Positive Change for AiB

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
10:00 PM Mar 7 2012 2012
Fandangox
Defender
Fandangox rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Fandangox did something funny.Fandangox impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Fandangox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Fandangox has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Nice!

Quote (originally posted by Detective Dizzy):
You Americans get so much done when PSN is down.

Quote (originally posted by Volke Aeno):
Fand, if you're gonna be a demon with no experience you have to start somewhere.
They don't pay you 7 figure wages of power at the entry level jobs.

Anyway, [Unreadable Name of Frog] eats Unknown Hedgehog. The end.
I wish.

You made 4 random chance typos at once.

10:03 PM Mar 7 2012 2012
waldorf2007
Unstoppable

The images thing is a bit unnecessary IMO, you had better make some very, VERY clear restrictions about that.
If I want to one of the girls from K-ON, who is not 18, in a bikini on my front page that is completely PG, but some people might find that offensive. KON only used because of the <18 thing but I see the same problem with legal, more busty anime chicks as well. completely PG, and if it's offensive, that's their problem.

Also I find the "entertain non-brawlers" thing to be a little bit weird. ALLisBRAWL should feel no obligation to serve the interests of people who do not wish to use what the site is for, brawl related things. But hey, extra stuff, as long as it's completely optional and doesn't clutter the front page, has no issue with me.
10:10 PM Mar 7 2012 2012
OrangeFox
I Know Where You Live
OrangeFox has provided valuable testing services for the website.OrangeFox did something funny.OrangeFox helped a member with a problem.OrangeFox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.OrangeFox gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.OrangeFox contributed to the Stadium community.

I'm glad to see you made this, which clears out everything! Also, the hiring process for mods is a great idea.
10:17 PM Mar 7 2012 2012
Carls493
Veteran
Carls493 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Carls493 helped a member with a problem.Carls493 won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

There's nothing wrong with trying to pander to fans of things that don't have anything to do with Smash or any series Smash features. We just need to make sure that doesn't eclipse what this site was made for.

We can still talk about anime and games that never appeared in Smash, but they can't be too overwhelming. They can't be the MAIN thing people come to this site for, because there are much better websites to cover those unrelated things.

They should be treated more like side-interests in relation to this site.
10:38 PM Mar 7 2012 2012
Project K
Absolutely not!

I enjoyed the Name Change modification!!
10:42 PM Mar 7 2012 2012
BSP
Boss

Hopefully something actually results from this. Let me know if I can help with anything.
11:51 PM Mar 7 2012 2012
Repair man man man
Hazardous
Repair man man man has provided valuable testing services for the website.Repair man man man cheated on the Ladder. Don't bother playing this person.
"Pumpkin Eater"Repair man man man is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Repair man man man wrote an exemplary guide.

speaking of bad mods, you guys should've seen how the krikke talked to me in private messages.
12:04 AM Mar 8 2012 2012
Jutsu
Double Dater

Speed-running section? lots of players seem like they really enjoy doing speed-runs of old games in their free-time. maybe it'd be useful on the front-page with a link to their stream?

users should be able to recommend blogs yep

like button should be available

12:08 AM Mar 8 2012 2012
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President
dmbrandon passed a Tournament Host Certification test.dmbrandon rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.dmbrandon rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.dmbrandon is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.dmbrandon did something funny.dmbrandon impressed a staff member by doing something smart.dmbrandon wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Quote (originally posted by Enrish):

Yeah, if you go through all those names again then they'll know who you are, if they knew you during those phases. When you come up with a new name it makes thing more difficult. Name changes is a very nice privilege. Many sites don't allow name changes at all.
I don't think it should be allowed here, either.  There isn't a reason for it.
12:18 AM Mar 8 2012 2012
Nairo
I Know Where You Live
Nairo is a site ladder referee.Nairo has provided valuable testing services for the website.Nairo is a fan of Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop.Nairo is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Nairo did something funny.Nairo helped a member with a problem.Nairo gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.

can i be in the list too enrish? im no trolling i wanna be a chat mod since i have a lot of free time and am on the site throughout whole day pretty much O:
12:22 AM Mar 8 2012 2012
Almo
Almo is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Almo did something funny.Almo participated in the Karaoke Contest!

Quote (originally posted by Jutsu-kun):

Speed-running section? lots of players seem like they really enjoy doing speed-runs of old games in their free-time. maybe it'd be useful on the front-page with a link to their stream?

users should be able to recommend blogs yep

like button should be available

I love this idea. Sadly, it's not that important for AiB when there's a site like SDA out there, but I completely endorse doing this.
12:24 AM Mar 8 2012 2012
Miles of SmashWiki
Smash PhD
Miles of SmashWiki watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Miles of SmashWiki did something funny.Miles of SmashWiki impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Miles of SmashWiki helped a member with a problem.Miles of SmashWiki keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

There is an "now streaming" box that I and some other mods can edit. It isn't restricted to tournies. If there are other community-related streams going on, you're free to send those in for linking. (Advance notice helps.)
12:34 AM Mar 8 2012 2012
hotdogturtle
Grandmaster
hotdogturtle is a moderator in the Stadium section!hotdogturtle has provided valuable testing services for the website.hotdogturtle is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.hotdogturtle did something funny.hotdogturtle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.hotdogturtle helped a member with a problem.hotdogturtle has referred new users to the site.hotdogturtle wrote an exemplary guide.hotdogturtle wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!hotdogturtle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.hotdogturtle won a Custom Texture Contest! hotdogturtle defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!hotdogturtle won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!hotdogturtle contributed to the Stadium community.hotdogturtle has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.

I was not aware that it wasn't restricted to tournaments. I thought that it was only for Smash things and things related to the community (like MLG even when they weren't running Brawl).

If anyone wants anything added there some time, I'm another person who can edit that.
12:44 AM Mar 8 2012 2012
wWw Crofats
Smart
wWw Crofats is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.wWw Crofats did something funny.wWw Crofats impressed a staff member by doing something smart.wWw Crofats helped a member with a problem.wWw Crofats keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

so are we going to make use of my Community Run Activities group or what?
And what do i have to do to become a moderator capable of changing the front page? (posting streams, updating the three side articles, blah blah blah)
2:20 AM Mar 8 2012 2012
Parace L.sia
Karaoke Singer
Parace L.sia helped a member with a problem.Parace L.sia participated in the Karaoke Contest!

APPROVED!
2:55 AM Mar 8 2012 2012
Enrish
NARUTARD OVERLOAD!!!!!
Enrish rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Enrish had to change his pants after watching the new Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 character roster. He may cease to exist when the game releases. NARUTARD OVERLOAD!Enrish is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Enrish made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Enrish did something funny.Enrish impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Enrish helped a member with a problem.Enrish has referred new users to the site.Enrish wrote an exemplary guide.Enrish keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Enrish contributed to the Stadium community.

Quote (originally posted by waldorf2007):
The images thing is a bit unnecessary IMO, you had better make some very, VERY clear restrictions about that.
If I want to one of the girls from K-ON, who is not 18, in a bikini on my front page that is completely PG, but some people might find that offensive. KON only used because of the <18 thing but I see the same problem with legal, more busty anime chicks as well. completely PG, and if it's offensive, that's their problem.

Also I find the "entertain non-brawlers" thing to be a little bit weird. ALLisBRAWL should feel no obligation to serve the interests of people who do not wish to use what the site is for, brawl related things. But hey, extra stuff, as long as it's completely optional and doesn't clutter the front page, has no issue with me.
We will be sure to give people warnings before any infractions are handed out. We don't expect members to automatically know what we see as appropriate. Clearly there's a safe zone and an unsafe zone but it's that borderline area that'll be a problem. We'll be sure to supply some examples of what is and is not appropriate.

Diem, Neal actually suggested we lower the limit down to once a year. I'm perfectly fine with that idea, but just like I told him; For the past two years at least we have been very open to name changes. I want the community to ease into the idea.
10:08 AM Mar 8 2012 2012
taytertot
Smart
taytertot did something funny.taytertot impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Good stuff the effort shows something all on it's own. I hope the users on here can appreciate that mods are trying to work with them instead of chronically throwing fits about every little thing. They can't appease everyone guys, but they can at least try! D:
12:01 PM Mar 8 2012 2012
Ferre
Unstoppable

If you see any questionable images please let the staff know and we will be sure to address the issue.

SNITCHES!
12:06 PM Mar 8 2012 2012
Jutsu
Double Dater

Quote (originally posted by Almo):
I love this idea. Sadly, it's not that important for AiB when there's a site like SDA out there, but I completely endorse doing this.

that's true, yeah. i was just thinking like, it'd be nice to be able to have local community run streams posted right on the front page.

we def. need to work with what we got from within the community though. what i mean by that (last sentence over there <-- lol) is basically:

i'd just kinda like to be able to watch some streams from people i know are part of AIB rather than a diff community (and im not tryin to discredit SDA)

and the other thing is:

i have a feeling that people that are doing speedruns (like you) would probably enjoy having other AIB people checking them out!!
12:40 PM Mar 8 2012 2012
-6WX-
Sage

Cool.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Quick Jump
rss