too late to join the melee scene?

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1
8:58 PM Jul 25 2011 2011
AsIaN_LiNk

too late to join the melee scene?
so i just picked melee up and i find it amuch more enjoyable game than brawl so what i wanted to know is is it to late to join the competive scene ( go to tournys and such ) and if not what websites should i go to to help me get involved ( i already know of smashboards ) please respond and thank you
7:28 PM Jul 26 2011 2011
DualCats
War is Over

Never too late, dude. I've only been playing for about 2 years and I'm ****ing everybody up around here.
8:36 PM Jul 31 2011 2011
ken2
Assistant
ken2 helped a member with a problem.

people are still playing melee competitively. You probably won't be able to become great if you're starting now, but you if you really like it and are good, you could probably get better than all of your friends. It does take a lot of practice though. It's a good idea to start watching some "how to" vids or some pro matches in order to inspire you.
5:03 AM Aug 10 2011 2011
Nyoron
Sand Crab

of course! metaknight is killing brawl slowly like a slow acting poison.

in a couple years from now, everybody would be back playing melee
7:05 PM Aug 11 2011 2011
8bïT
Streaker

Brawl it's killing itself, it has nothing to do with MK.
7:01 PM Aug 17 2011 2011
holdyourcolour

im having trouble finding anyone in the seattle washington community that plays melee. i just wanna get better and play some friendlies and mm's for fun as well! plz any info would be awesome need practice for my falco! got a wii game n controller just need some competition.
my first post fyi icon_smile
Last edited by holdyourcolour, 7:20 PM on Aug 17, 2011
12:21 PM Aug 18 2011 2011
Nyoron
Sand Crab

Quote (originally posted by holdyourcolour):
im having trouble finding anyone in the seattle washington community that plays melee. i just wanna get better and play some friendlies and mm's for fun as well! plz any info would be awesome need practice for my falco! got a wii game n controller just need some competition.
my first post fyi icon_smile

HI ^^

If I lived there I'd go play you, but I don't icon_sad

O2UCt.gifO2UCt.gifO2UCt.gifO2UCt.gifO2UCt.gif[url=http://drag
10:48 PM Aug 28 2011 2011
MooniniteLeader
Friendly
MooniniteLeader is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

Dude Silent Wolf and Eggz live in Seattle, as well as a good number of melee players I think. Pendulum is good. Also for anyone wondering where to find people, go to smashboards.com and go to regional zones. Find which zone you are in and see if there is a social thread or thread about your area. If there is, make a post saying where you are and that you are interested in playing. If there isn't, make a new topic! Also check out your regional zone's tournament page, and try to attend one. Best way there is to meet players and arrange smashfests.

Also, if you're dedicated and play regularly, it won't take you long to get good. It takes noobs years to get good, but Brawl players have already been playing the basics of smash. The transition sounds super easy imo. Hope more people start playing Melee.

edit:  And for people wondering, the Melee scene is NOT dead and is very active, especially if you live in a populated area (EC/WC).  The only area that might be quiet is upper midwest, but the midwest arranges large tournaments and provides carpools and such for people who don't live near anyone.  So no matter where you live, there is no excuse not to play Melee.
6:45 AM Aug 30 2011 2011
cablecho57

its arguably more active than brawl (on the competitive scale). number of entrants for melee usually outnumber brawl in national tourneys
3:23 PM Aug 30 2011 2011
Cheesepinaco
Almost Famous

No, in fact, your just in time
KING DEDEDE FTW.... and all Mario characters, and Falco
Page: 1

Quick Jump
rss