Dictionary of Werewolf Slangs and Terms - Updated whenever a new term or definition is added.

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
8:06 PM Mar 16 2009 2009
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie
Riddle McGriddle has provided valuable testing services for the website.Riddle McGriddle wrote an exemplary guide.Riddle McGriddle did something funny.Riddle McGriddle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Riddle McGriddle helped a member with a problem.Riddle McGriddle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Riddle McGriddle won a Signature of the Week contest!

Dictionary of Werewolf Slangs and Terms

• - mascot of Werewolf XIII.

• Ahur - ahur.

• Alignment - the side that a player is on. Generally wolf or innocent, occasionally some third party.

• Anti-Town - term used to describe werewolf or third-party alignments.

• Bandwagon - a mass vote upon a single player, usually resulting in said player's lynching due to bandwagons being hard to break or reverse.

• Bandwagoning - the act of joining a bandwagon.

• "Big Three" - a term used to refer to Sprite, Dacidbro, and Riddle collectively. These three players are known for their intelligence and often play a big role in the day's lynching, due to their opinions (and votes) being highly respected and observed.

• Deadline - the time at which a given Day Phase or Night Phase will end, regardless of whether players have finished voting or whether all players have sent their night actions in. Most often, there are consequences for not meeting a deadline.

• Deadline Stalling -

• Defense Lynch - lynching a player for defending another player. Seen frequently in games barring outside communication; defending a player looks like the two players have contact, although this may not always be the case.

• Doromac- a mislynch of a pro-town player who was a newcomer to werewolf, and consequently made errors that seemed to tell werewolf.

• "For Bro!" - a phrase coined during the endgame storyboards of Werewolf V by Reapers Charlie (obachuka) and Ollie (ook) as a pseudo-battlecry to avenge their lost Harrier friend, Bro (Dacidbro), after the Taboo Noise John (Sprite) killed during the prior night phase. The phrase was seen as inspirational to the players and escalated to the level of a meme among the General Silliness boards, especially to Werewolf players.

• FUD - "Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt". A general term for the lies and misinformation spread by the wolves to cause the Town to make mistakes.

• Host - also referred to as the Moderator or Narrator, this is the person that runs a Werewolf game. Tasks include handing out roles, writing stories, receiving night actions, and moderating the game to make sure things run accordingly. This job has usually been handled by one person in the past, however, it does not have to be run by a single person. Two people can moderate a game simultaneously be dividing up the tasks among each other.

• Innocent - see: Pro-Town

• Lynch - the act of voting to kill a player during the day phase. This is the only methods for townies to eliminate wolves and ultimately win the game if no Vigilante is present.

• Majority Vote - a voting basis that requires more than half of all players in the game to vote in favor of a lynch in order for it to be passed. Lynches usually requires a majority vote, as opposed to a plurality vote. Compare: Plurality Vote.

• Modkill - the act of killing a player due to inactivity, idiocy, or rule-breaking. Can be done in whatever manner deemed necessary by the narrator. First threatened to be used on Master Hoff (now Zetta Hoff) for rule-breaking and first used upon Loogiesquared for playing like an idiot.

• Mindgames - psychological assaults committed by a player trying to trick another player into believing some fact or evidence. Used best by Sprite.

• Plant Bait - a player that has been a victim of the Plant's action multiple times, the most notorious of these players being Wherewolf.

• Plurality Vote - voting basis that requires a candidate to simply have the most votes of other player's, in comparison to other candidates, in order to be lynched.

• ProTown - refers to players that do not have a werewolf or third-party alignment.

• "Pulling a 180" - the act of starting a bandwagon for a random player, typically to be used as a scapegoat, and then observing the consequential actions of other players. This is usually used to find a real werewolf among the players, especially on the first day. If a real wolf is detected, the player that started the original bandwagon will then change his vote to the suspected wolf and attempt to start a bandwagon for said suspect. This strategy is often applied by the player Sprite.

• Shinarouji Defense - the act of not defending oneself in any manner when being bandwagoned upon. First started by Shinarouji in Werewolf VV-1.

• Sprite Defense - the act of defending oneself with the argument that the player cannot be convicted for their role in past game, because it's more likely that the player will not have that role. First used by Sprite in Werewolf IIII.

• Sprite Mindrape - Sprite's intense use of mindgames on a single player. Most people have been mindraped by Sprite to the point where they willingly follow his decisions blindly.

• Storyboard - also referred to as a Narrative, the method of detailing the events of the day or night during werewolf, often a story written in whatever format the moderator chooses. Used to detail events during the day or night as well as reveal role (or sometimes alignments) in werewolf.

• Substitute - a person who takes the place of another player in the game who was unable to participate adequately.

• Support - a type of role that is aligned with werewolves, but are not involved with their killings and may or may not count toward the werewolves' majority count in the Town.

• Tizocing - the act of voting for a player because that player voted for the user of this defense. First used by Tizoc in Werewolf VI.

• Tizoc Offense - the act of voting for a player and aggressively arguing for others to lynch that player in an attempt to make it look like the user of the Tizoc Offense had detected that player. Usually based around a "gut" feeling, this tactic was first used by Tizoc.

• Tizoc Stalemate - results when all players vote for the player who had voted for them; this causes the game to run slowly, and can be difficult to break.

• Townie - a player with no special night actions or abilities. 

• Trigger - The action that leads to the activation of a trigger role. The most common form is a keyword that activates the role upon someone's use of said lexicon.

• Wall of Evidence (WoE) - a massive wall of reasonings as to why lynch a specific person. Ranges from a few paragraphs to a few pages. No survivors to this date.

• Whiner's Defense-the defensive argument in which a player states that he is "innocent" because he cannot defend himself in a better way and hopes that other players will believe his claim. Generally used as a last resort for desperate, newer players.

• Zombies - players that frequently and blindly agree with other players while contributing little themselves, and frequently follow bandwagons. Prominently known to follow Sprite or Dacid.

Feel free to suggest more.

[12:53:28 PM] Volke Aeno: Eklipse likes Magical boys better.
Last edited by The Jort, 4:05 PM on Jan 17, 2010
8:11 PM Mar 16 2009 2009
Sprite McFlight
Honorably Discharged
Sprite McFlight comes from the sunny shores of Isle Delfino.Sprite McFlight keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Sprite McFlight wrote an exemplary guide.Sprite McFlight did something funny.Sprite McFlight impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Sprite McFlight helped a member with a problem.

Go yourself.
I didn't make it, sadly. ];
8:12 PM Mar 16 2009 2009
TehLuvdiscGuy
Smartypants
TehLuvdiscGuy rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.TehLuvdiscGuy did something funny.TehLuvdiscGuy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.TehLuvdiscGuy helped a member with a problem.

Whiner defense? D=< Lol. At least name it the TBG defence since I use it so often.

This is Mario!

d:§D PM me to give mario an item! (any series will work.... Brawl, kart, nsmb, smw, smb3, mario party, paper mario, etc...) Total items used: 1 Last item used: Fire Flower! Current status... Large & bringing the fire pwnage!

Be aware of what you say... It may end up in my profile....
8:13 PM Mar 16 2009 2009
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie
Riddle McGriddle has provided valuable testing services for the website.Riddle McGriddle wrote an exemplary guide.Riddle McGriddle did something funny.Riddle McGriddle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Riddle McGriddle helped a member with a problem.Riddle McGriddle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Riddle McGriddle won a Signature of the Week contest!

You're not the only one to use it, nor have you used it first. I've used it myself and I've seen people use it way before you. Since it's so popular and seems almost whiny, I'm calling it the Whiner Defense.

9:06 PM Mar 16 2009 2009
Dr. Watermelon Kirby
MS Pictomancer
Dr. Watermelon Kirby is the site's one and only MS Paint Qwest artist!Dr. Watermelon Kirby keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Dr. Watermelon Kirby did something funny.Dr. Watermelon Kirby impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Dr. Watermelon Kirby helped a member with a problem.Dr. Watermelon Kirby won a Signature of the Week contest!

I've used the whiner defense in a sincere way. I ended up not getting lynched.

The werewolves got me!

werewolves.
9:45 PM Mar 16 2009 2009
Kuru McGuru
He is Entertainer!!
Kuru McGuru did something funny.Kuru McGuru keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

what about mindgamez?

and defense lynch
ending up getting lynched for defending someone suspected
9:54 PM Mar 16 2009 2009
Obachuka Kirby
Obachuka Kirby did something funny.Obachuka Kirby impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Obachuka Kirby helped a member with a problem.

Plant Bait - to be planted a ridiculously amount of times. Used mostly exclusively for Wherewolf.
You Got Mindraped By Sprite - self-explanatory
10:02 PM Mar 16 2009 2009
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

Defense lynch would be describing a strategy, not particularly a term, but I'll add it.

And I completely forgot about Plant Bait the third time I wrote this (don't ask why I wrote it three times).

And yeah, I do have to add Sprite Mindrape.

10:18 PM Mar 16 2009 2009
Wherewolf
Scavenger
Wherewolf is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Wherewolf did something funny.Wherewolf impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Wherewolf contributed to the Stadium community.

Plant Bait should be only me =P No one can take my name! It's all I have!
10:20 PM Mar 16 2009 2009
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

If I were doing that, I'd be providing nicknames for every player as a term and nicknames change. Sometimes.

10:32 AM Mar 17 2009 2009
Eki
Spread the Love
Eki did something funny.Eki impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Eki helped a member with a problem.

Watermelon Kirby - Synonym for 'lynched', 'victim', or simply a person who, sooner or later, will end up dead in some way.
kolasås ㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛
1:55 PM Mar 17 2009 2009
Jizzy T

I'd like to point out I have yet to actually use the Tizoc defense.

Riddledit: I'd like to point out blatant shenanigans in this post. You've used it at least twice on me alone.
Last edited by Riddle McGriddle, 6:07 PM on Mar 17, 2009
3:44 PM Mar 17 2009 2009
Kuru McGuru
He is Entertainer!!
Kuru McGuru did something funny.Kuru McGuru keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Quote (originally posted by Eki):
Watermelon Kirby - Synonym for 'lynched', 'victim', or simply a person who, sooner or later, will end up dead in some way.

Thats sort of true =o

heck i tried to save him in werewolf 3

and I got lynched

and so did he >.>

But dacid actually died more then melonkirbs

heck i think i died as much a s melonkirbs icon_eh2
6:08 PM Mar 17 2009 2009
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

They're ti-...no, wait, as of now, Dacid has died more than Melonkirbs. If Melonkirbs dies by the end of Werewolf VIII, then they will still have died the same amount.

8:58 PM Mar 17 2009 2009
Jizzy T

Quote (originally posted by Tizoc):
I'd like to point out I have yet to actually use the Tizoc defense.

Riddledit: I'd like to point out blatant shenanigans in this post. You've used it at least twice on me alone.

Whether or not you believe me, I really suspected you as a wolf.
And that only happened once.lol
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Dizzy T (The Original)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬Plan 9- id **** that english gazelle▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬Eklipse- I love it when you post.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬Qwertyuiop- Dizzy drinks T.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬Dacidbro- hey dont call Dizzy a goony, he's my British friend. :[▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
12:02 AM Mar 18 2009 2009
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

Well, fine, you did it to me once. icon_razz

12:06 AM Mar 18 2009 2009
Dr. Watermelon Kirby
MS Pictomancer
Dr. Watermelon Kirby is the site's one and only MS Paint Qwest artist!Dr. Watermelon Kirby keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Dr. Watermelon Kirby did something funny.Dr. Watermelon Kirby impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Dr. Watermelon Kirby helped a member with a problem.Dr. Watermelon Kirby won a Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by Eki):

The truth hurts.

Quote (originally posted by Riddle):
They're ti-...no, wait, as of now, Dacid has died more than Melonkirbs. If Melonkirbs dies by the end of Werewolf VIII, then they will still have died the same amount.

I will be the victor in death.
Last edited by Dr. Watermelon Kirby, 12:06 AM on Mar 18, 2009
12:06 AM Mar 18 2009 2009
TehLuvdiscGuy
Smartypants
TehLuvdiscGuy rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.TehLuvdiscGuy did something funny.TehLuvdiscGuy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.TehLuvdiscGuy helped a member with a problem.

Come on. I deserve to have it named after me. I've used it in at least 3 different games and I pulled it off to kill you.

This is Mario!

d:§D PM me to give mario an item! (any series will work.... Brawl, kart, nsmb, smw, smb3, mario party, paper mario, etc...) Total items used: 1 Last item used: Fire Flower! Current status... Large & bringing the fire pwnage!

12:27 AM Mar 18 2009 2009
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

Aha, I'm sure the Whiner's Defense was the last thing that killed me, TBG. Also, no, I've used it once, I've seen others use it as early as Werewolf I. There's no reason to name it after you, since everybody's probably used it once in their career. Making it a habit doesn't change it, I'm still calling it the Whiner's Defense.

12:33 AM Mar 18 2009 2009
TehLuvdiscGuy
Smartypants

True, but I've used it the most and I pulled it off. At least put something in the desc. about how I use it a lot.

This is Mario!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Quick Jump
rss