Meta Knight is Finally banned in the Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4
9:27 AM Oct 1 2011 2011
Elite Gaymer69
Friendly

Meta Knight is Finally banned in the Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meta Knight will be officially banned on January 9th, 2012. Until that date, Meta Knight will be optionally banned in Unity Ruleset 2.0

The Unity Ruleset Committee has come to a majority agreement to ban Meta Knight by a vote of 14-0 with 1 abstaining. In order too ease into this decision and respect the largest Smash tournament on the horizon, the ban will be optional until after Apex 2012. Therefore, on January 9th, it will no longer be optional and all Unity Ruleset events will be Meta Knight banned. Until that time, users may use the Unity Ruleset 2.0 in either form: Meta Knight Banned or Meta Knight Allowed. 

This was not a decision made lightly. This is a topic that has dominated the community for many years and far to long. The URC has taken into account many things, among them: community polls on Smashboards and AllisBrawl over the last 2 years, discussions with some of the top players and minds in the community, and most of all, user created data/charts that have kept tabs on the prevalence of Meta Knight at the over 500 tournaments held yearly. It is important to note that each member of the URC who voted had their own reasons, so any number of factors may have influenced their decision. We hope this will begin a new era in the Brawl community, and while we are sure this decision will cause controversy and discussion, we also feel it will ultimately be for the best for the community in the coming years.

Please note: This ban effects tournaments in the US and Canada - as that is the scope of the Unity Ruleset Committee. In addition, this ban is for both Singles and Doubles play.

Yes starting January! no more Mk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin[size=0]
[/size]
10:00 AM Oct 1 2011 2011
Eternal Mangekyo Zebra
Sage
Eternal Mangekyo Zebra impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Did you really need to post this twice in two different threads?
1:51 PM Oct 1 2011 2011
Lil Fudge Mane
Staff Slayer
Lil Fudge Mane is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

Quote (originally posted by Elite Gaymer69):
Meta Knight will be officially banned on January 9th, 2012. Until that date, Meta Knight will be optionally banned in Unity Ruleset 2.0

The Unity Ruleset Committee has come to a majority agreement to ban Meta Knight by a vote of 14-0 with 1 abstaining. In order too ease into this decision and respect the largest Smash tournament on the horizon, the ban will be optional until after Apex 2012. Therefore, on January 9th, it will no longer be optional and all Unity Ruleset events will be Meta Knight banned. Until that time, users may use the Unity Ruleset 2.0 in either form: Meta Knight Banned or Meta Knight Allowed. 

This was not a decision made lightly. This is a topic that has dominated the community for many years and far to long. The URC has taken into account many things, among them: community polls on Smashboards and AllisBrawl over the last 2 years, discussions with some of the top players and minds in the community, and most of all, user created data/charts that have kept tabs on the prevalence of Meta Knight at the over 500 tournaments held yearly. It is important to note that each member of the URC who voted had their own reasons, so any number of factors may have influenced their decision. We hope this will begin a new era in the Brawl community, and while we are sure this decision will cause controversy and discussion, we also feel it will ultimately be for the best for the community in the coming years.

Please note: This ban effects tournaments in the US and Canada - as that is the scope of the Unity Ruleset Committee. In addition, this ban is for both Singles and Doubles play.

Yes starting January! no more Mk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin<font size="0">
</font>

under the unity ruleset, wifi doesnt use that

and neither those ca
4:19 PM Oct 1 2011 2011
MaysTheCraze
Baller

Quote (originally posted by Explosive Zebra):
Did you really need to post this twice in two different threads?

Absolutely.

-Still playing with Zelda. Yay.
5:05 PM Oct 1 2011 2011
joakin_johnny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIxu669Y_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZaJv6ErgwA
(Round 2)

is mk broken?
10:22 PM Oct 1 2011 2011
Elite Gaymer69
Friendly

If Mk isnt banned in California, why the hell would the people say hes Banned around the USA and canada?
3:49 AM Oct 2 2011 2011
John12346
Tank
John12346 rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.John12346 wrote an exemplary guide.John12346 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.John12346 helped a member with a problem.

Here's an idea, if you go against this ruling and hold MK legal tournies in your own scene...

Then travel to a national and probably get raped due to not being able to use MK/not having practice in matchups that aren't MK.
4:00 AM Oct 2 2011 2011
E.Nigma
The Grand Funk Master of all Get Out.
E.Nigma has provided valuable testing services for the website.E.Nigma doth crush dreams.E.Nigma is Mewtwo.E.Nigma is Dr. Cain's only mistake.E.Nigma keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.E.Nigma has referred new users to the site.E.Nigma wrote an exemplary guide.E.Nigma wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!E.Nigma made significant contributions to all areas of the website!E.Nigma did something funny.E.Nigma impressed a staff member by doing something smart.E.Nigma helped a member with a problem.E.Nigma gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.E.Nigma contributed to the Stadium community.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY WE CAN STOP CONCENTRATING ON COMPLAINING ABOUT META KNIGHT AND START COMPLAINING ABOUT SNAKE ONCE HE STARTS BECOMING OVER-CENTRALIZED INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4:53 AM Oct 2 2011 2011
Rayquaza07
Smash PhD
Rayquaza07 cheated on the Ladder. Don't bother playing this person.
"Pumpkin Eater"Rayquaza07 rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Rayquaza07 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Rayquaza07 helped a member with a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9QVTDyL9Ck&feature=related

y mk is banned^ :V
9:55 AM Oct 2 2011 2011
jerry04
Friendly

why would they even do that, i mean thats just dumb. MD is a character, and its not like hes unstoppable, just dont be a noob and fall for his gimps.
10:37 AM Oct 2 2011 2011
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

Quote (originally posted by joakin_johnny):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIxu669Y_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZaJv6ErgwA
(Round 2)

is mk broken?

@first vid: not sure if serious.  The fact that his MK was being garbs and almost won is kinda sad.

btw, counter vid(s):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZCuKkdUv20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laRwODwOaZ0
After the first stock, it's just unbearable.
not that I'm pro-ban, but still.
Last edited by Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy, 10:43 AM on Oct 02, 2011
10:42 AM Oct 2 2011 2011
Soap69
I Voted

-That video sure were painful to watch, 95% consisted of nado spam.
10:50 AM Oct 2 2011 2011
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
"Troll"

Yep, quite.

I don't think people ban him because he's broken, it's mainly entertainment purposes (which isn't the best argument for banning, hence why I'm against it). People are tired of MK ditto GFs b/c everyone has to resort to MK to win on their opponent's CP.
12:08 PM Oct 2 2011 2011
-Sol-
Sand Crab

Banned in tourneys, but that doesn't mean we'll see the last of him. People will still have to learn the matchup in friendlies, etc. But then again a lot of people care too much about the tourneys.
We always see MK thrown at us if we win our first match, I've had the experience and I've usually lost cause of that, but I think that's the main reason people don't like MK, because he's always a solution to your matchup problems. But then after MK goes people are probably gonna switch to the next option (like snake) and there will be a domination of people using him instead.. then it will start yet another discussion to ban them =/
Another reason for this ban I think is that the matchup is too unfair to some characters, giving them absolutely no chance, that's why there's usually a decline in the number of people bringing that character to tourneys. Then when you're up against another character it's actually possible to grab wins.
8:31 AM Oct 2 2011 2011
oHaiZeta
Almost Famous

Even though MK is banned, people are still going to use him on Wifi, there's no way getting passed that. I see that some people will have a better chance of actually placing in a tournament, since MK is banned. More characters will be used, and the game as a whole will have a much better Metagame imo. And to agree with Redd up there, I do believe that is why MK is banned, people will just immediately switch to him if they lost their first match, so they can hopefully get win for the third round. But now we can finally see put apart the good brawl players, and the MK users. No offense to the MK users, i use him once or twice too lol.
9:16 PM Oct 2 2011 2011
-Sol-
Sand Crab

I think that we can expect to see from this ban:
- A reduction, not an elimination of the use of MK in online play
- An increase in the variety of characters brought to major tournaments
- A change in the way people view the game
- An increase in the usage of alternative characters such as snake, diddy and olimar
- An increased chance of victory for other characters due to the elimination of the matchup barrier
- A major disadvantage for players, such as M2K, who use MK competitively as a main
- Large changes within the tier list which bring lower tiers upwards
- An increase in competitive spirit in tourneys due to the lost expectation that MK will always win
11:01 PM Oct 2 2011 2011
ShadowSlash
Veteran

I can see why Meta Knight being banned would be a great asset to competitive Super Smash Bros. Brawl players, but for casual not-competitive players like myself, it is of no concern for me.

Besides, I don't even use Meta Knight. Maybe I did once or twice a while back just to see what he was like, but I prefer to use other characters that I like and are more fun to play with in my opinion.
4:50 AM Oct 3 2011 2011
Acidf0xdyi831

bout time
8:38 AM Oct 3 2011 2011
MaysTheCraze
Baller

It will indeed be interesting to see how things change with MK out of the pictures. Maybe some of the low tiers will actually stand a better chance now.

-Still playing with Zelda. Yay.
1:53 PM Oct 3 2011 2011
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
"Troll"

Quote (originally posted by ShadowSlash):
I can see why Meta Knight being banned would be a great asset to competitive Super Smash Bros. Brawl players, but for casual not-competitive players like myself, it is of no concern for me.

Besides, I don't even use Meta Knight. Maybe I did once or twice a while back just to see what he was like, but I prefer to use other characters that I like and are more fun to play with in my opinion.

lol, technically even the tier list isn't an accurate gauge for casual players, because the tier list is built on competitive Brawl, items change things a looooooot (well not a lot, but enough to make a big difference).
Page: 1 2 3 4

Quick Jump
rss