Big City Gamin' -- Oregon State Tournament - Eugene, Oregon; December 17, 2011

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 7
10:50 PM Jan 4 2012 2012
t0mmy
Veteran
t0mmy is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.t0mmy did something funny.t0mmy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.t0mmy helped a member with a problem.t0mmy has referred new users to the site.t0mmy wrote an exemplary guide.t0mmy wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!t0mmy has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

The date is out of my hands, sorry.
The Jefferson crew looks like they'll be coming to this as well. It's been a while since I've seen Jim, hope he's in :^]
Sad to hear Foos can't make it. Sorry, but I can't do anything about the time either.
11:07 PM Jan 4 2012 2012
t1mmy
t1mmy passed a Tournament Host Certification test.t1mmy is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.t1mmy keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.t1mmy has referred new users to the site.t1mmy wrote an exemplary guide.t1mmy wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!t1mmy has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

I'm going to have to ask Jonix if he brought up the idea of doing this a week earlier\later or something... Or maybe he doesn't know Best Bout is every third week? :\

Either way, I'm going to have to go to this if it is on the same day as BB.
2:54 AM Jan 5 2012 2012
The_SuperiorTaste
Veteran

It'll probably only be me t0mmy, sorry :/
11:29 AM Jan 5 2012 2012
t0mmy
Veteran
t0mmy is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.t0mmy did something funny.t0mmy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.t0mmy helped a member with a problem.t0mmy has referred new users to the site.t0mmy wrote an exemplary guide.t0mmy wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!t0mmy has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

When I called Jim a few weeks back he said he might be up in Eugene soon, so I was hoping it would coincide with this tourney.
But you're the only one shouldering the gas cost up here? Maybe I'll make you some spicy noodles to make up for it X^]
3:49 PM Jan 5 2012 2012
Jonix
Hanging Chad

I will be in vegas from feb 3rd-9th and the 10th and 11th I will be watching my littles sisters swim meet districts. Plus i refuse to wait 2 MORE weeks on it so it will just have to be this date. Plus the owner all ready wrote on his front door the date for this. No melee or vc for this, since it starts at 6:00 P.M. it will only be reasonable to do brawl only. The venue is nice with all the t.v.'s plus the comfortable couches :-D. The venue fee is 5 dollars but we are still in discussion on what the enterance fee will be for doubles and in singles. I think we will have a poll for that here soon.
5:07 PM Jan 5 2012 2012
Tuen
Friendly
Tuen rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Tuen impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Eesh. A venue fee for an event that starts at 6PM. That's kinda intense... but I'm retired! :-p
6:04 PM Jan 5 2012 2012
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

wtf, isn't this the second time that there's a 3rd week tournament? Just tell them if they want better Brawl numbers, someone's gotta give (and frankly with BB being the first AND the one planned earlier, they should get priority)
6:35 PM Jan 6 2012 2012
t0mmy
Veteran

I don't think BCG will change the date on this. I'm not sure if BB is interested in setting a different date for their february event.

We're probably going to start SSB and SSBM at our place then set up at BCG at 4pm with Brawl @ 6pm.
8:42 PM Jan 6 2012 2012
thrillagorilla
Veteran
thrillagorilla is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

@phil: This makes me think of two things, kind of a parralell to BB taking the same weekend as Jefferson League.

1. Yugo said he didn't know. Bro is legit, I beleive him.

2. BB was the one who set the date, not Yugo. Same thing happening here, except it's BCG.

Also, there is no such thing as priority except for each individual's personal veiwpoints. People will show up for the one they want to.
6:00 AM Jan 10 2012 2012
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
"Troll"

Was Jefferson the one that happened last month? Because that's the one I was referring to

I'm a sole believer in supporting the earlier established tournament. This means regular monthlies, if established earlier than an irregular tournament series, even if the latter was planned earlier for the month, has priority, as does the earlier of two. Even if I don't go, I check the calendar to see which is happening before I would plan any on that date. If Yugo didn't know, it was a mistake, but if Jefferson was first in the calendar, it should have had the nod imo
6:06 AM Jan 10 2012 2012
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
"Troll"

The reason is it's hell sometimes to nail down a venue and schedule, especially when other tournaments dot the calendar. If a tournament pops upand last minute, the other guy who made more early and meticulous planning gets an unfair factor that he couldn't have factored in when setting. Then again, I think I would be better at keeping a more consistent monthly myself if I were more pushy on dates, but I feel if it can be helped (which this sounds like it can't), then it should
6:07 AM Jan 10 2012 2012
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
"Troll"

Ugh, I hat typing from my phone sometimes
6:08 AM Jan 10 2012 2012
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
"Troll"

*hate
1:41 PM Jan 10 2012 2012
t1mmy
t1mmy passed a Tournament Host Certification test.t1mmy is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.t1mmy keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.t1mmy has referred new users to the site.t1mmy wrote an exemplary guide.t1mmy wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!t1mmy has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

@Phil
I believe Thrilla is referring to the Jefferson League monthlies that he was running before any other monthlies showed up. Then Best Bout was scheduled over his monthly even though he had already committed to that venue\day. In other words, the same thing happened to him.

This is sort of different though because the owners of Big City Gamin' probably don't even know of Best Bout and they're just scheduling according to their own calendar of events. I don't hold it against them, but it makes a dilemma for me when I want to go to both events.
1:56 PM Jan 10 2012 2012
t0mmy
Veteran

BCG cannot change the date, I'd suggest a NOregon rep contact BB and let them know about this tourney.
We did our part down here, the ball is in Best Bout's court now.
If there's two OR tourneys on the same day, it's not the end of the world, just choose which one you want to attend. But hopefully BB can choose another weekend for their Smash monthly.
5:15 PM Jan 10 2012 2012
Broseph Stalin
Who Dat?
Broseph Stalin did something funny.

I'm not mad at you guys for going to a tournament in SOregon over mine. I was just angry that you guys had not actually known the date for the tournament and had missed mine for it haha. I do feel extremely sorry about having taken Thrilla's spot and at this point I CAN change the monthly time to be a different day in the week. I have been a bit swamped however and haven't been able to make any decisions on these things. I COULD postpone the Best Bout tournament to a different week so we can have two Oregon tournaments the same month but I got to make sure that it would be profitable from a business stand point.
5:34 PM Jan 10 2012 2012
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
"Troll"

Yeah, sometimes, it just can't be helped. This probably also wouldn't be as big of a deal if attendance wasn't running low lately. Now with under 20 entrants, a division means a lot :P
6:12 PM Jan 10 2012 2012
t0mmy
Veteran

We were all upset about the scheduling last time :^(
But that'd be swiggity-swag if you could fix our predicament this time.
12:12 PM Jan 11 2012 2012
t1mmy

Broseph Stalin wrote:
'I was just angry that you guys had not actually known the date for the tournament and had missed mine for it haha'

Being a long-time host I know what you're talking about, I've been there before. I never got angry at anyone for not showing up, I just remembered to thank to people who did show up.

And you know that I know the dates to BB by heart. I don't have anything to do with BCG's schedule. When you say 'angry' and mention me, it makes me sad. : (
If anyone should be angry, it should be me at Jonix for making me miss the last BB - but I'm not. He's a great guy and he's just trying to do his best. No one should get angry at someone for good intentions. : D
1:20 PM Jan 11 2012 2012
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
"Troll"

I wanna go, the question is, which one?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Quick Jump
rss