Competetive tales- - Do you use your gender to your advantage?

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3
10:50 PM Jul 8 2008 2008
PeachyAenne
Jack of All Trades
PeachyAenne mashes potatos like no other.PeachyAenne is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.PeachyAenne made significant contributions to all areas of the website!PeachyAenne did something funny.PeachyAenne has referred new users to the site.PeachyAenne wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Competetive tales-
Being female, I know males will sandbag or will not play at their best when fighting females.

Even though this is incredibly insulting and stupid, do you still use it to your advantage?

Pit is my shotalicious angel, oh yeh! <3
6:09 PM Jul 9 2008 2008
rakuen
Spread the Love
rakuen is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.rakuen did something funny.

I don't. Aura knows where I live and I'm pretty sure she's capable of killing me if I ever did. ^_^;
6:59 PM Jul 9 2008 2008
Princess Aura
Princess Aura will not go out with you. Don't try.Princess Aura rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Princess Aura is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Princess Aura impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Princess Aura has referred new users to the site.Princess Aura won a Signature of the Week contest!Princess Aura won the Pumpkin Carving Contest!

Quote (originally posted by PeachyAenne):
Being female, I know males will sandbag or will not play at their best when fighting females.

Even though this is incredibly insulting and stupid, do you still use it to your advantage?

What exactly do you mean by 'use it to your advantage'? You mean, to fool someone in a tournament as means to advance? I wouldn't say so, but if that was the case, it would be their own fault.

I don't 'use it to my advantage,' per se, but if they treat me like that and sandbag right off the bat because they immediately believe I won't be a challenge, I'll play innocent, play my best, and make them feel like an idiot in the end.

You can always tell the difference between someone sandbagging to save their true display of skills for a tournament, for example, compared to a guy sandbagging because you're a chick. The latter is actually pretty rare, but it does exist. In any case, you can usually tell the difference, and it's only insulting when they do it because you're a girl.

From my experience, even when that has happened, they learn their lesson right away, say, "oh, so you really know what you're doing," and play you like anyone else. It's just a matter of people getting over the stereotypes, because once they've learned through you, they won't do it again to any other person. These people usually aren't even very good, and the people who are very good are usually just joking around when they say sexist things because they really do know better.
8:13 PM Jul 9 2008 2008
Nezumi
Sand Crab
Nezumi rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Nezumi is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Nezumi did something funny.Nezumi impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Nezumi wrote an exemplary guide.Nezumi wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

everyone knows me, so no one ever sand bags. lol
8:50 PM Jul 12 2008 2008
DynaDASH
Almost Famous
DynaDASH impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Never happened to me, actually, people told me "women doesn't have eye-hand coordination".
People always have the "you play ok for a girl".

Much guys are really cruel.
I am the Deadly Valkyrie of Justice
2:18 PM Jul 26 2008 2008
EarthBoundEnigma
Photographer

Much guys are really cruel.
Then...

...And Now.

4:41 PM Aug 2 2008 2008
You
Record Setter
You is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

No, but it's fun to watch their reactions after you beat their faces in. :>
9:07 PM Aug 4 2008 2008
Shiken
Sage
Shiken is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

I'll only sandbag against girls if I already know theyre not very good, like for example my gf barely plays smash, and if i dont sandbag against her she'll get mad and quit playing xD

2:01 PM Aug 5 2008 2008
Foolycoolygamer
Friendly

DynaDash, i've gotten that first comment once, but it's all good though, i show em what i'm all about.
But no, i don't use it to my advantage. If we're going to fight, I want them to fight me full on, don't hold back on me or anything cutesy just because i'm a girl, cause I'll take them out quicker than you can say "supercalifragalistexpealadocious". I probably spelled that wrong, but you get the idea.

"Lock on! Spin drive SMASHER!!"-Cammy, Street Fighter Alpha 3
10:23 PM Aug 5 2008 2008
BANRYU
Architect
BANRYU won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

I have a female friend who owns neither GCN, Wii, or any of the Smash Bros. games.... yet when I invited her over to play Brawl the day I got it, after I'd spent about 4-5 hours getting the hang of Meta Knight, she still beat my sorry arse. XP I know at least one or two other girls who have considerable skill at Brawl...

I generally try to play everyone the same, regardless of gender. =0 An opponent's gender isn't really something that affects how I play. (Although I can't help being impressed if she's not only pretty, but screws me over too. XP)
3:57 AM Aug 14 2008 2008
Iketakeda
Veteran
Iketakeda is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Iketakeda has referred new users to the site.

NO matter what I will always get beaten by a female smasher. Hand down. All are created equal. But one with a higher advantage +_+..
1:02 AM Sep 7 2008 2008
Shino
People Know Me
Shino is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

Ask S.N.P. about what happened to him in Axis. Let's just say I literally brawl-ed him.
No matter how fat, no matter how annoying, no matter how stupid, how slutty, how ****ing ****ful a girl on the internet is, there will be a tribe of male virgins to defend her from any real or perceived slight.
1:59 AM Sep 7 2008 2008
SimnaStorm
Connected
SimnaStorm is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

Phht, hell no do I do that. I'm dressed like a guy most of the time, too, so... Unless my voice is unusually high that day or someone's observant, it's not even that apparent that I'm female. Or... girly female, anyway. MINDGAMEZ SON
5:48 AM Sep 21 2008 2008
_IPoD_
People Know Me

It doesnt matter i always play with full aggression but i havent played against any girls yet other than my little sister....
8:01 PM Sep 28 2008 2008
young_aya
Spread the Love
young_aya rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.young_aya is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

I didn't hold back when i played the one female gamer i did. If I hold back, it's cuz my male friends had so many pride issues, sandbagging is an uncontrollable habit
nin-nin-nin!!!
10:04 PM Oct 2 2008 2008
Jewl Echo
Virgo
Jewl Echo helped a member with a problem.

Usually when I first meet a person on Brawl, they just assume that I'm a guy because they don't know me. Then I pick Peach and they start to assume things. 50% of the time that person leaves and asks if I'm a girl. I say yes and from there on they go easy on me...

Honestly I don't need that. I think that those type or guys are just afraid of losing to girl. They had no problem losing when they thought I was a guy >.<
8:41 AM Oct 7 2008 2008
blackanese
I Gots Jokes
blackanese rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.blackanese is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.blackanese did something funny.

u know i would flash my boobies 2 win a few tourneys =]

... only if i was a chick though =]

... which im not =]
12:44 AM Oct 8 2008 2008
Princess Aura
Princess Aura will not go out with you. Don't try.Princess Aura rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Princess Aura is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Princess Aura impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Princess Aura has referred new users to the site.Princess Aura won a Signature of the Week contest!Princess Aura won the Pumpkin Carving Contest!

Lmao. That's not demeaning at all, Blackanese!
7:21 PM Oct 8 2008 2008
fallenangemon0
People Know Me

"Lmao. That's not demeaning at all, Blackanese!"

You say that like it wouldn't work!!!! XD

Oh and its not cool that you like to see our faces when you beat us and watch our balls shrivil up. ='(

*runs*
I heard you liek Mixperts.
Last edited by fallenangemon0, 7:24 PM on Oct 08, 2008
9:42 PM Oct 9 2008 2008
Jewl Echo
Virgo
Jewl Echo helped a member with a problem.

Quote (originally posted by blackanese):
u know i would flash my boobies 2 win a few tourneys =]

... only if i was a chick though =]

... which im not =]

ya know honestly, I think that would work...
not saying I'm doing that o.o
Page: 1 2 3

Quick Jump
rss