2012 Banner Contest

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2
Posted at 6:30 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
Bonnibel
The Sandwich King
2012 Banner Contest
It's another year and it's obvious that we're long overdue for new banners, so break out your renders and editors and start creating new fun ideas for our site's banners. I present to you All is Brawl's 2012 Banner Contest.

Everyone is more than welcome to enter the contest and submit an entry. Winners will have their banners displayed on the site and badges will be handed out to participants in recognition of the effort you'll undoubtedly be putting into your entries.

Specifics:

1. Banner must be 964x175 pixels.
2. The banner should have a color scheme that compliments/fits with the skin it is for.
3. The banner does not have to be completely Smash related (doesn't have to have the Smash Symbol everywhere/all Melee/Brawl renders etc)
4. Preferably the logo should be displayed near the middle of the banner in a decent size. You may use this logo or create your own: [click here for logo] (original, not rendered )
[click here for logo v2] (rendered and edited by Spellman)

Rules:

1. Each entrant may submit up to two entries(per skin). Once a banner is submitted, it cannot be changed.
2. The banner MUST be new work. I'd like to see what the site can do.
3. Entrants will be penalized accordingly for plagiarism, faked votes, and other inappropriate conduct.
4. The process in which the winner is decided will depend on how many entries we receive. It will most likely involve public voting as well as admin panel selection.
5. The admin panel reserves the right to rule that the banners will not be changed for this banner contest if the quality of the banners are not up to our standards.
6. Contest entry must be submitted via private message to Eklipse with “2012 Banner Contest Entry - (Skin that it is for)” as the subject by 11:59 PST on Sunday April 15th, 2012.

Resources:

Planetrenders.net – Register for a free account for access to good quality Smash character renders and other resources!

Brawl logo rendered: [click here for rendered Brawl logo]

As you work on your banner, you may post it in this thread to gather opinions from other artists.
Art District staff and Content Team members will also be offering their opinions on banners. Just PM myself or Fandangox with a work in progress banner with the subject “Banner Contest ADVICE.” We will share these with the other staff members for more constructive feedback.

EDIT: There's a new skin in the works and it just needs real banners.

Neal wants to add the "soon" to be pink skin to the banner contest. Here's a screenshot. If possible, could it be noted that the banners don't need to be just feminine (lots of hearts, flowers, bunch of images of Princess Peach, etc.). Just to be mindful that guys would like to use the skin too. Thanks.

Quote (originally posted by nealdt):
Send a screenshot to one of the people running the contest and ask them to include it. Just let them know we'll be adding it once the banners are completed.  For advanced search, yeah it's something I always meant to fix but never did. Maybe one day...

Just a general reminder, the skins that this contest is for include and ARE LIMITED TO:
Orange
Blue
Red/Black
Mewtwo
Rising Sun
Pink 

Please don't send me submissions for a skin that doesn't exist.
6:33 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
hotdogturtle
Grandmaster
hotdogturtle is a moderator in the Stadium section!hotdogturtle has provided valuable testing services for the website.hotdogturtle is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.hotdogturtle did something funny.hotdogturtle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.hotdogturtle helped a member with a problem.hotdogturtle has referred new users to the site.hotdogturtle wrote an exemplary guide.hotdogturtle wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!hotdogturtle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.hotdogturtle won a Custom Texture Contest! hotdogturtle defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!hotdogturtle won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!hotdogturtle contributed to the Stadium community.hotdogturtle has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.

Yay.
6:38 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
Carls493
Veteran
Carls493 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Carls493 helped a member with a problem.Carls493 won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

Welp, it's that time of year, again.

I'll probably join this and try something, but I should watch more tutorials since I've been slacking off.
6:40 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
Zodi
Ladder Pro
Zodi is a site ladder referee.Zodi has provided valuable testing services for the website.Zodi Fought in the Grudge Match Friday series, settled their differences with an opponent, and came out on top.Zodi helped a member with a problem.Zodi participated in the Karaoke Contest!Zodi gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.Zodi contributed to the Stadium community.

Hmmm if I have time, Ill make this site a sick old banner hehehe.
6:49 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
-MAC- Miguel
Spread the Love
-MAC- Miguel is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

YAY FINALLY I AM IN!!
6:55 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
-MAC- Miguel
Spread the Love
-MAC- Miguel is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

I want to really do a black and white theme, maybe even green, but i will see what i can fit in..that is if it is applicable.
7:20 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
Luckytime
Featured Large Artist
Luckytime did something funny.Luckytime impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Luckytime has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy. Luckytime won a Large Art of the Month contest!Luckytime won a Signature of the Week contest!

This is gonna be awesome, I'll really try to make one that looks more "banner-like" this time since I've been hearing that AiB's banners haven't been the most impressive these past few cycles.
7:29 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
SFA Wafty
Hazardous
SFA Wafty did something funny.

sounds fun! i gotta try!
7:48 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
OrangeFox
I Know Where You Live
OrangeFox has provided valuable testing services for the website.OrangeFox did something funny.OrangeFox helped a member with a problem.OrangeFox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.OrangeFox gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.OrangeFox contributed to the Stadium community.

If I knew how to make banners I would try
7:50 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
An Amiable Pyro
Friendly

Hmm, I guess i'll try if I get a good idea.
7:55 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
Pokedude

I want to try this out but I'm not good at it.
8:26 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
Aeli Bryson Delshad
Absolutely not!

I'm going to try this out, maybe.
8:33 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
Gentle
Gentle helped a member with a problem.

Oh sweet, I'm going to try too!
Just curious, how will these banners be judged? Is it by voting? Or will an admin decide? icon_surprised
9:55 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
EE Flowers
Dead Weight
EE Flowers did something funny.

I'm going to win this.
11:26 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
Fandangox
Defender
Fandangox rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Fandangox did something funny.Fandangox impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Fandangox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Fandangox has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Yes. Hell Yes.
1:44 AM Mar 10 2012 2012
Octane
He is Entertainer!!
Octane helped a member with a problem.Octane keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Octane won a Signature of the Week contest!Octane won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

Scrumptious.
1:55 AM Mar 10 2012 2012
Bonnibel
The Sandwich King
Bonnibel is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Bonnibel is a certified BAMF. Check his kill/death.Bonnibel King of sandwichesBonnibel keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Bonnibel did something funny.Bonnibel impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Bonnibel helped a member with a problem.Bonnibel won a Signature of the Week contest!

Apparently this needs clarification.

This contest is for banners on the currently existing skins.

I'm not adding a new skin.
10:08 AM Mar 10 2012 2012
ShadowGX
Happy Flight
ShadowGX watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.

I think i'll be tryin'
10:59 AM Mar 10 2012 2012
Amethia
Illusion of an absolute anonymity
Amethia has provided valuable testing services for the website.Amethia seduces the staff into getting undeserved badges. Amethia is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Amethia made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Amethia did something funny.Amethia impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Amethia helped a member with a problem.Amethia keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Amethia has referred new users to the site.Amethia wrote an exemplary guide.Amethia won a Custom Texture Contest! Amethia contributed to the Stadium community.Amethia spent way too much time obtaining the maximum score of 999,999,999 points in Brawl's All Star mode.

You should just contact Mace, since he always wins these things (and 6 of his banners are up right now)
1:31 PM Mar 10 2012 2012
Bonnibel
The Sandwich King
Bonnibel is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Bonnibel is a certified BAMF. Check his kill/death.Bonnibel King of sandwichesBonnibel keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Bonnibel did something funny.Bonnibel impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Bonnibel helped a member with a problem.Bonnibel won a Signature of the Week contest!

Or I should hold a banner contest because that's more fun than contacting a single user.
Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss