Super Smash Bros 4 Announced

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4
1:01 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Game Master Minamimoto
The Very Best
Game Master Minamimoto wrote an exemplary guide.Game Master Minamimoto did something funny.Game Master Minamimoto impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Game Master Minamimoto helped a member with a problem.Game Master Minamimoto won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

Super Smash Bros 4 Announced
It's being simultaneously developed for both the new WiiU and the Nintendo 3DS

Just wanted to say that.
Now I have to clean the mess I made in my underwear, and my pants.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have been wearing pants. Not just cause of SSB4, but because of the entire conference. And it's not even over at the time of this post.

Source: E3 Live Stream

Some kind of black magic?
Last edited by Game Master Minamimoto, 1:11 PM on Jun 07, 2011
1:08 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Senliten
Quicksilver
Senliten rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Senliten did something funny.Senliten impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Senliten helped a member with a problem.

Money on it being called  SmashU
1:17 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Eternal Mangekyo Zebra
Sage
Eternal Mangekyo Zebra impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

There was no trailer so i'm prepared for about a 2 year wait or so.
1:17 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Roy a.k.a Tony

Lol read the topic before this, i called it, only i called it wii 2 xD. Nintendo won the conference, Smash Bros for 3Ds AND WiiU. Epic man just epic.
My name is Alberto Del RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But you already know that!
1:37 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Melee54
Friendly

I'm worried about how it'll play on the new controller. Even the 3DS. I can't imagine being good at smash using a DS or that giant flat control. And I hope Sakurai doesn't aim it towards families :/
1:47 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Pyro Squirrel Lord
Chuck Norris Got Nothin'
Pyro Squirrel Lord gladly meets new members. Heart!Pyro Squirrel Lord did something funny.Pyro Squirrel Lord helped a member with a problem.

Money on SSB4 being called Super Smash Bros. Free 4 All!
Also, he said it was coming to them, not that it was going to be a new game. On the 3DS, it could just be Smash 64.
2:34 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Grey
Honorably Discharged
Grey has provided valuable testing services for the website.Grey owns a Zune by choice, because iPods are superfluous and iTunes is counter intuitive.Grey rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Grey is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Grey made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Grey did something funny.Grey impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Grey helped a member with a problem.Grey has referred new users to the site.

Quote (originally posted by Roy a.k.a Tony):
Nintendo won the conference

Very subjective. They gave us a controller concept, a rehash of 3DS titles they promised last year, and one Wii game, proving they've compeltely abandoned their current-gen console for the next year and a half. Meanwhile, WiiU has nothing promised besides Smash 4 being released eventually someday.

Other than the specifics of WiiU's controller, there was absolutely nothing new besides Luigi's Mansion 2. That's it. So all in all, the press conference itself was very lackluster. But it sets up for big things next year when they start giving us specifics and evidence of third party support.
2:52 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Roy a.k.a Tony

Quote (originally posted by Grey):
Very subjective. They gave us a controller concept, a rehash of 3DS titles they promised last year, and one Wii game, proving they've compeltely abandoned their current-gen console for the next year and a half. Meanwhile, WiiU has nothing promised besides Smash 4 being released eventually someday.

Other than the specifics of WiiU's controller, there was absolutely nothing new besides Luigi's Mansion 2. That's it. So all in all, the press conference itself was very lackluster. But it sets up for big things next year when they start giving us specifics and evidence of third party support.

Exactly why Nintendo won, they made this specific conference as a long term deal that would be for 2-3 years of WiiU sstuff, who saw Ninka Gaiden Coming? or Assassins Creed? or Battlefield 3? All new for the WiiU? Plus imagine this idea they might make: Tekken vs Smash Bros. IT was a good conference, proably the best.
My name is Alberto Del RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3:01 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Grey
Honorably Discharged
Grey has provided valuable testing services for the website.Grey owns a Zune by choice, because iPods are superfluous and iTunes is counter intuitive.Grey rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Grey is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Grey made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Grey did something funny.Grey impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Grey helped a member with a problem.Grey has referred new users to the site.

Exactly why Nintendo won, they made this specific conference as a long term deal that would be for 2-3 years of WiiU sstuff, who saw Ninka Gaiden Coming? or Assassins Creed? or Battlefield 3? All new for the WiiU? Plus imagine this idea they might make: Tekken vs Smash Bros. IT was a good conference, proably the best.

Battlefield 3 isn't coming to the console; it was listed as an example. And if it did, it would be over a year late to the party.

Every conference is a long-term deal with short term immediately available. Nintendo basically said "We have nothing new to show you this year besides Luigi's Mansion 2. But here's our controller!" We know nothing about 3rd party support besides a few still images and interviews, and we don't even know about FIRST party support past "Hey, Smash is being made, we promise!"

You can't claim Nintendo won because of a single console concept that isn't going to be released anytime soon without sounding like a heavily biased fanboy. We know nothing about the console's specs, or its online interface, or its pricing, or its game lineup, or anything else. This E3 was just an elongated teaser trailer for stuff we aren't going to know enough about until next E3. So, for the next year, Nintendo isn't going to get much of my money at all. The companies releasing things now and later, on the other hand, will.
3:11 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Roy a.k.a Tony

Quote (originally posted by Grey):
Battlefield 3 isn't coming to the console; it was listed as an example. And if it did, it would be over a year late to the party.

Every conference is a long-term deal with short term immediately available. Nintendo basically said "We have nothing new to show you this year besides Luigi's Mansion 2. But here's our controller!" We know nothing about 3rd party support besides a few still images and interviews, and we don't even know about FIRST party support past "Hey, Smash is being made, we promise!"

You can't claim Nintendo won because of a single console concept that isn't going to be released anytime soon without sounding like a heavily biased fanboy. We know nothing about the console's specs, or its online interface, or its pricing, or its game lineup, or anything else. This E3 was just an elongated teaser trailer for stuff we aren't going to know enough about until next E3. So, for the next year, Nintendo isn't going to get much of my money at all. The companies releasing things now and later, on the other hand, will.

That's your though. I'm on facebook and twitter with all the buzz being on Nintendo, and "nintendo won man this conference was obviously the best". Most of what the real fans wanted was more information, not necessarily more games, and they are getting the games for the actual system out the 3DS, starting in September to the end of the year, so we are getting games actually, and we have a lot of new information on it, EA is now partnered with Nintendo for a crap ton of good games, and honestly Miyamoto isn't a retard, he knows that if he has the chance to have a Battlefield game come out for the WiiU, dammit he's going to get it. It might not be even be named Battlefield 3. It willl probably a new game like with the Playstation Vita's Uncharted: Golden Abyss. It ont be called Uncharted 3: Drake's deception. This year was a total success in E3 for Nintendo, now they kept their fans, and maybe even added more fans to their company because of this. Obviously, More fans=more money, it't that simple, Miyamoto accomplished this.
3:20 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
MikeG

POKE FLOATS FOR SMASH 4.

ALL IM SAYING.
3:31 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Eternal Mangekyo Zebra
Sage
Eternal Mangekyo Zebra impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Apparently there is supposed to be a demo next week........
3:40 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Tollhouse
Friendly
Tollhouse watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.

Quote (originally posted by Zebruto):

of what?

Brawl code: 2622-1690-4267
3:41 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Roy a.k.a Tony

Quote (originally posted by Tollhouse):
of what?

The Smash Brothers game for the 3DS
3:56 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Rayquaza07
Smash PhD
Rayquaza07 cheated on the Ladder. Don't bother playing this person.
"Pumpkin Eater"Rayquaza07 rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Rayquaza07 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Rayquaza07 helped a member with a problem.

I think SSB for 3ds is gonna be 64 but that would be awsome anyways and ssb4 mad hype :V (for the next 3 years)
5:04 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Grey
Honorably Discharged

That's your though. I'm on facebook and twitter with all the buzz being on Nintendo, and "nintendo won man this conference was obviously the best". Most of what the real fans wanted was more information, not necessarily more games, and they are getting the games for the actual system out the 3DS, starting in September to the end of the year, so we are getting games actually, and we have a lot of new information on it, EA is now partnered with Nintendo for a crap ton of good games, and honestly Miyamoto isn't a retard, he knows that if he has the chance to have a Battlefield game come out for the WiiU, dammit he's going to get it. It might not be even be named Battlefield 3. It willl probably a new game like with the Playstation Vita's Uncharted: Golden Abyss. It ont be called Uncharted 3: Drake's deception. This year was a total success in E3 for Nintendo, now they kept their fans, and maybe even added more fans to their company because of this. Obviously, More fans=more money, it't that simple, Miyamoto accomplished this.

Yeah, I'm not even entertaining this argument anymore. You're quoting Facebook and Twitter, claiming an EA partnership is unique in some way, and don't even know who makes business decisions at Nintendo HQ.

I'm glad you're excited. That's awesome. I'll leave it at that and go debate the show with someone a little more informed.
6:20 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Sandbag
Stadium Smasher
Sandbag is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

I heard I won't be in Smash 4. [U U]
6:30 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
iSpiN
Forest Sage
iSpiN never underestimated the power of the scout's code. iSpiN has provided valuable testing services for the website.iSpiN is addicted to the melody of the woods.iSpiN keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.iSpiN has referred new users to the site.iSpiN wrote an exemplary guide.iSpiN wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!iSpiN did something funny.iSpiN impressed a staff member by doing something smart.iSpiN helped a member with a problem.iSpiN has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Nintendo didn't win based on the concept of a new system. Honestly I don't like the idea of Wii U yet since it still sounds like a very vague system idea. If Nintendo wants to squeeze another console in this generation then let them, however, I am not sure if it would be worth the money going by their current business agendas for the past few years. The only notable game for the past 6 months I would suggest someone to get for the Wii that hasn't been released is Skyward Sword a first party game. If Nintendo can squeeze in the big titles like Microsoft and Sony has been doing this entire console generation then maybe I would be sold on the idea. Smash Bros. on the Wii U has not sold me yet and will not until I know it isn't as ****ed up as Brawl is and yes SSBB is a bad game compared to it's predecessors. I should never feel like I'm downgrading my hardware and software ever again like when I downgraded from a Gamecube to a Wii. I want to play non-gimicky games and I swear to god if this title includes motion control...

Also, fighting games on the 3DS is balls and should never be invested into. Having both Street fighter and Blazblue on 3DS it is very unresponsive and the D-pad is at an awkward position for most of us that do not have the hands of a 5 year old. Also, think about how many GC controllers you may have had to replace for Smash Bros.

Grey is right Tony. You scream fanboy. Maybe I will care about Nintendo NEXT YEAR and maybe a year after that when they announce all the details to their midterm gen console, but till then Nintendo really has nothing for the Wii or DS and only a few first party games of interest to the masses. Btw, I used to be a hardcore Nintendo fan until I got sold out to appease the casual audience. I hate Nintendo as much as I hate Capcom as far as their business priorities go even though I buy their main titles.
7:44 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
Rayquaza07
Smash PhD
Rayquaza07 cheated on the Ladder. Don't bother playing this person.
"Pumpkin Eater"Rayquaza07 rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Rayquaza07 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Rayquaza07 helped a member with a problem.

I hate Nintendo as much as I hate Capcom as far as their business priorities go even though I buy their main titles.

hemad he couldnt beat airman in megaman 2

and brawl>melee>64 imo
7:57 PM Jun 7 2011 2011
mrplow8

Brawl was announced at E3 2005 and released in 2008. If history repeats itself, we may not see SSB4 until 2014.

Quote (originally posted by Zebruto):

Where did you hear that?
Page: 1 2 3 4

Quick Jump
rss