TCG FAQ and Help Desk

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 · 3 4 5 6 7
8:26 PM Oct 28 2011 2011
kirb92
Sage
kirb92 rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.

is theonly way to get pokemon is by using pokeballs, and can u get pokeballs in the item booster?

9:11 PM Oct 28 2011 2011
Negi

Yeah ive gotten several from item boosters.
10:56 PM Oct 28 2011 2011
Foodies
Marth is Magic~
Foodies is an administrator for the site.Foodies has provided valuable testing services for the website.Foodies slays dragons and cuts fruit.Foodies will eat you.Foodies is a not-so-rabid Marth fangirl.Foodies is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Foodies made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Foodies did something funny.Foodies impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Foodies helped a member with a problem.Foodies has referred new users to the site.Foodies wrote an exemplary guide.Foodies wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!Foodies helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Foodies keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Foodies defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Foodies overcame every obstacle and bested the site's Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!Foodies won a Large Art of the Month contest!Foodies gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.Foodies won a Signature of the Week contest!Foodies won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!Foodies contributed to the Stadium community.

Quote (originally posted by samus97):
if anyone has samus double i will trade

how do u get promo cards

Depends on the promo. Most were given out on one day/Holidays, but some are forgeable (Tournament ones).

Quote (originally posted by Negi):
Anyone else having trouble getting into the items cards?

Everything has been slow/not loading for me lately. Probably a server issue.

Quote (originally posted by kirb92):
is theonly way to get pokemon is by using pokeballs, and can u get pokeballs in the item booster?

You can get Pokemon from Premier Balls as well, though those only give common to rare ones. And yes, as Negi said.
2:20 PM Nov 2 2011 2011
The General Manager

Only received 9 cards...
I finally opted in to the trading card system yesterday (forgot to do it a week after registering).  I don't recall if the card I received were displayed or anything but when I go to view my cards (sorted in categories), only a total of 9 are listed (4 Characters, 2 Items, 2 Modes, 1 Stages).

Also I have a question (don't believe I saw it answered anywhere).  Is there a way to track all cards you ever had?  If there is not then I guess I won't be trading or forging unless I have dups.
7:31 PM Nov 2 2011 2011
Foodies
Marth is Magic~
Foodies is an administrator for the site.Foodies has provided valuable testing services for the website.Foodies slays dragons and cuts fruit.Foodies will eat you.Foodies is a not-so-rabid Marth fangirl.Foodies is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Foodies made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Foodies did something funny.Foodies impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Foodies helped a member with a problem.Foodies has referred new users to the site.Foodies wrote an exemplary guide.Foodies wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!Foodies helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Foodies keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Foodies defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Foodies overcame every obstacle and bested the site's Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!Foodies won a Large Art of the Month contest!Foodies gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.Foodies won a Signature of the Week contest!Foodies won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!Foodies contributed to the Stadium community.

The categories only record your unique cards. You probably just got 2 of the same one. And no, there is no automatic feature that keeps track of all the cards you ever had, at least not for normal users. You could just record it manually if you wanted to know, since dupe only trading is restrictive a lot of the time.
12:37 AM Nov 4 2011 2011
The General Manager

Quote (originally posted by Foodies):
The categories only record your unique cards. You probably just got 2 of the same one. And no, there is no automatic feature that keeps track of all the cards you ever had, at least not for normal users. You could just record it manually if you wanted to know, since dupe only trading is restrictive a lot of the time.

Yeah apparently I got two "Food" cards in my first free booster pack.  Since I'm a bit ocd I won't be doing any trading for a while.  I'm guessing non "normal users" such as admins would have the ability in theory to view their collection history especially if they are designing and coding this feature.

Is it correct to assume that all redeemed booster packs may contain at least two of the same card?  I don't recall ever getting duplicates in a "legit" pack of trading cards from Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! to even old school baseball cards (when I didn't just buy the entire set for that year).

I also have question(s) regarding the recycle feature.  Are "recycled" cards removed from the trading system or perhaps "stored" in some "pool" perhaps used in distributing the cards given out daily. Also I'm curious as to how the cards are generated.  Basically the "randomness" or rather if you're at liberty to divulge (probably not), what probability distribution is used as the basis of the trading system (likely normal)?
Last edited by The General Manager, 1:04 AM on Nov 04, 2011
12:54 PM Nov 4 2011 2011
Foodies
Marth is Magic~

Yes, it is possible that booster packs can give you multiple of the same card.

The record of what you recycle may be stored, but it's probably safe to say that the cards are not redistributed (there really is no point in having that feature). Cards are given out based on "triggers", or doing some specific action on the site. The most obvious one is logging on to the site, which currently gives 4 cards (one from each series) based on their rarities (Common to Rare only). Different triggers have different distributions/numbers of cards they give out. For example, on your birthday you'll get  like 20 cards 9 cards, with an Ultra Rare or Legendary card included.

If you haven't already, go vote on the polls in the TCG forum to get some extra cards.
Last edited by Foodies, 10:37 AM on May 18, 2012
7:14 AM Nov 8 2011 2011
Forest Haven
Sand Crab

You really deserve that "assistant" badge, don't you, Foodie4s ^_^

Anyway, yesterday, I suddenly got banned from the TCG Floor. It was only for like 10 seconds, but the here is the strange part: There was no mod who banned me. It certainly is nothing serious, considering it was no real ban and it lasted for a short amount of time, but still, I am quite curious about the reason behind all this.
2:39 AM Nov 9 2011 2011
Negi

day 2 without daily cards...

Anyone else with this problem?
11:24 AM Nov 9 2011 2011
Foodies
Marth is Magic~

Quote (originally posted by Forest Haven):
You really deserve that "assistant" badge, don't you, Foodie4s ^_^

Anyway, yesterday, I suddenly got banned from the TCG Floor. It was only for like 10 seconds, but the here is the strange part: There was no mod who banned me. It certainly is nothing serious, considering it was no real ban and it lasted for a short amount of time, but still, I am quite curious about the reason behind all this.

Maybe icon_razz
As for your issue, probably just a glitch? That probably wasn't very helpful, but if it doesn't keep happening I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote (originally posted by Negi):
day 2 without daily cards...

Anyone else with this problem?

Hm, I got mine today. There have been days where I haven't gotten any (without the site crashing) if I logged on too late though. From what I know, after a certain time the site checks what triggers you got for the day and those cards are distributed the next day. If you log in after that certain time it is as if you were not on for that day, and wouldn't get daily cards. I'm not completely sure about this. I would guess your issue is more likely to be site crashing related though.
6:18 PM Dec 4 2011 2011
Admiral Akainu

I'm new to this trading card system and I just joined a group.

I saw the poll and a voted "Smash Ball" but I wasnt given a smashball card!
6:26 PM Dec 5 2011 2011
Foodies
Marth is Magic~

It's not supposed to give you a Smashball. Usually the polls give common to rare cards, or maybe coin cards. Occasionally there are ones that give promos or URs though. This poll in particular just helped determine what Halloween drops there would be.
12:41 AM May 18 2012 2012
Ruinn
Dead Weight

what is currently the rarest card in the game and who is it owned by?
1:22 AM May 18 2012 2012
Foodies
Marth is Magic~

That's an interesting question. Going by rarity and weights, it would have to be Manaphy, but I would consider any of the Legendary Pokemon at this point to be the rarest cards. There are 6 Manaphy cards in existence that I know of. I can think of 7 Jirachi cards in existence too, but I have a feeling there were more than that (probably because it was the first Legendary Pokemon that people got a dupe of). And I know of 8 Celebi cards.

I could tell you who owns all of these, but I don't really see the point since I don't think anyone's trading. xD But I will say that Uprising Angel Admiral Pit, Cpt.OrangeFox, Miz Mango, Aldo18, and I are the only ones with a complete set of Pokemon cards that I know of (for now).
1:16 AM Jul 21 2012 2012
_BrYaNt_
Best on My Block

how do i get these trading cards? im new to this .___. (not the site lol)
3:56 AM Dec 24 2012 2012
Kazama-kun
Baller

i'm kinda having a little problem with the trading cards option. for some reason, the "my trading cards" option in the "me" list isn't there, which means i can't access my trading cards list. also, for some reason, it says in my "edit profile" option that i never activated the trading cards, when i clearly did. could someone please fix that.
7:20 AM Jan 23 2013 2013
Ragor The Hedgehog
Almost Famous

My cards don't load, like sometimes the only ones that will load are my Brawl Character Cards, nothing else, and when I try to recycle or forge cards, it goes really slow, and sometimes they don't forge period, even though I have the right recipe.
4:50 PM Jan 23 2013 2013
Foodies
Marth is Magic~

The site has problems sometimes and cards will load slower/not at all. There's nothing we can do about it until it clears up. If it is a consistent problem maybe try refreshing or get a internet better connection.
2:05 PM Jan 30 2013 2013
Ori
Tons of Damage
Ori is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Ori impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Ori helped a member with a problem.Ori has referred new users to the site.Ori won a Signature of the Week contest!

Series 5 question.

Can you pull Assist Trophies through packs or do you need to forge only?
- and pray that your assist trophy will give you one thats worth something
5:46 PM Apr 4 2013 2013
Foodies
Marth is Magic~

Oops. I didn't even realize you posted. Sorry about that.

Assist trophy cameos can only be obtained through forging.
Page: 1 · 3 4 5 6 7

Quick Jump
rss