Wii disk drive doesn't work

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1
5:44 PM Dec 5 2010 2010
MHizzle
MHizzle rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.MHizzle helped a member with a problem.MHizzle won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

Wii disk drive doesn't work
About 20 minutes ago, I was playing RE4 on my Wii. Normally, when I finish playing anything on my Wii, I eject the disk. However, when I tried to eject RE4 out of my Wii, it just got stuck, so I had to take out my tweezers from my pocket knife to get it out. Now, whenever I try to insert a disk in my Wii, it won't take it in. I've tried unplugging and plugging it back in, and I've tried to shake it around a little bit, but nothing's working. Does this mean that I need a new Wii? Is it even possible to fix this? Please help.
Chemistry is my destiny.
6:40 PM Dec 5 2010 2010
TheRealBobMan
TheRealBobMan is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.TheRealBobMan did something funny.TheRealBobMan impressed a staff member by doing something smart.TheRealBobMan helped a member with a problem.TheRealBobMan wrote an exemplary guide.TheRealBobMan wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

You might have damaged the drive slot when you pulled it out, but if it was already stuck it was probably already messed up somehow.

You can fix it. I think we charge $80 where I work for a drive replacement. If you're not a newb, you can probably get the parts online for a little cheaper and do it yourself.

Or, send it to Nintendo. Call them up and see what they have to say when you tell them that a disk got stuck inside, and then when you kept mashing the eject button to get it out, it finally ejected, but now it wont let you load games in it anymore.
8:56 PM Dec 5 2010 2010
MHizzle
MHizzle rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.MHizzle helped a member with a problem.MHizzle won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

Quote (originally posted by TheRealBobMan):
You might have damaged the drive slot when you pulled it out, but if it was already stuck it was probably already messed up somehow.

The disk just got stuck when I tried to eject it. Even after pushing the eject button several times, it still got stuck. Like I said, I had to get the disk out with tweezers.

You can fix it. I think we charge $80 where I work for a drive replacement. If you're not a newb, you can probably get the parts online for a little cheaper and do it yourself.

I don't think I'd be comfortable in doing that.

Or, send it to Nintendo. Call them up and see what they have to say when you tell them that a disk got stuck inside, and then when you kept mashing the eject button to get it out, it finally ejected, but now it wont let you load games in it anymore.

I'm 100% against this suggestion mainly because I have the Homebrew Channel installed, and I have no plans on getting rid of it.

God damnit! With finals week ending this Friday and the Holiday break coming up, I won't have a Wii. icon_cry

However, maybe I can ask for the new red Wii bundle. icon_smile

But first, I'd have to figure out how to back up all the software in my Wii, especially the Everybody Votes Channel. Backing up my game data will be easy, though. Otherwise, this sucks. icon_sad
Chemistry is my destiny.
1:14 AM Dec 6 2010 2010
KMF
Spread the Love

Except for your Brawl saveicon_razz
1:42 AM Dec 6 2010 2010
MHizzle

Quote (originally posted by KMF):
Except for your Brawl saveicon_razz

Actually, there's a way to circumvent that problem. Of course, it also requires a complementary partner.
Chemistry is my destiny.
9:12 PM Dec 6 2010 2010
Tchort
I Voted

You can always just remove homebrew and put it on it again later. Normally whenever hardware messes up there is no magic fix to get it back to normal sorry to say. So it's either fix it yourself, send it to Nintendo, or get a new one.
12:45 AM Dec 7 2010 2010
MHizzle

I'm probably better off just getting a new one. I guess I'll just have to settle with the limited edition red Wii bundle pack. Poor me...
Chemistry is my destiny.
1:26 AM Dec 7 2010 2010
Problem2
I Gots Jokes
Problem2 is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Problem2 did something funny.Problem2 wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

make sure to transfer all your files to SD card. Idk if there is still a way to remove the flag on the Brawl save file (you know.. the flag that prevents you copying save data). The older Gecko's had them, but the newer Wii Menus prevented it.
1:58 AM Dec 7 2010 2010
MHizzle

I know how to work around that. I just need to figure out how to back up my Everybody Votes Channel data. Thank goodness for Bootmii.
Chemistry is my destiny.
2:12 AM Dec 7 2010 2010
Brim
Chatter Box

Hizzle suggestion: for all the content you feel Nintendo may rid of on your Wii if you sent it in to get fixed, why not just remove the files and save them on an SD drive? I have mine, and it works fine.
Page: 1

Quick Jump
rss