5:32 PM Jul 26 2010 2010
Dreem

2010 NFL Season Discussion
http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2010-REG&split=Overall
Last edited by Dreem, 11:51 PM on Oct 21, 2010
12:57 AM Jul 27 2010 2010
Mood4food77
Baller
Mood4food77 did something funny.Mood4food77 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Mood4food77 is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

NFC West:
1. 49ers (10-6)
2. Cardinals (8-8)
3. Seahawks (6-10)
4. Rams (3-13)

AFC West:
1. Chargers (11-5)
2. Raiders (7-9)
3. Cheifs (5-11)
4. Broncos (5-11)
2:39 PM Jul 27 2010 2010
Dreem

NFC West:
49ers (9-7)
Cardinals (7-9)
Seahawks (6-10)
Rams (2-14)

AFC West
Chargers 11-5
Raiders 8-8
Broncos 7-9
Cheifs 6-10

I see the Broncos starting good again. Then failing at the end.
10:43 PM Jul 27 2010 2010
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie
Riddle McGriddle has provided valuable testing services for the All is Brawl website.Riddle McGriddle has written an exemplary guide on the All is Brawl forum.Riddle McGriddle did something funny.Riddle McGriddle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Riddle McGriddle helped an All is Brawl member with a problem.Riddle McGriddle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Riddle McGriddle won an All is Brawl Signature of the Week contest!

Oh wow, new posts, training camp around the corner, whoo. I love this section and barely anyone else seems to do it.

Oh man, welcome to the easiest division in football. It's basically a one-horse show in the AFC West because the Chargers are the only good team wandering around in a cake-walk division. The rest of it should be able to make pushes for the top, but probably won't come close to achieving that goal. However, the rest of the division is what makes it interesting. These teams are so equally bad that it should be an interesting, even race for the rest of them. The Chiefs weren't bad themselves (putting up ~45 points on Denver), all they needed were playmakers on offense and for their defense to step a bit. Berry helps that, Flowers is coming into his own. Their pass rush and rushing defense just needs to step up. The Raiders did exceptionally well on Draft day, which is a step in the right direction considering Al Davis' track record. With some consistency and new faces, they could be on the up. The Broncos are also doing things right, even if I don't entirely understand McDaniels' trains of thought. Ever. Rebuilding a pourous defensive front is good..just those positions need a bit of youth. Locking up Dumervil to a long contract was intelligent and they're looking for a quarterback of the future to replace Orton. Tebow just may be that man.

The NFC West is almost the same. THey just lack the dominant team that is the Chargers of the AFC West. The 49ers appear to be on top simply due to better defenses as well as a much more stable offense, but Alex Smith needs to step up. Hell, that's a description for any quarterback in that division. The winner of the division will have the quarterback that steps up the most to help his team.

I won't do W/L predictions though. I couldn't care. I'm done with those.

[12:53:28 PM] Volke Aeno: Eklipse likes Magical boys better.
6:42 PM Jul 28 2010 2010
PhoenIX
PhoenIX is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

Lol, 2 awful divisions that no one cares about.
9:16 PM Jul 28 2010 2010
Dreem

Quote (originally posted by PhoenIX):
Lol, 2 awful divisions that no one cares about.

Lol good point. Thought I would get these out of the way. Just seems like none of these teams get any love. 0.o
3:30 AM Jul 30 2010 2010
PhoenIX
"Troll"

If the Chargers don't get their issues with Vincent Jackson, Marcus McNeil, and Shawne Merriman straightened out, that division becomes just as bad as the NFC West. Possibly worse.

I would love to see the Raiders take the role as the surprise team, and steal that division. The Raiders have a lot of talent on their team that no one seems to ever notice.
8:05 AM Jul 31 2010 2010
Deneb
Deneb has provided valuable testing services for the All is Brawl website.Deneb did something funny.Deneb impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Deneb helped an All is Brawl member with a problem.

NFC West:
49ers (9-7)
Cardinals (8-8)
Seahawks (5-11)
Rams (3-13)

AFC West:
Chargers (12-4)
Cheifs (7-9)
Raiders (6-10)
Broncos (4-12)

I see the Broncos starting Tebow.
10:39 PM Jul 31 2010 2010
Dreem

Quote (originally posted by Himeko Katagiri):
NFC West:
49ers (9-7)
Cardinals (8-8)
Seahawks (5-11)
Rams (3-13)

AFC West:
Chargers (12-4)
Cheifs (7-9)
Raiders (6-10)
Broncos (4-12)

I see the Broncos starting Tebow.

Since Kyle Orton use to suck and not have an impact, i think that is definitely possible.

If the Chargers don't get their issues with Vincent Jackson, Marcus McNeil, and Shawne Merriman straightened out, that division becomes just as bad as the NFC West. Possibly worse.

I would love to see the Raiders take the role as the surprise team, and steal that division. The Raiders have a lot of talent on their team that no one seems to ever notice.
I think that the Raiders are the only team that can win besides the Chargers. I think
the Chiefs rise the Broncos fall.
6:18 PM Aug 1 2010 2010
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie
Riddle McGriddle has provided valuable testing services for the All is Brawl website.Riddle McGriddle has written an exemplary guide on the All is Brawl forum.Riddle McGriddle did something funny.Riddle McGriddle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Riddle McGriddle helped an All is Brawl member with a problem.Riddle McGriddle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Riddle McGriddle won an All is Brawl Signature of the Week contest!

:v

I don't see Tebow starting this year. Maybe next year, but considering how many people view him as "raw," having a year to mold Tebow will do both he and McDaniels good.

As for the Raiders taking the division by surprise, isn't their quarterback the same guy that was a problem with the Redskins? How does this guy come here and be a good thing after being viewed as a bad thing on another team? The Raiders have the potential, yes, just will it be reached? That's the question.

Moving onto more interesting divisions.

The AFC and NFC East are probably the toughest division in football after the AFC and NFC North (ironically, every division in both conferences is nearly identical), given the situation.

For the AFC East, on offense, you have the run-heavy team in the Jets, the pass-heavy team in the Patriots, and the more balanced option in Miami. Henne has two great RBs in Williams and Brown that can help in most situations and now has Brandon Marshall to help in the air. The Patriots are incredibly more pass-heavy now than they were earlier in the decade, given that their top runner isn't nearly as good of an option as Wes Welker is. With Randy going long to help pull off coverage, Brady has some great pass options to hide his not-so-good run game. The Jets are the exact opposite. Say what you want about going out and getting Holmes, Edwards takes plays off and obviously Cotchery isn't enough on his own. Signing Coles for help, depth, or whatever really isn't that steady of a choice. Look at how he did last year (...no, never mind, I don't want to remember). I like Miami on offense most, really. Their options on offense are a lot better than the options of their opponents.

I guess I should say that Buffalo does have even better options at Running Back than Miami. Too bad that's their only shining spot on their roster. Back to the cellar for them.

On defense, the Jets run away with it. They need to get Revis signed to keep that, though, as he's a very good part of their defense. Kyle Wilson can only help so much and Cromartie is certainly not as good as everyone thinks he is. Considering their corners are the only notable part of their secondary (trading Kerry Rhodes is another one of their questionable moves this offseason), especially Revis, they really need to keep him; however, their front seven is just as good. They have a decent LB corps that can rush the passer with some exotic blitzes as well as stuff the run. It's truly balanced and that's why they were #1 on defense and miles ahead of Green Bay. In second are probably the rookie-heavy Patriots. The youth is great, just that defense is not as good as it used to be and the amount of Rookies need time to grow. Mayo is a good LB and Vince Wilfork is a good DT, what about the rest of their front seven? And their rookie-heavy secondary? It's good, but not great. Miami needs to improve and maybe Nolan will push them into second in their division. There's a lot of good guys with a lot of possibilities, just we need to see things happen. Again, Buffalo is a non-factor.

On STs, the only real mention I have is I don't understand why the Jets let go of Jay Feely. Especially for Nick Folk. That may be a good factor in their division.

For predictions, I can't say which team will win. I want to go with Michael Lombardi and say that the Dolphins truly should win it, but it's up in the air. I can't discount Brady at all and the Patriots should have a decent defense anyway. The Jets are already superbowl contenders, or at least, that's what people think, but can the team hold together? That locker room seems full of egos and could have a very Bengals-like meltdown midseason.

The NFC seems a bit more one-horse with Dallas leading the way at first glance. On offense, Dallas is pretty decent with very good WR depth, very good RB depth, a decent line, a great TE in Jason Witten, and all around a lot of options. However, they do possess a very good quick-strike rival in Philly, providing Kolb can step up. If he can, then Philly is very much a threat to Dallas' hopes to crown itself at home. The Giants seem to be building up. Their offense is pretty good. Eli is a Manning and even if he's not Peyton, he's still good. Steve Smith is a very good receiver, however, I'm not that knowledgeable about the Giants. The Redskins have a very good shot at winning the title as well. Trading for McNabb was a good decision, as well as providing him with a good line and a decent RB. He just needs some talent at receiver beyond Moss and that's something the Redskins lack.

On defense, the Cowboys seem to be the best option again. They only improved through the offseason as well. The Redskins weren't that bad at times, they just need to be consistent all the time. The Eagle are also decent, but not that great. They need improvement as well, but not nearly as bad as the Giants. The Giants seriously need to step up and play. After allowing so many blowouts, you have to wonder how that team even managed an 8-8 season.

The NFC East seems to have a winner in the Cowboys, but honestly, how can I say that straight-faced? Any team in this division has a chance at walking away, especially considering the Cowboys' recent struggles with the injury bug already.

11:37 AM Aug 2 2010 2010
Mood4food77
Baller
Mood4food77 did something funny.Mood4food77 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Mood4food77 is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

NFC East:
Cowboys: 11-5
Giants: 10-6
Redskins: 8-8
Eagles: 8-8

The Cowboys are the front runners for only making their team better from last year. For a very rich team, they didn't do much in the off season but did they need to? All the pieces are there, they just need the word for how long Bryant is out because when he plays, he will overtake Roy Williams for the starting spot. Really, this team isn't any different from last year except for being slightly better.

The Giants will be much improved on defense. Bill Sheridan did not have the team last year and you can already tell the respect the team has for Perry Fewell. Even Tuck ripped on Sheridan and he almost always keeps his mouth shut. The DEs on this team is rediculous, no other team in the league has the depth at that position like the Giants do. The Giants basically have 4 starters with JPP being the most gifted athlete by far (as many sports writers have said). The offense is mostly unchanged and will be better. Don't be surprised if Eli throws for 4300+ yards and 35 TDs while having Steve Smith and Hakeem Nicks going for 1200+ yards each. The running game will be better but not back to the '07 and '08 forms, unless the Giants find a Derrick Ward like runner. This team will have a winning record, they are the only team that could beat the Cowboys.

The Redskins need 1 more year to become a playoff threat. At that point, they'll have all the pieces in place. The run game will be tops in the league, with 4 running backs that have each topped 1000 yards at least once in their careers (3 of them had their best years with Shanahan as their coach). The problem with the Offense is the O-line, while it will be better than it was last year, it's still not great. This is what will keep the redskins from having a winning record even though the QB is much better than it was before.

The Eagles have a new starting QB. They have everything they need, it's just the QB needs 1 year before he becomes a real threat. It will be a lot like the Aaron Rodgers situation. The first year, he'll struggle to win but after that, he'll become a winner. I expect an average season from them. This is not the year they make the playoffs. Next year, it's a possibility.

AFC East:
Jets: 12-4
Patriots: 10-6
Dolphins: 9-7
Bills: 6-10

The jets are stacked on offense even more so than they are on defense, it's not even funny. Cromartie will have a pro bowl like season, he likes man coverage, remember, when he went to the pro bowl, the chargers played a lot of man coverage but when Norv Turner took over, they changed to zone coverage, which is obviously not his forte. Lastly, Cromartie is the bane of Peyton Manning, don't know how but he has more picks off of Peyton than anyone else. Seriously, if the jets don't win the superbowl this year, it's a shame because of how stacked that team is. This is the best chance the Jets have.

The Patriots will always have the awesome offense as long as Tom Brady is the QB. The defense will be worse than last year, they didn't do anything to address the weakness of a pass rush. The offense is pass heavy but the Jets will have the top pass defense in the league. And the pats running, seriously? They'll have a winning record but could miss the playoffs.

The Dolphins just don't have the team to really compete. They are over acheivers but the talent isn't there to compete this year. They can finish with a winning record but they are not making the playoffs this year. There isn't the playmaker on defense to pull them through.

The Bills pretty much need a godsend for them to even make it to 8-8. They have running backs and an above average starting receiver (Lee Evans). Really, this team doesn't have the talent to make them good. They'll finish last...again. I may be giving them credit at 6-10 but really, it doesn't matter.
12:24 PM Aug 2 2010 2010
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

Quote (originally posted by Mood4food77):
The jets are stacked on offense even more so than they are on defense, it's not even funny. Cromartie will have a pro bowl like season, he likes man coverage, remember, when he went to the pro bowl, the chargers played a lot of man coverage but when Norv Turner took over, they changed to zone coverage, which is obviously not his forte. Lastly, Cromartie is the bane of Peyton Manning, don't know how but he has more picks off of Peyton than anyone else. Seriously, if the jets don't win the superbowl this year, it's a shame because of how stacked that team is. This is the best chance the Jets have.
Bahahahahahahahahahaha.

How can you be stacked after the quarterback had a TD/Int ratio of 13/20? How can you be stacked on offense when you let go your great #2 RB in Thomas Jones for a washed-up Tomlinson? How can you be stacked when your best receiver is missing four games and the depth behind him is so stellar that the Jets went out and signed the washed-up Coles? The only thing the Jets are "stacked" at are OLine. They have one of the best TEs in the game in Dustin Heller. Mark Sanchez is not elite. Their receivers are not elite. Their RB corps could've been elite but they blew that one.

12:52 PM Aug 2 2010 2010
Mood4food77
Baller

thomas jones and shonne greene are the same type of runner, they went with the younger runner who just raped in teh playoffs, LT is the home run ball, they give him the ball for a big play, he's not running between the tackles, that's shonne greene's job, shonne greene will run for 1400 yards

that's how

it doesn't matter who the QB is, that team has so many weapons it's not even funny, and with a running game like theirs, it shouldn't matter

the receivers are elite, 2 guys that require double coverage and an awesome slot receiver, idc if holmes is out for the first 4 games, they're going to run the ball a lot more those games anyways

may i remind you, that outside of marino, ryan, and flacco, that there are almost no QBs who had a good rookie season

coles is teh 4th receiver, i think you'd be in pretty good shape if coles was your 4th best receiver
1:16 PM Aug 2 2010 2010
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

thomas jones and shonne greene are the same type of runner, they went with the younger runner who just raped in teh playoffs, LT is the home run ball, they give him the ball for a big play, he's not running between the tackles, that's shonne greene's job, shonne greene will run for 1400 yards
Let me know when it happens. 

Quote:
it doesn't matter who the QB is, that team has so many weapons it's not even funny, and with a running game like theirs, it shouldn't matter
I don't care how many weapons you give a guy, he has to have the ability to use them in order to succeed. I don't believe Sanchez has that.

Quote:
the receivers are elite, 2 guys that require double coverage and an awesome slot receiver, idc if holmes is out for the first 4 games, they're going to run the ball a lot more those games anyways
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Unless those two guys are Holmes and Heller, I don't see it. Edwards is not that great (there are better deep threats) and Cotchery is decent, but not amazing.

Quote:
may i remind you, that outside of marino, ryan, and flacco, that there are almost no QBs who had a good rookie season
I can't say you should count Flacco. I still consider him a bum. 

Hell, I consider both Sanchez and Flacco in the same boat. They don't win. Their running games and defense are what's going to win games for them, not the power of their own arm. Flacco's pitiful playoff performance last year should be a good indicator of that. I don't want to talk about the Wild Card game for the Jets, and the Chargers would've won had Nate Kaeding actually been able to hit two of the three FGs he missed. Hell, Shank missed his 2 that would've made the score 20-24. Two very accurate kickers missing in clutch situations and you can't say the Jets fluked getting to the AFC Championship Game?

Sanchez has to prove to me he can actually do good. I don't care what you say, the WRs are decent, not great, but usable, he has a good TE, a good OL, and a good Running game. He just needs to step up. Flacco didn't do it his second year, I'll be waiting, Sanchez.

Quote:
coles is teh 4th receiver, i think you'd be in pretty good shape if coles was your 4th best receiver
I think you're in pretty bad shape if Coles is playing on your team, to be honest, but that's probably bitterness directed towards last season from my part.

Saddest thing is, Bryant isn't shaping up to be a better option at the moment.

8:28 PM Aug 2 2010 2010
Mood4food77
Baller

bryant is actually doing well from latest reports and you guys still have TO

braylon edwards requires double coverage, he's too fast and tall to leave alone, let alone, his jumping ability is really freaking good (he was a 7'0" high jumper in HS), you leave him single covered, you're going to get burned, the colts learned the hard way

cotchery is an above average slot receiver

flacco has help yes, but his rookie season was nothing short of amazing, he was the first rookie QB EVER to reach a championship game
rookies are never asked to do much, that was sanchez's problem, he was asked to do a lot, looked what happened when they took teh ball away from him, they started winning

they went 9-7 with a QB who threw 23 INTs, this year, he'll only be better

you're basing sanchez off of 1 year, he has raw talent but he has a really good o-coodinator, he'll be fine, i'm not saying 4000 yard 30 TD season, but i can see a 3200 season with 20 TDs from him

remember, shonne greene averaged over 100 yards a game in the playoffs, while having nearly a 5 ypc average
he'll be a beast next year, especially when the jets are a run first offense
11:49 PM Aug 2 2010 2010
Dreem

NFC East:
Cowboys: 11-5
Giants: 10-6
Redskins: 8-8
Eagles: 8-8

The Cowboys are the front runners for only making their team better from last year. For a very rich team, they didn't do much in the off season but did they need to? All the pieces are there, they just need the word for how long Bryant is out because when he plays, he will overtake Roy Williams for the starting spot. Really, this team isn't any different from last year except for being slightly better.

The Giants will be much improved on defense. Bill Sheridan did not have the team last year and you can already tell the respect the team has for Perry Fewell. Even Tuck ripped on Sheridan and he almost always keeps his mouth shut. The DEs on this team is rediculous, no other team in the league has the depth at that position like the Giants do. The Giants basically have 4 starters with JPP being the most gifted athlete by far (as many sports writers have said). The offense is mostly unchanged and will be better. Don't be surprised if Eli throws for 4300+ yards and 35 TDs while having Steve Smith and Hakeem Nicks going for 1200+ yards each. The running game will be better but not back to the '07 and '08 forms, unless the Giants find a Derrick Ward like runner. This team will have a winning record, they are the only team that could beat the Cowboys.

The Redskins need 1 more year to become a playoff threat. At that point, they'll have all the pieces in place. The run game will be tops in the league, with 4 running backs that have each topped 1000 yards at least once in their careers (3 of them had their best years with Shanahan as their coach). The problem with the Offense is the O-line, while it will be better than it was last year, it's still not great. This is what will keep the redskins from having a winning record even though the QB is much better than it was before.

The Eagles have a new starting QB. They have everything they need, it's just the QB needs 1 year before he becomes a real threat. It will be a lot like the Aaron Rodgers situation. The first year, he'll struggle to win but after that, he'll become a winner. I expect an average season from them. This is not the year they make the playoffs. Next year, it's a possibility.

AFC East:
Jets: 12-4
Patriots: 10-6
Dolphins: 9-7
Bills: 6-10

The Patriots will always have the awesome offense as long as Tom Brady is the QB. The defense will be worse than last year, they didn't do anything to address the weakness of a pass rush. The offense is pass heavy but the Jets will have the top pass defense in the league. And the pats running, seriously? They'll have a winning record but could miss the playoffs.

The Dolphins just don't have the team to really compete. They are over acheivers but the talent isn't there to compete this year. They can finish with a winning record but they are not making the playoffs this year. There isn't the playmaker on defense to pull them through.

The Bills pretty much need a godsend for them to even make it to 8-8. They have running backs and an above average starting receiver (Lee Evans). Really, this team doesn't have the talent to make them good. They'll finish last...again. I may be giving them credit at 6-10 but really, it doesn't matter.

I like your list except for two things. I don't think the Cowboys are going to be in first due to the fact that they have a bye on week 4 and they have alot of woes in December. If you look at their schedule it gets "holy ballz" tough near the end of the schedule if you consider last season's records. I have to say that considering the bye week is the 4th week and the last 8 teams they play were at or above .500 with the exception of the Lions and Redskins... This=injuries, which= bad record in the last part of the season (not to mention that the LT position has taken a loss)(Watch out Romo). I just don't see them being at the top and seems almost a long shot to make it to the top if everyone they play is just as good as people make it out to be. I also think the Dolphins should jump up a spot. The Dolphins improved and has (what appears to be) an easier schedule. I see Wes Welker just not being the threat he used to be. Most players just aren't the same after knee injuries ESPECIALLY considering that he is a wide reciever. I'm not saying he'll suck I just doubt he'll be the threat he once was.
3:57 AM Aug 5 2010 2010
PhoenIX
"Troll"

The Jets are going to have an improved offense this year. You have a really good core of receivers, and imo one of the best receiving TE's in the league in Dustin Keller. The offensive line will still be plenty dominating, even without Faneca. Shonne Green showed he had what it takes to be the star back on the team last year, so they really aren't losing much in Thomas Jones.

LT can still play, and what people seem to forget, is that he can still catch. He's a legitimate threat in the backfield, because he's not one dimensional. Sanchez doesn't have to lead this team (Although, he has the talent to do so). All he has to do is manage the game. It's second year Roethlisberger all over again. Young QB not asked to do much, because his team is f'in loaded on both sides of the ball. He'll be forced to make key plays at certain points, but they become a lot less stressful when you have a team like that to rely on. I seem to remember Pittsburgh having a pretty good run that year.

On a side note, Flacco wasn't the first rookie QB to reach a championship game. He was the first rookie QB to win two playoff games, I believe.
12:40 PM Aug 5 2010 2010
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

Bah, Keller, Heller, I'm a Lions fan and got him confused with Will Heller. :v

12:42 PM Aug 5 2010 2010
Riddle McGriddle
Rookie

I seem to remember Pittsburgh having a pretty good run that year.
Excuse me while I go cry.

12:32 AM Aug 8 2010 2010
Dreem

NFC East 
Eagles (11-5)
Giants (11-5)
Cowboys (8-8)
Redskins (8-8) 

AFC East
Jets (13-3)
Dolphins (10-6)
Patriots (9-7)
Bills (4-12)