falcon one.
5:36 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
luckylime
Featured Large Artist
luckylime did something funny.luckylime impressed a staff member by doing something smart.luckylime has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy. luckylime won an All is Brawl Large Art of the Month contest!luckylime won an All is Brawl Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by Sumer):
4. Submit your entry BEFORE 12:01 AM PST or your entry will be void from entrance into the contest.

Yes, I read this, I'm not retarded. But 12:01 AM PST happens every day... I need to know which day...
Visit my art thread!
5:43 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
Mao-Kai
Friendly
Mao-Kai helped an All is Brawl member with a problem.

I would ASSUME either the 24th or 30th (24th because thats when one of the other competitions ends i was reading about and 30th because... well guess xD)
6:19 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
vVv Sumer
Everybody Likes Me

My bad. XD I thought I had the day included. The deadline is The end of Halloween, so when it becomes November 1st no more entries. Hope this clears up any confusion. ^^;
6:26 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
Black Mother
Black Mother rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Black Mother positively represents All is Brawl and actively brings new users to the site.Black Mother has written an exemplary guide on the All is Brawl forum.Black Mother did something funny.Black Mother impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Black Mother helped an All is Brawl member with a problem.Black Mother keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Black Mother defeated the AiB Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Black Mother overcame every obstacle and bested the AiB Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!Black Mother won a Texture of the Week Contest! Black Mother won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

If I plan on entering I'm not including myself in the picture. I am including a paper with my name on it though.
7:09 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
vVv Sumer
Everybody Likes Me

Papers can be photoshopped, people can't (as easily). If you don't wish to include a picture of yourself in the contest take 2 separate pics. One with you in it that only I will see to prove it's you, and another with a paper that has your name that I'll put with the other for voting.
7:13 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
BANRYU
Architect
BANRYU won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

....heh. I intend to take TOP spot this time around! >D

Awesome leftsig by Firebomb of AiB, awesome rightsig by Jetcell of one of many Gaming Guilds.
Last edited by BANRYU, 6:55 PM on Oct 13, 2010
7:15 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
luckylime
Featured Large Artist

Sweet, that's plenty of time. Now I just need a pumpkin... P:
7:15 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
Black Mother
Black Mother rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Black Mother positively represents All is Brawl and actively brings new users to the site.Black Mother has written an exemplary guide on the All is Brawl forum.Black Mother did something funny.Black Mother impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Black Mother helped an All is Brawl member with a problem.Black Mother keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Black Mother defeated the AiB Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Black Mother overcame every obstacle and bested the AiB Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!Black Mother won a Texture of the Week Contest! Black Mother won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

I'm still including a picture with my name on it, clearly, saying "Arban Halloween Submission". That's not easy to Photoshop. I choose not to reveal myself. Heck, I'll even carve my name ON the pumpkin if I have to. All I know is that I'm not including myself if I enter.
7:24 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
luckylime
Featured Large Artist

There are other ways of verifying his identity, like making him include very specific things in his picture that no one could have thought of ahead of time, you know?
10:24 PM Oct 9 2010 2010
vVv Sumer
Everybody Likes Me

Include a mudkip somewhere in your pic and I'll believe you/give you some bonus points maybe. :3
@ anyone
4:17 PM Oct 11 2010 2010
Admiral Alpha
I Know Where You Live

I sign up,i so am going to do this!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_smile
Round one, O i guess time to open all the doors and waste my money. icon_smile
5:47 PM Oct 11 2010 2010
Admiral Alpha
I Know Where You Live

How many r we allow to enter??????
7:00 PM Oct 11 2010 2010
Shiidaji
Just... Don't

I will carve in a tiny mudkip on a tiny pumpkin on the side then.
Page: 1 2 3 4

Quick Jump
rss