Adding new characters to brawl - Currently just a concept topic

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2
1:28 PM Jun 27 2009 2009
E.Nigma
The Grand Funk Master of all Get Out.
E.Nigma has provided valuable testing services for the website.E.Nigma doth crush dreams.E.Nigma is Mewtwo.E.Nigma is Dr. Cain's only mistake.E.Nigma keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.E.Nigma has referred new users to the site.E.Nigma wrote an exemplary guide.E.Nigma wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!E.Nigma made significant contributions to all areas of the website!E.Nigma did something funny.E.Nigma impressed a staff member by doing something smart.E.Nigma helped a member with a problem.E.Nigma gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.E.Nigma contributed to the Stadium community.

Adding new characters to brawl
With the coming of .dae to .brres file converter on the verge of being released, i figured I'd post this here for discussion purposes.

The .dae to .brres converter is used to convert model data into brawl model data, allowing you to insert new models for characters or modify their pre-existing model if you can extract the old one.

At the moment the project is still unfinished, but its coming soon. Illinialex (spell check) discussed it wtih me yesterday and at first I wasn't so much impressed by what was being created but then i came across a concept that I rather liked...

baby mario:

Discuss model hacking please :d
1:46 PM Jun 27 2009 2009
Volke Aeno
Defender
Volke Aeno is a moderator.Volke Aeno wrote an exemplary guide.Volke Aeno wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!Volke Aeno did something funny.Volke Aeno impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Volke Aeno helped a member with a problem.Volke Aeno keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Volke Aeno helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Volke Aeno defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Volke Aeno overcame every obstacle and bested the site's Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!Volke Aeno won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

I was thinking that the Baby Mario Bros. would be on a team together, but that's a little off topic...

Model Hacking's not perfect yet, but this is definitely something to look forward to when it's working as well as textures. That and move hacking would allow for character creation for Brawl. That would be truly epic.

10/10 moderating skills.
2:51 PM Jun 27 2009 2009
Wherewolf
Scavenger
Wherewolf is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Wherewolf did something funny.Wherewolf impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Wherewolf contributed to the Stadium community.

For anyone wondering, Elite Smash Hackers made that. They've also made things like Bowser Jr., Pichu, and Pit with enormous wings.
3:07 PM Jun 27 2009 2009
illinialex24
Videographer
illinialex24 wrote an exemplary guide.illinialex24 did something funny.

Yeah, the .dae to .brres converter isn't out yet, Pharrox has had issues with his beta but he has successfully reinserted an unedited model back into a Brawl support file. Right now model swaps are based off just taking a .dae and replacing it with another one, while soon you will be able to make your own custom models if we are lucky.

I'm waiting for crown puff icon_smile

Oh and btw, the spell checks correct lol.
3:46 PM Jun 27 2009 2009
Drynster
The Best Team Money Can Buy
Drynster rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Drynster impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Drynster helped a member with a problem.

I'm intrigued tell me more.
4:33 PM Jun 27 2009 2009
Steve Aoki
Steve Aoki is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

what are the chances of this be implemented in the final version of Brawl+?
4:43 PM Jun 27 2009 2009
iSpiN
Forest Sage
iSpiN never underestimated the power of the scout's code. iSpiN has provided valuable testing services for the website.iSpiN is addicted to the melody of the woods.iSpiN keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.iSpiN has referred new users to the site.iSpiN wrote an exemplary guide.iSpiN wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!iSpiN did something funny.iSpiN impressed a staff member by doing something smart.iSpiN helped a member with a problem.iSpiN has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Don't we only have a limited number of spots available to use? I thought it was like 4-5.
4:51 PM Jun 27 2009 2009
Pretty Princess Pony Rarity
Lord of the Rings

Quote (originally posted by iSpiN):
Don't we only have a limited number of spots available to use? I thought it was like 4-5.

Well. I guess then you'd have to only use so many textures or models for your characters. :l Doesn't having too many codes make the game run a little slower or something like that anyway? I'm not sure.
7:10 AM Jun 28 2009 2009
Tony_Knightcrawler

The SD card loader could theoretically also replace sections of code, meaning you wouldn't have to run codes from memory for new moves/characters. And possibly you could exceed the number of characters in Brawl + the ones that were cut. But that'd be a heck of a project (not as hard as what Pharrox is already doing IMO, but what do I know? :-P).
My road, my journey
7:38 AM Jun 28 2009 2009
Super Sonicbowling
Bug Squasher
Super Sonicbowling has provided valuable testing services for the website.Super Sonicbowling rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Super Sonicbowling impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Super Sonicbowling helped a member with a problem.

Quote (originally posted by Scribblewolf):
For anyone wondering, Elite Smash Hackers made that. They've also made things like Bowser Jr., Pichu, and Pit with enormous wings.

Really?!

By Monocle Cat! Thanks alot Mono. icon_smile By SG16! thanks!

This is my signature.
11:24 AM Jun 28 2009 2009
Qwertyuiop
Ballot Stuffer
Qwertyuiop did something funny.Qwertyuiop impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

This is gangster.

Someone try making Dialga. Now.

(Edit)
well, yea, once this is released
Last edited by Qwertyuiop, 11:35 AM on Jun 28, 2009
11:46 AM Jun 28 2009 2009
Wherewolf
Scavenger
Wherewolf is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Wherewolf did something funny.Wherewolf impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Wherewolf contributed to the Stadium community.

More of ESH's 'model hacks' (resizing body parts)

(Female) Pichu

Comparison to... Wolf...

---------------------------------------------------------

Bowser Jr.

Comparison to normal Bowser

Giant Wings Pit (no actual name yet...)

Comparison to normal Pit

Mewtwo

Comparison to normal Lucario

Baby Mario (Marvin's texture v2)

Baby Mario with Yoshi
To right the countless wrongs of our day,
we shine the light of true redemption,
that this place may become a paradise.
Oh what a wonderful world such would be...

Spriteflora: Tee hee! ^.^
11:47 AM Jun 28 2009 2009
Wherewolf
Scavenger

Quote (originally posted by qwertyuiop):
This is gangster.

Someone try making Dialga. Now.

(Edit)
well, yea, once this is released
The textures and codes for these are released, but not the true model editing.

4:08 PM Jun 28 2009 2009
illinialex24
Videographer

Yeah, Pharrox is working on his beta for .dae to .mdl0 or .brres converter. Can't wait for the release icon_smile
7:21 PM Jun 28 2009 2009
Wherewolf
Scavenger

Illinialex, how would we give movesets to these new models?
8:17 PM Jun 28 2009 2009
Drynster
The Best Team Money Can Buy
Drynster rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Drynster impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Drynster helped a member with a problem.

the same way they change movesets in brawl+ i assume.
8:54 PM Jun 28 2009 2009
ReyKA

Wow... that looks just like Baby Mario.
9:20 PM Jun 28 2009 2009
Wherewolf
Scavenger

Quote (originally posted by Drynster):
the same way they change movesets in brawl+ i assume.
But new models wouldn't line up with every move. Some things would look awkward.

8:58 PM Jun 29 2009 2009
E.Nigma
The Grand Funk Master of all Get Out.
E.Nigma has provided valuable testing services for the website.E.Nigma doth crush dreams.E.Nigma is Mewtwo.E.Nigma is Dr. Cain's only mistake.E.Nigma keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.E.Nigma has referred new users to the site.E.Nigma wrote an exemplary guide.E.Nigma wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!E.Nigma made significant contributions to all areas of the website!E.Nigma did something funny.E.Nigma impressed a staff member by doing something smart.E.Nigma helped a member with a problem.E.Nigma gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.E.Nigma contributed to the Stadium community.

at the moment it would just be changing models then moving the hitboxes or changing the hitbox priorities, then speeding up or slowing down the animations currently available to make them seem "new" - adding all new moves and animations would take much more then a simple (lol @ simple) model swap.

That's gonna be a while off in the future, if it ever even happens. that's the reason why i called this a "concept" topic.

along with new animations, hitboxes, etc; we'd need new sounds and stuff too. Baby Mario more then likely has the same sound effects as adult mario, if im not mistaken, since he's just a model and hotbox mod.
9:57 PM Jun 29 2009 2009
illinialex24
Videographer

Quote (originally posted by Scribblewolf):
But new models wouldn't line up with every move. Some things would look awkward.

Its hard, the only way to change a move at the moment has been to give it an attribute to an item of sorts, kinda of how they made rest or Ike's fire sword, or do hitbox modifiers, like Doctor Mario.
Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss