New Badge, New Players, New idea. - Community idea

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1
9:47 AM Jan 17 2011 2011
jsambition
Friendly

New Badge, New Players, New idea.
On AiB there are quite a few members but as far as the full potential of the brawl community the amount of members seem like they could be a lot higher. well Hum how do you attract new members to a site they have probably never herd of or even thought existed(seeing as i got curious a few years ago finding this site by accident after looking for a brawl community for while). Well other than word of mouth,video advertising. And that's where he new badge idea comes into play. The Game and Watched or the Film and Watch Badge, for players who put a Aib banner in the the beginning of their videos. its a win win on both ends. more effective advertising to bring in new brawlers to help the community as a whole and honor those players making an effort to bring new players in. This banner can be used on single, multplayer,combo, and tutorial videos just any smash related videos that will attract potential new players to the site. Looking at the Brawl videos i see tens of thousands of views and wonder how many of them have even herd of AiB.
Feedback on the idea Plox=)
or some thumbs up or down if ya like it ^.^
10:08 AM Jan 17 2011 2011
Groose
Groose rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Groose watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Groose has referred new users to the site.Groose did something funny.Groose impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Groose helped a member with a problem.

Excellent idea, it really could attract more interested, peripherally-aware Smash players to this site, as well as the competitive scene.
11:35 AM Jan 17 2011 2011
KMF
Spread the Love

Very nice idea. I'll make an AiB in my next combo video, even if I don't get a badgeicon_razz.
But I thought there already was a badge like this. It's in the shape of a microfone I thought. But that was, as you said, for mouth-to-mouth advertising.
4:34 PM Jan 17 2011 2011
iSpiN
Forest Sage
iSpiN is an administrator for the site.iSpiN has provided valuable testing services for the website.iSpiN is addicted to the melody of the woods.iSpiN keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.iSpiN has referred new users to the site.iSpiN wrote an exemplary guide.iSpiN wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!iSpiN did something funny.iSpiN impressed a staff member by doing something smart.iSpiN helped a member with a problem.iSpiN has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

?
7:30 PM Jan 17 2011 2011
Midnite
Illusionist
Midnite is a super moderator for the site.Midnite has provided valuable testing services for the website.Midnite rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Midnite is an illusion... or maybe not!Midnite has referred new users to the site.Midnite wrote an exemplary guide.Midnite did something funny.Midnite impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Midnite helped a member with a problem.Midnite keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Midnite defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Midnite overcame every obstacle and bested the site's Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!Midnite won a Custom Texture Contest! Midnite contributed to the Stadium community.

Promoter badge is basically what you said. :/

8:16 PM Jan 17 2011 2011
VickiIcarusChan
NDJ Hype
VickiIcarusChan has referred new users to the site.VickiIcarusChan helped a member with a problem.VickiIcarusChan won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

Yeah, what iSpin and Midnite said.
Thank you FireBomb for making the sig (on the left). Thanks, Arban for making the nice sig (on the right).

10:29 PM Jan 17 2011 2011
xSnore
Popular

Promoter badge is...

k
I am a 16 year-old girl.
1:25 AM Jan 18 2011 2011
KMF
Spread the Love

Quote (originally posted by iSpiN):
?

Yes.