All is pokemon Checklist - This is what we need to do

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3
8:59 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
Aman13
I Have a Zombie Plan

All is pokemon Checklist
Alright, now before we appeal to Neal to get us up and running, we need to have a checklist of what we would like to get done. We may need more or less, but right now we need 4 particular things:

-General site details:

-Banner: Zolga has already created the skin for the forums and I've created icons for new posts, read, and closed. What we need now is a banner from the site.
      -Features and layout:We also need to decide which features do we want up and running (chats, Ladders, Forum layout, etc.) as well as any new features and the like (extra badges if we were to say have a legue/fronteer, a GTS, etc.).

-Content:

-Competetive dex: this is the only thing that we could skimp out and still get this going, but we still want the layout before this goes official. Anyone who is competetive at all; write up whatever you know about a poke (movesets, moves learned, etc.) and try and get this in good shape. We'd like to have some content for competetive people to sink their teeth into.

-Support:

- Tell everyone you know the good news that AiPkMn is in the works. We need suport if this ever plans to go through.
Last edited by Aman13, 9:36 PM on Feb 22, 2009
9:16 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
TehLuvdiscGuy
Smartypants
TehLuvdiscGuy rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.TehLuvdiscGuy did something funny.TehLuvdiscGuy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.TehLuvdiscGuy helped a member with a problem.

I don't think we need a dex. Serebii's or Psypoke's works great. We just need a good forum.

This is Mario!

d:§D PM me to give mario an item! (any series will work.... Brawl, kart, nsmb, smw, smb3, mario party, paper mario, etc...) Total items used: 1 Last item used: Fire Flower! Current status... Large & bringing the fire pwnage!

Be aware of what you say... It may end up in my profile....
9:26 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
XaTHU
Ho Ho Ho

The dex idea seems good. I don't think the first thing that newcomer pokemon battlers from AiB will type in Serebii, Psypokes or smogon into the address bar.
9:43 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
Aman13
I Have a Zombie Plan

I was thinking something along the lines of smogon (the strategy dex there). We'd just have to hit the FE pokes and just give possible movesets (some of which have such common movesets that you could post stuff with one hand tied behind your back). Keep in mind that this likely will be in the works long into the lifespan of AiPkMn. Also keep in mind that SWF has one, too. Are we going to take that?

This is one I've written in the past: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6295074&postcount=104 (yes I know its from SWF). That took an hour and it gives a starting point for those planing to use mamoswine in a team.
10:13 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
TehLuvdiscGuy
Smartypants
TehLuvdiscGuy rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.TehLuvdiscGuy did something funny.TehLuvdiscGuy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.TehLuvdiscGuy helped a member with a problem.

If it would be further into the lifespan of AiPkmn then I'll change my stance on it. I think it should be added but be kept at a fairly low priority.

This is Mario!

d:§D PM me to give mario an item! (any series will work.... Brawl, kart, nsmb, smw, smb3, mario party, paper mario, etc...) Total items used: 1 Last item used: Fire Flower! Current status... Large & bringing the fire pwnage!

Be aware of what you say... It may end up in my profile....
10:14 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
Aman13
I Have a Zombie Plan

I agree. It won't be the only reason people come here, but we want to be of help for those starting out in the game. Unlike brawl, it isn't a game where you can pick it up and win.
10:54 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
AssaultX
The Write Stuff
AssaultX wrote an exemplary guide.AssaultX helped a member with a problem.

I may not play competitively, but I still have a fairly good knowledge of types of strategies and pokemon (Physical/Special Sweepers, Tanks, etc.)

So, I might be able to have a decent amount of input for your competitive dex. We could have a standard dex along with it for all the casual players around.
10:57 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
Aman13
I Have a Zombie Plan

That's what I was thinking. Competetive as in movesets, casual in terms of stats, locations, moves learned, and evolution info.
11:10 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
AssaultX
The Write Stuff

Thats a nice way of putting it. Also, some features/ideas that would be cool:

-We could have a team create a few guides for certain aspects of the game and pin them in thier respective forums once the project is a bit furthur developed. A breeding guide, an EV training guide, and so on would be great. We could even post the guides in thier own tab under the banner just like the Ladder and Chat tabs. We can name it Guides or something.

-We could try posting "Pokemon of the Day" items on the homepage, a bit similarly to serebii's fashion. Except not to side and unnoticeable like serebii does it, but make it displayed on the homepage in the same fashion as the active blogs section on AiB's home.

more to come later.
11:15 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
Aman13
I Have a Zombie Plan

We have to have the top one and that's a given. Maybe also an explanation of Tiers, roles, etc.

I like the bottom one, too. It will make going through the ranks of pokes so much easier for the strategy dex.
11:23 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
AssaultX
The Write Stuff

Also question: Will the competitive dex contain a movedex and itemdex, or will they be seperate?

And here's what tabs could be in the project:

Home, Me, Forums, Ladder, Chat, Players, Tournaments, Videos, Guides, Pokedex, Fun, Support, and Search. Not too many differences imo.
11:28 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
Aman13
I Have a Zombie Plan

Really haven't gotten that far yet in the gameplan. The itemdex could be maybe a post and that would be all we need. Movedex's will be tougher, though.

Another possibility is if we combined the competetive aspects into one tab called competetive or something like that. It could also be it's own forum that is locked with exceptions to mods/special individuals.
11:30 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
BANRYU
Architect
BANRYU won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

If you guys wanna do like a competetive dex or something, I might be able to help out with that... o_o *is somewhat of a strategy guru...*

Awesome leftsig by Firebomb of AiB, awesome rightsig by Jetcell of one of many Gaming Guilds.
11:32 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
Aman13
I Have a Zombie Plan

Alright, all the help we can get is apreciated.
11:40 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
AssaultX
The Write Stuff

That's like transforming the entire Competitive Brawl board into an SBR >.>

Also, this probably won't be necessary, but we could try to have subtopics for each individual Pokemon. And I know how long that's going to take to program >.>

Itemdex can be serperated into seperate categories like how Bulbapedia does it in this category:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Held_items
11:48 PM Feb 22 2009 2009
Aman13
I Have a Zombie Plan

Well I mean like have the polished final results there like prized art behind a don't touch sign, but have another area for discusion.

Subtopics? You mean like having each poke be a forum in and of itself. I think I liked the original idea of having it be a tab better now.
12:02 AM Feb 23 2009 2009
AssaultX
The Write Stuff

That's why I said the idea wasn't exactly necessary.

12:06 AM Feb 23 2009 2009
kingofshortys
Almost Famous

Kingofshortys (10:04:01 PM): are you going to make an allispokemon?
Kingofshortys (10:04:07 PM): for the comign out of platinium?
neal yung (10:05:10 PM): jesus christ people

-_- he says he's not gonna work on it.
So give up...
12:53 AM Feb 23 2009 2009
LadyMartel
Virtuoso
LadyMartel has referred new users to the site.LadyMartel made significant contributions to all areas of the website!LadyMartel did something funny.LadyMartel helped a member with a problem.LadyMartel won a Signature of the Week contest!

pssst. Making an All is site isn't as easy as "copy and pasting" the code.

That being said, I would love to see AllisPokemon happen. ^_^ Pokemon deserves better than serebii.
8:31 AM Feb 23 2009 2009
Aman13
I Have a Zombie Plan

Quote (originally posted by LadyMartel):
pssst. Making an All is site isn't as easy as "copy and pasting" the code.

That being said, I would love to see AllisPokemon happen. ^_^ Pokemon deserves better than serebii.

True. This project is trying to cut down the effor Neal has to put in for the content to be in working order if he decides this should go through. The less effort he has to do, the more likely this will have the chance to make it.
Page: 1 2 3

Quick Jump
rss