SOTW #15 ROBOTS Winners

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3
3:22 PM Aug 27 2008 2008
Black Waltz
Featured Sig Maker
Black Waltz won a Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by Stacey):
I'm gonna keep thinking the contests are rigged/biased. *points to the top 3 in stills then to Firebomb's entry* that looks rather fishy.

Yeah, I mean seriously. *points to Saberhof's entry* he deserved more points.
6:01 PM Aug 27 2008 2008
Stacey
Walking Advertisement
Stacey wrote an exemplary guide.Stacey has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.Stacey spent way too much time obtaining the maximum score of 999,999,999 points in Brawl's All Star mode.

Quote (originally posted by Black Waltz):
Yeah, I mean seriously. *points to Saberhof's entry* he deserved more points.

OMG someone sees it! *Claps for BW*
10:15 PM Aug 27 2008 2008
Crossfire
Signature Artist

personally I think Stacey's still sig was worthy of more points. That was a freaking awesome Liger Zero sig.

**Will make sigs/avi's upon request. Send me a PM or Shoutout and I'll see what I can do**
11:39 PM Aug 27 2008 2008
NightTide
Secret 'Stache of Gold
NightTide rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.NightTide is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.NightTide did something funny.NightTide impressed a staff member by doing something smart.NightTide helped a member with a problem.NightTide has referred new users to the site.NightTide wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!NightTide won a Signature of the Week contest!NightTide won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!NightTide won the 2008 Ad-Making Contest!

Not a single point for me, huh? Ah, maybe I just can't contend anymore lol. I'm glad others still like it though, thanks. icon_smile
And good job, winners...
11:54 PM Aug 27 2008 2008
Stacey
Walking Advertisement
Stacey wrote an exemplary guide.Stacey has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.Stacey spent way too much time obtaining the maximum score of 999,999,999 points in Brawl's All Star mode.

Crossfire, I can tell you why I got no points. PM me if you want to know.

Firebomb you had the best still, keep entering so I gots good competition
12:05 AM Aug 28 2008 2008
ACx7
Baller

Firebomb, yours was far to bright, it left a large empty spot to the right of the render. That is why I would not have voted for it. Although, idk why riddler got points and you didnt...

It's good, just giving my opinion.

Call of Duty is NOT just a game... It is a lifestyle.
Last edited by ACx7, 12:06 AM on Aug 28, 2008
12:06 AM Aug 28 2008 2008
LadyMartel
Virtuoso
LadyMartel has referred new users to the site.LadyMartel made significant contributions to all areas of the website!LadyMartel did something funny.LadyMartel helped a member with a problem.LadyMartel won a Signature of the Week contest!

Ack.

Sometimes there's just so many good entries... not every one of them can get points. The judges really aren't out to get anyone. Plus, even if there were one or two judges that were biased... so what? There's still 11 more judges. Since we only give points to top 1, 2 and 3, something that might be 6th or 7th best might not get any points at all.
Last edited by LadyMartel, 12:08 AM on Aug 28, 2008
12:35 AM Aug 28 2008 2008
Cornbread
Signature Artist

does anyone think my signinture any good?

D:
12:53 AM Aug 28 2008 2008
Stacey
Walking Advertisement

I'll post my reply to Martel tomorrow when I get back on my computer (wii browser stinks)
8:54 PM Aug 28 2008 2008
Eureka
Featured Sig Maker
Eureka did something funny.Eureka won a Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by grandeza):
If he deserves his custom title he has every reason to be upset.

he just needs to be mature.... thats all.

A Sound Soul Resides Within A Sound Mind and Sound Body.
8:59 PM Aug 28 2008 2008
Katsura Rap Yo
Featured Sig Maker
Katsura Rap Yo rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Katsura Rap Yo is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Katsura Rap Yo won a Signature of the Week contest!

Thank you for pointing that out Eureka...He's just very sttuborn.
9:49 PM Aug 28 2008 2008
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie
Riddle McGriddle has provided valuable testing services for the website.Riddle McGriddle wrote an exemplary guide.Riddle McGriddle did something funny.Riddle McGriddle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Riddle McGriddle helped a member with a problem.Riddle McGriddle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Riddle McGriddle won a Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by ACx7):
Firebomb, yours was far to bright, it left a large empty spot to the right of the render. That is why I would not have voted for it. Although, idk why riddler got points and you didnt...

It's good, just giving my opinion.
To be honest, I was surprised too, there were much better sigs than mine...

And it's Riddle...

[12:53:28 PM] Volke Aeno: Eklipse likes Magical boys better.
10:46 PM Aug 28 2008 2008
Royer
Signature Artist

Seriously,Stacey. Do you have any solid evidence that this contest is biase/rigged. The reason some signatures do not get any point a all, is because they was something wrong with it. Meaning it wasn't worthy of being voted on. I'm sorry if I offend anyone but that's life for you all. And stop that nonesense about biase contest because you are only making the real judges look bad. One way or another, it's their decision and you have to respect it if you don't like too bad don't enter. This is not just for stacey but for those who think that way.
12:48 AM Aug 29 2008 2008
ACx7
Baller

Quote (originally posted by Riddle):
To be honest, I was surprised too, there were much better sigs than mine...

And it's Riddle...

No no...I didnt mean that yours was not good. I just mean that yours has the same problem that Firebombs did.  I like them both...I just dont like how bright they are.

Call of Duty is NOT just a game... It is a lifestyle.
6:21 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
Stacey
Walking Advertisement

Quote (originally posted by D-Roy):
Seriously,Stacey. Do you have any solid evidence that this contest is biase/rigged. The reason some signatures do not get any point a all, is because they was something wrong with it. Meaning it wasn't worthy of being voted on. I'm sorry if I offend anyone but that's life for you all. And stop that nonesense about biase contest because you are only making the real judges look bad. One way or another, it's their decision and you have to respect it if you don't like too bad don't enter. This is not just for stacey but for those who think that way.

Can you provide me with proof it isn't rigged/biased?

My evidence is any SOTW contest Aberz has placed in, animated entries not being DQ'd for being over the file size *Cough*Aura(Even though I had no problem with this one winning because it was THAT good) and Violation*Cough*, being DQ'd for easily fixable reasons (Too long, no username), and SOTW 13.

This judging system isn't much better than people voting on the sigs. I know it was changed to this judging system because of cheating, which is actually why I joined the site to begin with, someone woulden't stop spamming a chat I went to with vote (insert letter here) so we all finalyl voted to get him to shut up.

Judging would be better if the judges were randomly picked, and entries could not have their names on them. The only person who would know who sent in each entry would be the host, who would not be a judge. That way no contestants know who is judging, and the judges don't know who has entered.

PS. Sorry for the long wait for a reply, I forgot about it lol
Last edited by Stacey, 6:22 PM on Aug 30, 2008
6:51 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
LadyMartel
Virtuoso
LadyMartel has referred new users to the site.LadyMartel made significant contributions to all areas of the website!LadyMartel did something funny.LadyMartel helped a member with a problem.LadyMartel won a Signature of the Week contest!

Can you provide me with proof it isn't rigged/biased?

My evidence is any SOTW contest Aberz has placed in, animated entries not being DQ'd for being over the file size *Cough*Aura(Even though I had no problem with this one winning because it was THAT good) and Violation*Cough*, being DQ'd for easily fixable reasons (Too long, no username), and SOTW 13.

This judging system isn't much better than people voting on the sigs. I know it was changed to this judging system because of cheating, which is actually why I joined the site to begin with, someone woulden't stop spamming a chat I went to with vote (insert letter here) so we all finalyl voted to get him to shut up.

Judging would be better if the judges were randomly picked, and entries could not have their names on them. The only person who would know who sent in each entry would be the host, who would not be a judge. That way no contestants know who is judging, and the judges don't know who has entered.

PS. Sorry for the long wait for a reply, I forgot about it lol

Innocent until proven guilty. icon_razz

Have you ever thought that perhaps Aberz has placed high simply because of his style and his skill level? Maybe that's why he became an art mod in the first place?

SOTW mods can decide to not DQ certain entries and make them exceptions. As mods, we have the power to do that. We DQ sometimes for simple, no brainier issues because we feel that no username and size issues are easily avoidable if the participants just read the rules. On the other hand, an animation file size that is too large isn't that easily fixable without cutting the animation and because of its quality, it wasn't DQ'ed.

I personally don't care either way for judging or public voting, I do think that there can be compromises made since neither system is perfect.

We used to do anonymous entries, but honestly, some people who really want to cheat will just pm all their friends to vote for them.
Last edited by LadyMartel, 6:54 PM on Aug 30, 2008
9:21 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
Violation
Featured Sig Maker
Violation did something funny.Violation won a Signature of the Week contest!

and Violation*Cough*, being DQ'd for easily fixable reasons (Too long, no username), and SOTW 13.

I was dqd?  I don't recall.  And I do believe I put my username in there.  Look carefully.  :S
9:28 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
Stacey
Walking Advertisement

Quote (originally posted by LadyMartel):
Innocent until proven guilty. icon_razz

Have you ever thought that perhaps Aberz has placed high simply because of his style and his skill level? Maybe that's why he became an art mod in the first place?

SOTW mods can decide to not DQ certain entries and make them exceptions. As mods, we have the power to do that. We DQ sometimes for simple, no brainier issues because we feel that no username and size issues are easily avoidable if the participants just read the rules. On the other hand, an animation file size that is too large isn't that easily fixable without cutting the animation and because of its quality, it wasn't DQ'ed.

I personally don't care either way for judging or public voting, I do think that there can be compromises made since neither system is perfect.

We used to do anonymous entries, but honestly, some people who really want to cheat will just pm all their friends to vote for them.

Umm no, Aberz makes really simple sigs and almsot all of the other etnries are better than his.

But there is a size limit on the animated entries, that rule suddenly does not matter? Does that mean none of the other rules matter also?

Anonoymous entries and anonymous judging makes it so you cannot cheat it because you don't know who the judges and the judges don't know who entered.

@Violation: Your animated entry was too big for this contest by 67kb.
9:32 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
Violation
Featured Sig Maker
Violation did something funny.Violation won a Signature of the Week contest!

@Violation: Your animated entry was too big for this contest by 67kb.

Out of curiosity, if you were to win, would you stop ranting about how all the SotW's are rigged?

Imo, I think its because you haven't won, that you bring this up.
9:39 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
Stacey
Walking Advertisement

Quote (originally posted by Violation):
Out of curiosity, if you were to win, would you stop ranting about how all the SotW's are rigged?

Imo, I think its because you haven't won, that you bring this up.

Actually, I woulden't because most of the time I don't deserve to win, this is the only one I've deserve to win.
This time I didn't deserve to win but someone else did.
If I win next time I'll be suspicious because it would seem like they made me win just to shut me up.
Page: 1 2 3

Quick Jump
rss