Who will win the 2011 Major League Baseball World Series?

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Texas Rangers (187)

Detroit Tigers (99)

New York Yankees (440)

Tampa Bay Rays (71)

Arizona Diamondbacks (41)

Milwaukee Brewers (49)

St. Louis Cardinals (160)

Philadelphia Phillies (172)

I don't follow baseball (761)

1:23 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
nealdt
Bonafide
nealdt created the "All is" network, "possibly the best thing since sliced bread."nealdt passed a Tournament Host Certification test.nealdt has provided valuable testing services for the website.nealdt is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.nealdt made significant contributions to all areas of the website!nealdt did something funny.nealdt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.nealdt has referred new users to the site.nealdt wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!nealdt helped a member with a problem.nealdt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Vote here!
1:27 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
ook
Cheesehead
ook rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.ook rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.ook is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.ook did something funny.ook impressed a staff member by doing something smart.ook helped a member with a problem.ook has referred new users to the site.

Brewers all the way
1:29 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
Horsy
Tournament Administrator
Horsy is a Tournament Administrator for the site.Horsy has provided valuable testing services for the website.Horsy has referred new users to the site.Horsy wrote an exemplary guide.Horsy did something funny.Horsy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Horsy helped a member with a problem.Horsy keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Horsy helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Horsy contributed to the Stadium community.

Go Yankees!
Last edited by Horsy, 8:37 PM on Oct 01, 2011
1:30 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
hotdogturtle
Grandmaster
hotdogturtle is a moderator in the Stadium section!hotdogturtle has provided valuable testing services for the website.hotdogturtle is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.hotdogturtle did something funny.hotdogturtle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.hotdogturtle helped a member with a problem.hotdogturtle has referred new users to the site.hotdogturtle wrote an exemplary guide.hotdogturtle wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!hotdogturtle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.hotdogturtle won a Custom Texture Contest! hotdogturtle defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!hotdogturtle won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!hotdogturtle contributed to the Stadium community.hotdogturtle has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.

Boo Rays.

*mad*
1:33 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
Lord Empoleon
Spread the Love

IF u voted for the Yankees then U dont follow Baseball lol

The Phillies Have the 4 Aces, the best Pitching Rotation in the HISTORY of Baseball.

GO PHILLIES!!!!! RED OCTOBER!!!!

btw, the Phillies have 102 wins, they have the most wins out of every team this season so yeah
1:48 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
Coolwhip
Tank
Coolwhip rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.

Quote (originally posted by Gunter the Penguin):

The Phillies Have the 4 Aces, the best Pitching Rotation in the HISTORY of Baseball.

btw, the Phillies have 102 wins, they have the most wins out of every team this season so yeah

I pretty much agree on what you said. But, any team can lose on any given day.
Doesn't make them automated favorites to win the world series.

1:58 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
ArcTypeMakoto
Spread the Love

I dunno...i don't watch baseball...
2:26 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
Faketime
Honorary palaver-er-er-er-er...
Faketime is a moderator.Faketime rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Faketime keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Faketime wrote an exemplary guide.Faketime did something funny.Faketime impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Faketime helped a member with a problem.Faketime contributed to the Stadium community.

Quote (originally posted by Gunter the Penguin):

I was born about 10 minutes away from Yankee stadium. You are ignorant, sir.
Made by Lawliel
2:47 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
MP8
Baller

The Phillies definitely have the best roster but as a Mets fan, seeing them and the Yankees lose would be quite enjoyable. Either the Rangers or the Rays will take this hopefully.

The Mets are victims of a bad front office and management. Sandy Alderson is a good GM that inherited the problems caused by Omar Minaya and the Wilpons. If Alderson is given enough time under new ownership, the Mets will be contenders again. Not only that but they have been battling tons of injuries in recent years, as well as this past season. But they still finished with a .475 win percentage despite that. This team will only get better but if won't be until they are out of the recovery stage and become buyers in the offseason once again.

@Gunter Yeah, that sort of goes with the Phillies as well though in recent years. I've never seen a Phillies fan in my life until they started winning in 2007 as a result of the Mets running into horrible luck giving up a 7 game lead in 17 games. A repeat of the same scenario in 2008, in which they won the World Series and the band wagon population sky rocketed.
Last edited by MP8, 2:59 PM on Sep 30, 2011
2:51 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
vVv Cheese
Best GW in the MW
vVv Cheese will 0-death you. No johns.vVv Cheese passed a Tournament Host Certification test.vVv Cheese has provided valuable testing services for the website.vVv Cheese does nothing but chaingrab. Seriously.vVv Cheese is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.vVv Cheese made significant contributions to all areas of the website!vVv Cheese did something funny.vVv Cheese impressed a staff member by doing something smart.vVv Cheese has referred new users to the site.vVv Cheese wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!vVv Cheese helped a member with a problem.vVv Cheese keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.vVv Cheese contributed to the Stadium community.

Either the Yans or the Phils are going to steamroll, but I can't in good conscience pick them as a Met fan. Let's go RAYS!
4:26 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
Grey
Honorably Discharged
Grey has provided valuable testing services for the website.Grey owns a Zune by choice, because iPods are superfluous and iTunes is counter intuitive.Grey rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Grey is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Grey made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Grey did something funny.Grey impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Grey helped a member with a problem.Grey has referred new users to the site.

Unfortunately, the Phillies.

But at least it won't be the Tigers. They'll lose in the ALDS 3-1, that one win coming behind Verlander.
5:18 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
Peterdinosaurous
Peterdinosaurous is a moderator.Peterdinosaurous has provided valuable testing services for the website.Peterdinosaurous wrote an exemplary guide.Peterdinosaurous did something funny.Peterdinosaurous helped a member with a problem.Peterdinosaurous keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Peterdinosaurous participated in the Karaoke Contest!

rofl at the people who assume the yankees are gonna win cause they dont follow baseball and don't know how disgusting the phillies rotation is, phillies got this....i voted for the rays tho cause evan longoria is the ****ing man.....and thats coming from a red sox fan
5:27 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
Raheem The Dream
A Winner In My Eyes

I used to love baseball back in the days of my lifetimes to play outside & now,but, F-U-C-K it cuz, I'm moving on something better!♪☆♪
6:19 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
Raffi-X
S-Class
Raffi-X has provided valuable testing services for the website.Raffi-X wrote an exemplary guide.Raffi-X did something funny.Raffi-X helped a member with a problem.Raffi-X keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Raffi-X participated in the Karaoke Contest!Raffi-X has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy. Raffi-X gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.Raffi-X won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

REDSOX :I
6:37 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
XDarksFaithX
Absolutely not!

Phillies all the way!
6:51 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
Shiro Dreyar
Almost Famous

Go Rays...

8:42 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
Queensryche
Helpful
Queensryche is a moderator.Queensryche has referred new users to the site.Queensryche impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Queensryche helped a member with a problem.

Quote (originally posted by Elder MP8):

@Gunter Yeah, that sort of goes with the Phillies as well though in recent years. I've never seen a Phillies fan in my life until they started winning in 2007 as a result of the Mets running into horrible luck giving up a 7 game lead in 17 games. A repeat of the same scenario in 2008, in which they won the World Series and the band wagon population sky rocketed.

As soon as the Mets begin winning more, they'll begin selling out their stadium too.

EVERY fanbase has fairweather fans dude. And I know that statement about the Phillies having no fans is absolutely false because of all the fights over the years between Phillies and Mets fans at Shea Stadium and Veterans Stadium/Citizens Bank Park.

I don't mind bandwagoners at all. It means there's more people to talk to about your team.
9:10 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
GoldenYoshiKing
War is Over
GoldenYoshiKing is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

Yankees Yo
11:07 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
MP8
Baller

Quote (originally posted by Queensryche):
As soon as the Mets begin winning more, they'll begin selling out their stadium too.

EVERY fanbase has fairweather fans dude. And I know that statement about the Phillies having no fans is absolutely false because of all the fights over the years between Phillies and Mets fans at Shea Stadium and Veterans Stadium/Citizens Bank Park.

I don't mind bandwagoners at all. It means there's more people to talk to about your team.

I never said there were no fans, I said that I had never seen any until that point where the Phillies started finding success. Random Philly fans started popping out from everywhere once the franchise took off. This is referred to where I live and I assume that the similar results happened elsewhere. I even saw it with the Mets in 2000 and in 2006.

My post wasn't aimed toward Philly fans, it was aimed at "Philly fans" (bandwagon hoppers). And please, the Phillies/Mets rivalry came back to life in 2007-2008 with the whole Beltran callout and collapse. The Mets/Braves rivalry that was retained throughout the '90s and the early millenium was only behind that of the Red Sox/Yankees and the Giants/Dodgers at the time. The rivalry that exists today between the Phils and the Mets couldn't hold a glass of water to that of the Mets/Braves at that time. My point is, I never said there were no fans, I just said that I'd never seen any before. It looked to me like you insinuated that the rivalry has a huge historical meaning to it.

Listening to bandwagoners talk about my favorite team and acting like they know something is rediculous. They are frauds and traitors. Their care is temporal and they are not real fans. They go along with whatever is convenient for them follow and will turn their backs once the run is over. I actually prefer that no one likes my team so that whenever victory comes, the better victory will taste and the more people I'll get to laugh at. The lack of individuality is pathetic.
11:30 PM Sep 30 2011 2011
Queensryche
Helpful
Queensryche is a moderator.Queensryche has referred new users to the site.Queensryche impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Queensryche helped a member with a problem.

Quote (originally posted by Elder MP8):
I never said there were no fans, I said that I had never seen any until that point where the Phillies started finding success. Random Philly fans started popping out from everywhere once the franchise took off. This is referred to where I live and I assume that the similar results happened elsewhere. I even saw it with the Mets in 2000 and in 2006.

My post wasn't aimed toward Philly fans, it was aimed at "Philly fans" (bandwagon hoppers). And please, the Phillies/Mets rivalry came back to life in 2007-2008 with the whole Beltran callout and collapse. The Mets/Braves rivalry that was retained throughout the '90s and the early millenium was only behind that of the Red Sox/Yankees and the Giants/Dodgers at the time. The rivalry that exists today between the Phils and the Mets couldn't hold a glass of water to that of the Mets/Braves at that time. My point is, I never said there were no fans, I just said that I'd never seen any before. It looked to me like you insinuated that the rivalry has a huge historical meaning to it.

Listening to bandwagoners talk about my favorite team and acting like they know something is rediculous. They are frauds and traitors. Their care is temporal and they are not real fans. They go along with whatever is convenient for them follow and will turn their backs once the run is over. I actually prefer that no one likes my team so that whenever victory comes, the better victory will taste and the more people I'll get to laugh at. The lack of individuality is pathetic.

I think you misunderstood me.

I was highlighting the fights between Phillies and Mets fans because of your claim of "never seeing any Phillies fans". If you'd gone to any Phillies/Mets games, you would've seen at least a few of those fights. Now I see you live in Florida, perhaps you didn't see any. I wasn't even TRYING to bring up the rivalry. You insinuated that yourself. I don't even know how you thought I was talking about the Phillies/Mets rivalry.

Agreed that the Phillies/Mets rivalry is sorely lacking and for the most part hasn't existed. The only time it's been really good is 2007 and 2008. It's rare that both teams are good at the same time.

Bandwagoners exist, plain and simple. Yeah, they're annoying, but it is what it is. I just don't bother to dwell on it too much.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Quick Jump
rss