SOTW #64 - Plan 9 - Results

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2
12:17 AM Apr 1 2011 2011
Luckytime
Featured Large Artist
Luckytime did something funny.Luckytime impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Luckytime has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy. Luckytime won a Large Art of the Month contest!Luckytime won a Signature of the Week contest!

I would REALLY love to see how you made it from your perspective, kinda like.. a learning experience. I can't fathom how you can make that in 13 minutes (without serious planning) and pay attention to every pixel at the same time. Did you do it all in one sitting without any breaks in between and give it your all the entire time? You say 13 minutes like it's not a big deal, I'll believe that, but what I don't know is how.
1:30 AM Apr 1 2011 2011
Plan 9
I Got This
Plan 9 has got this.Plan 9 is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Plan 9 did something funny.Plan 9 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Plan 9 helped a member with a problem.Plan 9 has referred new users to the site.Plan 9 wrote an exemplary guide.Plan 9 wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!Plan 9 keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Plan 9 won a Signature of the Week contest!

he probably just drew it

also I was gunna enter then I forgot my bad

this took me about 5 minutes

Last edited by Plan 9, 1:42 AM on Apr 01, 2011
1:52 AM Apr 1 2011 2011
Luckytime
Featured Large Artist
Luckytime did something funny.Luckytime impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Luckytime has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy. Luckytime won a Large Art of the Month contest!Luckytime won a Signature of the Week contest!

he is a she btw.
2:33 AM Apr 1 2011 2011
Plan 9
I Got This
Plan 9 has got this.Plan 9 is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Plan 9 did something funny.Plan 9 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Plan 9 helped a member with a problem.Plan 9 has referred new users to the site.Plan 9 wrote an exemplary guide.Plan 9 wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!Plan 9 keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Plan 9 won a Signature of the Week contest!

is that why you're riding her ****?

also who gives a damn
6:43 AM Apr 1 2011 2011
Luckytime
Featured Large Artist

Oh you don't like competition?
Visit my art thread!
8:49 AM Apr 1 2011 2011
Kawaii Desu Otter
I Gots Jokes
Kawaii Desu Otter did something funny.Kawaii Desu Otter impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Kawaii Desu Otter helped a member with a problem.Kawaii Desu Otter keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Kawaii Desu Otter won a Large Art of the Month contest!Kawaii Desu Otter won a Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by Plan 9):
he probably just drew it.

Uh, yeah. Made pink and blue splotches in the background, did the lineart of the characters, filled them in with the bucket tool, and then added outlines? I also use a tablet, which makes it infinitely easier, and using the tablet allows me to incorporate my skills that I use for traditional work; meaning since I've been drawing on paper since I was three, I'm not half bad when it comes to doing the same on the computer either, as long as I've got some sort of a pencil in my hand [or in this case, a tablet pen]. Plus, anime is my specialty, like 4983732096720947692048736 other artists in the world, so I don't experience much difficulty in drawing them with a reference.
And I try to limit my project time to an hour. If I reach 60 minutes, I take a break. Until then, I work through without them. I hope that answers all your questions. Oh, and I'm somewhat unimaginative, so it doesn't take me more than half a minute to come up with an idea to use for these sorts of things.

also, dancing monkeys.
4:03 PM Apr 1 2011 2011
Luckytime
Featured Large Artist

Thanks for the response. Just one more thing, what kind of tablet do you have? I tried a wacom bamboo pen tablet but the drawing area was really small and if I left the box my cursor would stop moving. And it acted like a mouse in that you would need to keep dragging the cursor if you wanted to move across the screen. I think there are tablets that allow 1 to 1 movement with the computer screen but I don't know what that's called.
4:24 PM Apr 1 2011 2011
Fandangox
Defender
Fandangox rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Fandangox did something funny.Fandangox impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Fandangox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Fandangox has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

The best tablet?

A laptop's built-in mouse.

Bess.

Quote (originally posted by Detective Dizzy):
You Americans get so much done when PSN is down.

Quote (originally posted by Volke Aeno):
Fand, if you're gonna be a demon with no experience you have to start somewhere.
They don't pay you 7 figure wages of power at the entry level jobs.

Anyway, [Unreadable Name of Frog] eats Unknown Hedgehog. The end.
I wish.

You made 4 random chance typos at once.

5:13 PM Apr 1 2011 2011
platinatina
Friendly
platinatina impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Quote (originally posted by luckylime):
Thanks for the response. Just one more thing, what kind of tablet do you have? I tried a wacom bamboo pen tablet but the drawing area was really small and if I left the box my cursor would stop moving. And it acted like a mouse in that you would need to keep dragging the cursor if you wanted to move across the screen. I think there are tablets that allow 1 to 1 movement with the computer screen but I don't know what that's called.

You must have not downloaded the driver right, then. Tablets *do* act like that but if the driver wasn't installed, it'll act like a mouse.

I use a Bamboo pen tablet, myself. <3 it.

Signature by Sterling :3
5:14 PM Apr 1 2011 2011
Kawaii Desu Otter
I Gots Jokes
Kawaii Desu Otter did something funny.Kawaii Desu Otter impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Kawaii Desu Otter helped a member with a problem.Kawaii Desu Otter keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Kawaii Desu Otter won a Large Art of the Month contest!Kawaii Desu Otter won a Signature of the Week contest!

I've got a Genius Mousepen 8x6. Cheap, but works nicely.
6:48 PM Apr 1 2011 2011
Dr. Watermelon Kirby
MS Pictomancer
Dr. Watermelon Kirby is the site's one and only MS Paint Qwest artist!Dr. Watermelon Kirby keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Dr. Watermelon Kirby did something funny.Dr. Watermelon Kirby impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Dr. Watermelon Kirby helped a member with a problem.Dr. Watermelon Kirby won a Signature of the Week contest!

wtf! Mine took me at least 30 minutes! And that was my second attempt too!
First one didn't look (h) enough.
7:48 PM Apr 1 2011 2011
Doromac
Welcome to Earth
Doromac is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Doromac would like you to make a contract with them.Doromac keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Doromac did something funny.Doromac impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Doromac helped a member with a problem.Doromac won a Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by Plan 9):
he probably just drew it

also I was gunna enter then I forgot my bad

this took me about 5 minutes

Godly
11:00 AM Apr 2 2011 2011
Kawaii Desu Otter
I Gots Jokes

someone host #65.
11:57 AM Apr 2 2011 2011
Bonnibel
The Sandwich King
Bonnibel is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Bonnibel is a certified BAMF. Check his kill/death.Bonnibel King of sandwichesBonnibel keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Bonnibel did something funny.Bonnibel impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Bonnibel helped a member with a problem.Bonnibel won a Signature of the Week contest!

I don't have any ideas.
Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss