Meet the All is Brawl staff!

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 10
12:11 AM Jan 14 2008 2008
nealdt
Bonafide
nealdt created the "All is" network, "possibly the best thing since sliced bread."nealdt passed a Tournament Host Certification test.nealdt has provided valuable testing services for the website.nealdt is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.nealdt made significant contributions to all areas of the website!nealdt did something funny.nealdt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.nealdt has referred new users to the site.nealdt wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!nealdt helped a member with a problem.nealdt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Meet the All is Brawl staff!
Hello everyone! Allow us, the All is Brawl staff, to introduce ourselves so you can get to know us better!

---------------------------------

My name is Neal -- you can call me that, "nealdt", "nealpro", "Master of the Universe", or anything else equally endearing. I joined the Smash community through Smashboards in July of 2004: having spent two years playing nonstop Smash with my college roommates, I wanted to find other players online and see if I could learn anything. Cue an introduction to world records, advanced techniques, tournaments, and a massive community... it wasn't long before I was hooked and was trying my hand at local tournaments. I played competetively for around 2 years, but then I decided the atmosphere wasn't for me. I wasn't interested in competing in tournaments so much as running them.

I ran my first tournaments -- Champ Combo: Yayuhzzz Edition and Champ Combo: NorCal edition -- in early 2006. They hit 70 and 100 participants, respectively, and helped establish my name as a tournament host. Add in some smaller bi-weekly events in SoCal, a few medium-sized tournaments, 0C2, and my own mega-tournament in Super Champ Combo, and it perhaps becomes clear why I'm considered one of the more experienced tournament hosts on the west coast.

I started making this site back in 2006, the same time I started working on tio tournament organizer. Things started slow -- at first I could only host one tournament's results at a time -- but slowly I developed what some of you may know as tia tournament archive, the predecessor to All is Brawl. tia was used primarily by the Melee tournament community as a way to upload tournament results; the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, though, gave me a good opportunity to expand tia's functionality into a full-blown Smash site, adding a ton of features that should appeal to ALL Smashers.

All is Brawl represents hundreds of hours of work by me and the rest of the staff, and we sincerely hope you enjoy your time. We believe this site is one of the most advanced community-run gaming websites anywhere, and we gift it to you, the Smash community, hoping that you'll take advantage.
Plan 9 rapes.
2:46 PM Jan 15 2008 2008
AnujSuper9
AnujSuper9 has provided valuable testing services for the website.AnujSuper9 is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

My name is Anuj, which is generally what I like to also be called. My online alias you'll often find is AnujSuper9. I've been a member of the Smash Community since the Summer of 2003 through Smashboards. At the time I was living in Austin Texas and I met up with many members of the local Community and got my first chance at playing "professionals."

It wasn't long after that that I moved back home to Ohio to OSU and found a few other Smashers through the group I created called the CGA. The Competitive Gaming Association's goal was to host, promote, and help fuel the gaming community, and being the avid Smash fan that I was, Smash Bros. was a big part of it. Soon after I found the Smashers, we formed a Crew that consisted of prominent members such as myself, Drephen, JoeBushman111, and a few others that aren't as big in the community anymore. Together, we attended many many tournaments, including many MLGs and worked our way through the ranks. I wasn't as good as some of my crew members, but I was there as we climbed the ranks.

As we got bigger and better, we got more into the community as well. I hosted my first tournament, the CGA Open in 2005 on the OSU Campus, which featured many games including Smash Melee. I had previously helped host tournaments, but this was my first instance fully hosting a tournament, and I had the help of many members of my crew in manning this operation. I then hosted my second tournament in 2006, the CGA Special.

After this time and many many MLGs later, some of our members started becoming less active. We had become acquainted with another local Columbus Crew that called themselves P.I.L (Pain Is Love), which consisted of prominent members such as Mathos, Watty, and FrenzieFool. They had additional members as well, but they too were becoming less and less involved. As our two crews became smaller and smaller, and our interest in the community didn't, we decided to form the joint crew of CoK. As the new Central Ohio Krew, we gained the respect and admiration of many Smashers, as well as received many random questions about the implications of our name... which to this day we don't understand. As a crew, we hosted three tournaments, that were all very large (CoK, COK II, and CoK111). Sadly, due to complications and business, I have yet to be able to attend a tournament of my own crew.

Referring back to this complications and business, I was graduating from school and getting ready to move from Columbus to begin my professional career. I now live in Southern California in San Diego. I came across tio/tia sometime around this time, and I was blown away by the site and the software and how far a technology like this had come. As a developer, I was more than impressed, and wanted to help in any way that I could. It is as such that I became a part of the AiB staff and am happy to be here.

We promise All is Brawl to be the best Super Smash Bros. Brawl site out there with the most comprehensive coverage and work that we can possibly bring to you. As talented and capable people we bring this to you, a resource like no other for any other gaming community out there, and this is just the beginning.
By sasabe. :)
Last edited by AnujSuper9, 1:28 PM on Feb 28, 2008
11:22 PM Feb 27 2008 2008
Eggz
Better Than You
Eggz is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Eggz did something funny.Eggz impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Eggz has referred new users to the site.Eggz wrote an exemplary guide.

Man, such a rape staff. <3 Neal and <3 Anuj
5:45 PM Mar 2 2008 2008
TerminalMontage
Featured Sig Maker
TerminalMontage won a Signature of the Week contest!

Nice site you guys got goin on here.
:D
7:30 PM Mar 7 2008 2008
plloyd02
Ready to Brawl

Cool site, really looking forward to Brawl.
10:33 PM Mar 12 2008 2008
PrinceZane
Loves to Break Stuff

Neal is my hero <3
8:24 AM Mar 16 2008 2008
linkcam

Hello everyone my online name is linkcam and I got brawl on the first day it came out and when friday came and I watched the 1up show and heard about this online site and decided to join.I was just wondering if one of the staff members could sort of tell me how this site works. icon_smile
2:25 AM Mar 19 2008 2008
AnujSuper9
AnujSuper9 has provided valuable testing services for the website.AnujSuper9 is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

Hi linkcam. Nice to meet you! Glad you found the site. You should tell your friends. icon_wink
Anyway, the site works how you'd expect! Integrated news, forums, videos, stages, chat, profiles, etc. Browse around and take a look and definitely let us know in "Site Feedback" if you have any problems. icon_smile
2:51 AM Mar 19 2008 2008
Xzax
Unstoppable
Xzax is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Xzax did something funny.Xzax helped a member with a problem.Xzax has referred new users to the site.

Hi, my names Xzax. I'm 13 I've played smash all my life but only competively since Jul of 07'. I'm a very busy person. I take all honors classes at school. I'm a running back and a defensive end for football, i also play basketball and run track for my schools team. I skate, i go to skate parks often. I love smash and thats why im here. my friends laugh at me sometimes, people say u play the game for the worng reasons but i ignore it, i love smash and the community. I'm also happy about AiB
AiB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smashboards.

o yea AiB doesnt shut down either. GG
8:12 AM Mar 21 2008 2008
roknin
Baller

Yo'. icon_smileVery new to this place obviously, but hope to learn quite a bit, improve as a Smash player, and make a positive dent in the community.I've been playing Smash since the original, but never at a competitive level. Whether I push forward into tourneys or not is uncertain at this point, but I at least would like to gain the knowledge to do so.And meet some cool people while I do. So uh, yeah... that's all I got. =p
7:28 AM Mar 22 2008 2008
kawi

hey guys saw this place on the 1up show.
hope to fight u sometime
4:37 AM Mar 23 2008 2008
Blumoon
Friendly

Hey guys. Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for putting together such a cohesive Brawl website. I just joined last week after hearing it mentioned by Gimpyfish in the 1up interview, and I look forward to some great discussion and metagame advancement!
2:01 AM Mar 24 2008 2008
bobbith00

Brilliant Site guys. joined same way Blumoon. Keep up the good work.
1:39 AM Mar 25 2008 2008
Doctor Mic
Card Seeker
Doctor Mic did something funny.Doctor Mic impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Doctor Mic helped a member with a problem.

Joined from that 1up interview as well ... damn that vid was good for publicity >_>
4:01 AM Mar 25 2008 2008
J-Nav
J-Nav has referred new users to the site.J-Nav helped a member with a problem.J-Nav won a Signature of the Week contest!

Great site nealdt & AnujSuper9.
...so you two are the admins of this site, right, & nealdt being the owner, or do both of you own it respectively?
It says under your user-names, Joined: Mar 2007. This site has been around for about a year now!?
[ My Stages | Smash Bros. Status: Retired ]
Last edited by J-Nav, 4:03 AM on Mar 25, 2008
10:28 AM Mar 27 2008 2008
.selebu
Signature Finalist

i really hope you guys can establish all is brawl as the #1 brawl site
nothing against smashboards, but you know, i kinda hate it ^^
1:17 PM Mar 27 2008 2008
nealdt
Bonafide
nealdt created the "All is" network, "possibly the best thing since sliced bread."nealdt passed a Tournament Host Certification test.nealdt has provided valuable testing services for the website.nealdt is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.nealdt made significant contributions to all areas of the website!nealdt did something funny.nealdt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.nealdt has referred new users to the site.nealdt wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!nealdt helped a member with a problem.nealdt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

J-Nav: this site used to be run as "tia tournament archive", something I made to track Smash tournaments. That was about a year ago, which is why some people have rather old join dates.
2:01 PM Mar 27 2008 2008
Squid
Popular

Quote (originally posted by .selebu):
i really hope you guys can establish all is brawl as the #1 brawl site
nothing against smashboards, but you know, i kinda hate it ^^

Smash boards is too competitive and not enough...fun!
I like this site 'cuz its so much more easy-going.

"The badness of a movie is directly proportional to the number of helicopters in it."
2:11 PM Mar 27 2008 2008
J-Nav
J-Nav has referred new users to the site.J-Nav helped a member with a problem.J-Nav won a Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by nealdt):
J-Nav: this site used to be run as "tia tournament archive", something I made to track Smash tournaments. That was about a year ago, which is why some people have rather old join dates.

Ohh, I see. Great to see you incorporated both into one. Good stuff.
[ My Stages | Smash Bros. Status: Retired ]
12:06 PM Mar 28 2008 2008
Calv

Hey im new, cool site, is Gimpyfish on here somewhere? Bowser is my favourite too icon_smile
Brawl FC - 253534299541
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 10

Quick Jump
rss