Enchantress of Time - Zelda Social Thread - Current Topic:

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 · 11 425
3:03 AM Jun 12 2010 2010
Linkz
Master of Farore's Wind
Linkz never really dies, even when his hearts run out.Linkz has provided valuable testing services for the website.Linkz rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Linkz watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Linkz mastered the art of Farore's Wind. This crest is proof that the Goddess of Courage herself acknowledges this accomplishment.Linkz is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Linkz did something funny.Linkz impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Linkz helped a member with a problem.Linkz has referred new users to the site.Linkz helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Linkz never really dies, even when his hearts run out.Linkz contributed to the Stadium community.

Enchantress of Time - Zelda Social Thread
It's a new age here on the Zelda boards, and with that new age comes a new social thread. That's right, to symbolize the rebirth of the Zelda boards, I feel a new social thread is required. Sparkle Fantastic symbolizes our dark past, a time in which we seldom had activity here, we can no longer use it. Out with the old and in with the new right? In order to keep things up to date as well as people returning to the boards, each week or series of weeks we'll have a new topic to talk about. Sometimes the topics will pertain to events happening here on the boards, sometimes they'll be complete random stuff. We wanna keep things exciting after all! Now remember, this is our social board, basically anything within the rules of AIB goes on this thread, so you can stray from the topic all you want. The topic is really there just as a guiding incentive. The topic will always be posted here on the OP. New to the boards? Feel free to introduce yourself here as well! We don't bite! So, without further ado, the hour of the grand opening of our new social board is here! Let's go!

Current Topic

TBA

Zelda Social Chatroom
We now have a chatroom available for the Zelda Boards! What can this room be used for you ask? Well, it can be used for just about anything! Drop by the chatroom sometime and have a live talk with some of your fellow Zelda mains, and maybe some non-Zelda people as well! Come one come all!
A special thanks goes out to Mocha for creating this chatroom for us in the first place. ^^
Take Me to the Magic!

Countdown to Project Activeness!
As it currently stands, we are the SECOND most active character board. Our overall goal is to (at least) become the 2nd most active character board, and in order to achieve that goal, I'm going to keep track of where we are right here. These are the boards currently ahead of us:

1st) Link
2nd) Ike
3rd) Martha

We've succeeded in surpassing the Ike Boards! We are now the overall 2nd most active character board on AIB!! Congratulations guys! Keep up the good work! Let's give the Link Boards some competition! >=D
When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
Last edited by Linkz, 2:14 AM on Jun 25, 2012
3:11 AM Jun 12 2010 2010
Clammbon
Spread the Love
Clammbon did something funny.

lol...
10:44 AM Jun 12 2010 2010
Xancalidon

how do i get my first ladder win?
11:17 AM Jun 12 2010 2010
- L -
People Know Me

I´d like to help with the match up list.
About me: Zelda/Sheik player very known in Germany and one of the best players in Germany, actually im doing very good at that online ladder and my goal are the playoffs
11:37 AM Jun 12 2010 2010
K to the ate
Fantastic Fashionist
K to the ate rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.K to the ate did something funny.K to the ate participated in the Karaoke Contest!

In my opinion the match up thread should be something like this:

Characters are assigned a few days or a week or so, then when the talk ends, The ratio we come up with is posted along with that character on the OP of the thread, and a little review of the talk is posted too, like quotes from people who said something important about the match up etc. Then, maybe a little bit of frame data?

If you guys have trouble picturing this, think of something like this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178193

This way, it's much more organized instead of having a bunch of loose threads around.
11:59 PM Jun 12 2010 2010
Linkz
Master of Farore's Wind
Linkz never really dies, even when his hearts run out.Linkz has provided valuable testing services for the website.Linkz rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Linkz watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Linkz mastered the art of Farore's Wind. This crest is proof that the Goddess of Courage herself acknowledges this accomplishment.Linkz is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Linkz did something funny.Linkz impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Linkz helped a member with a problem.Linkz has referred new users to the site.Linkz helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Linkz never really dies, even when his hearts run out.Linkz contributed to the Stadium community.

Quote (originally posted by Xancalidon):
how do i get my first ladder win?

If this is your first ladder, I'd suggest taking it slow and playing people who use characters you know you don't have MU problems with. Just take it easy and familiarize yourself with the ladder.

Quote (originally posted by - L -):
I´d like to help with the match up list.
About
me: Zelda/Sheik player very known in Germany and one of the best
players in Germany, actually im doing very good at that online ladder
and my goal are the playoffs

Alright, so another person that wishes to help out with MU discussions. Hmm...maybe you and Auree could team up?

Quote (originally posted by K to the ate):
In my opinion the match up thread should be something like this:

Characters
are assigned a few days or a week or so, then when the talk ends, The
ratio we come up with is posted along with that character on the OP of
the thread, and a little review of the talk is posted too, like quotes
from people who said something important about the match up etc. Then,
maybe a little bit of frame data?

If you guys have trouble picturing this, think of something like this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178193

This way, it's much more organized instead of having a bunch of loose threads around.

Huh, that's an interesting way of doing it, but I like it. I wouldn't mind having something like that here.
When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
8:31 PM Jun 13 2010 2010
Hylian Auree
Tank

Hmmm, interesting Kate.
I wouldn't mind adapting my own style to that.
So I guess you guys are fine with me taking over the match-up discussions?
Last edited by Hylian Auree, 9:40 PM on Jun 13, 2010
8:51 PM Jun 13 2010 2010
Linkz
Master of Farore's Wind

As it currently stands, no one seems to be in opposition to you taking care of MU discussions. If everyone is ok with it by Tuesday night, I say the job is officially yours Auree.
8:14 PM Jun 14 2010 2010
Linkz
Master of Farore's Wind

Well, while we're still deciding who will be in charge of matchup discussions (currently still looks like Auree), I think we should decide which MUs we will discuss next. Should we pick a brand new character to discuss, or should we maybe go back and reopen discussion on someone we already talked about? Those discussions are pretty old, and not much insight was given on them. What do you guys think? Maybe we can take a vote to see how we proceed from this point? Let's hear some opinions!
8:15 PM Jun 14 2010 2010
LordXav1er
Unstoppable
LordXav1er is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

Discuss the ditto
8:29 PM Jun 14 2010 2010
Linkz
Master of Farore's Wind

Hmm, I completely forgot the Zelda matchup. I personally think this would be a good starting point, since I know a lot of Zelda users have ditto issues for some reason. Zelda and Sheik would probably be the best MUs to do first, since we should know ourselves before trying to know others. Just my opinion though.
8:32 PM Jun 14 2010 2010
LordXav1er
Unstoppable

I was just trolling tho
8:38 PM Jun 14 2010 2010
Linkz
Master of Farore's Wind

Looks like your trolling ended up being useful then. XD
8:41 PM Jun 14 2010 2010
LordXav1er
Unstoppable

Aww ****!
8:47 PM Jun 14 2010 2010
Linkz
Master of Farore's Wind

You fail as a troll. =D
10:24 PM Jun 14 2010 2010
LordXav1er
Unstoppable

Thats not what your mom said
10:50 PM Jun 14 2010 2010
Hylian Auree
Tank

Quote (originally posted by Linkz):
Well, while we're still deciding who will be in charge of matchup discussions (currently still looks like Auree), I think we should decide which MUs we will discuss next. Should we pick a brand new character to discuss, or should we maybe go back and reopen discussion on someone we already talked about? Those discussions are pretty old, and not much insight was given on them. What do you guys think? Maybe we can take a vote to see how we proceed from this point? Let's hear some opinions!

What I was planning on is to create a main match-up thread (like you guys suggested), on which the Zeldas can decide and vote on the next match-up. I was thinking of starting generically and putting up the Meta Knight match-up as an initiation discussion to get things running. Later on, it'd be up to the Zeldas to decide which match-up they'd like to see next.
10:53 PM Jun 14 2010 2010
Clammbon
Spread the Love

Still lol.
11:08 PM Jun 14 2010 2010
Linkz
Master of Farore's Wind

Quote (originally posted by LordXav1er):
Thats not what your mom said

You don't know my mom.

Quote (originally posted by Auree):
What I was planning on is to create a main
match-up thread (like you guys suggested), on which the Zeldas can
decide and vote on the next match-up. I was thinking of starting
generically and putting up the Meta Knight match-up as an initiation
discussion to get things running. Later on, it'd be up to the Zeldas to
decide which match-up they'd like to see next.

Do you plan on doing it like Kate suggested? Or just 1 thread in general?
And as for your MK discussion, are you gonna use the one you posted on the BFC Zelda Boards? That one was pretty good.

Quote (originally posted by Rain.):
Still lol.

I wanna laugh too ._.
12:08 AM Jun 15 2010 2010
Clammbon
Spread the Love

lol.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 · 11 425

Quick Jump
rss