Do Ice Climbers counter Olimar? - Ice Climbers VS Olimar

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1
9:44 PM Aug 28 2009 2009
AxcelTheBrawler
Helpful
AxcelTheBrawler impressed a staff member by doing something smart.AxcelTheBrawler helped a member with a problem.

Do Ice Climbers counter Olimar?
I was doing some research today on whether ICs are a good counterpick against olimar. I figured since most Olis,I'v fought,like to grab,the other IC could free the partner. The ICs can also chaingrab Oli to an easy chain spike and since he has to tether in order to recover he is easily killed. Not to mention the Ice Climbers Forward-B and Down-B are good for approaching or setting Oli up for a  chain grab.

But what do you IC users think,should I use the ICs for fighting Olimars?
Quotes from SmashMods.com
Quote (originally posted by 'TheDevicer' pid='71872' dateline='1337423501'):

Screw "Everything is subject to change", the official slogan should be something like "Trust me, it's identical".

Referring to Captain Falcon's D-air beating samus' missiles.
Quote (originally posted by 'B.W.' pid='95282' dateline='1347840827'):

He's Captain Falcon. He doesn't give a **** about anything. Missiles, rocks, he doesn't know the difference.
9:54 PM Aug 28 2009 2009
vVv Cheese
Best GW in the MW
vVv Cheese will 0-death you. No johns.vVv Cheese passed a Tournament Host Certification test.vVv Cheese has provided valuable testing services for the website.vVv Cheese does nothing but chaingrab. Seriously.vVv Cheese is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.vVv Cheese made significant contributions to all areas of the website!vVv Cheese did something funny.vVv Cheese impressed a staff member by doing something smart.vVv Cheese has referred new users to the site.vVv Cheese wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!vVv Cheese helped a member with a problem.vVv Cheese keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.vVv Cheese contributed to the Stadium community.

Ice climbers obliterate Olimar. Desynched blizzards give him a hell of a time. Never CG to spike, btw, just CG to usmash, people tech the spike.
10:54 PM Aug 28 2009 2009
table

Yeah desynched blizzards can screw up Olimar pretty hard.

But I wouldn't learn the ICs for just one matchup. They do have a really high learning curve.
11:34 PM Aug 28 2009 2009
Praxis
Presidentially Peachy
Praxis is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Praxis did something funny.Praxis impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Praxis has referred new users to the site.Praxis wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!Praxis was elected the vice president of 2008!

Pick up Peach or Luigi for Olimar. lolol
12:46 PM Aug 29 2009 2009
AxcelTheBrawler
Helpful
AxcelTheBrawler impressed a staff member by doing something smart.AxcelTheBrawler helped a member with a problem.

Thanks for the help peoples. I now can CG with Ice Climbers thanks to Cheese's chain grab thread. and thanks for warning me about Ppl teching their chain spike. I see why is better to Usmash Oli because he's so lightweight. Don't worry I use the IC for CFalcon,Lucas,Ike(may he burn),falco,Fox,and Kirby so I use them for a variety of reason's.

Ice Climbers FTW.
12:26 AM Sep 26 2009 2009
Some idiot dissed Vaporeon so he
Unstoppable

I agree with Cheese but oli online is tough. IMO
4:21 PM Sep 26 2009 2009
vVv Cheese
Best GW in the MW
vVv Cheese will 0-death you. No johns.vVv Cheese passed a Tournament Host Certification test.vVv Cheese has provided valuable testing services for the website.vVv Cheese does nothing but chaingrab. Seriously.vVv Cheese is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.vVv Cheese made significant contributions to all areas of the website!vVv Cheese did something funny.vVv Cheese impressed a staff member by doing something smart.vVv Cheese has referred new users to the site.vVv Cheese wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!vVv Cheese helped a member with a problem.vVv Cheese keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.vVv Cheese contributed to the Stadium community.

Oli online is stupidly tough.
10:26 PM Sep 26 2009 2009
AxcelTheBrawler
Helpful

indeed. He's a grab machine and I hate it.
Page: 1

Quick Jump
rss