What factor has the greatest impact on your decision to pre-order a game?

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2
Just GOTTA have it as soon as possible. (644)

Incentives (exclusive content, discounts, etc.). (371)

Worries about retail availability at launch. (227)

Pressure from retail employees. (21)

I generally don't pre-order games. (620)

1:41 AM Feb 2 2011 2011
nealdt
Bonafide
nealdt created the "All is" network, "possibly the best thing since sliced bread."nealdt passed a Tournament Host Certification test.nealdt has provided valuable testing services for the website.nealdt is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.nealdt made significant contributions to all areas of the website!nealdt did something funny.nealdt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.nealdt has referred new users to the site.nealdt wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!nealdt helped a member with a problem.nealdt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Vote here!
1:43 AM Feb 2 2011 2011
vVv Sumer
Everybody Likes Me
vVv Sumer rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.vVv Sumer is known to be liked by all.vVv Sumer rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.vVv Sumer is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.vVv Sumer did something funny.vVv Sumer impressed a staff member by doing something smart.vVv Sumer helped a member with a problem.vVv Sumer keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.vVv Sumer has referred new users to the site.vVv Sumer wrote an exemplary guide.vVv Sumer won a Custom Texture Contest! vVv Sumer defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!vVv Sumer overcame every obstacle and bested the site's Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!

Incentives~ Otherwise I just wait til the day, or pre-order it if it's looking like the game has high demand and might be hard to get the day it comes out.
1:54 AM Feb 2 2011 2011
Faketime
Honorary palaver-er-er-er-er...
Faketime is a moderator.Faketime rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Faketime keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Faketime wrote an exemplary guide.Faketime did something funny.Faketime impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Faketime helped a member with a problem.Faketime contributed to the Stadium community.

Basically, it has to be a Pokemon game. (For me I mean)
Made by Lawliel
1:54 AM Feb 2 2011 2011
Shinarouji
Let's Make a Contract
Shinarouji would like you to make a contract with them.Shinarouji rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Shinarouji wrote an exemplary guide.Shinarouji did something funny.Shinarouji impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Shinarouji helped a member with a problem.Shinarouji has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Bonuses, or incentives as the poll says. If it's not a big name title and it doesn't have anything like that, I usually just wait until launch.
1:55 AM Feb 2 2011 2011
Franky GGG
I Voted

The question I ask myself is: Is it MvC 3?
2:14 AM Feb 2 2011 2011
wWw Crofats
Smart
wWw Crofats is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.wWw Crofats did something funny.wWw Crofats impressed a staff member by doing something smart.wWw Crofats helped a member with a problem.wWw Crofats keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Availability is a problem in boston =/
Last edited by wWw Crofats, 2:15 AM on Feb 02, 2011
2:14 AM Feb 2 2011 2011
Xyless
Torture Never Felt so Good
Xyless is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Xyless helped a member with a problem.

I don't preorder anything at all unless it's through Amazon, and even then, it's rare.
3:24 AM Feb 2 2011 2011
Myrmidon
Double Dater

LOL. Pressure from retail employees. Someone actually picked that? Oh wow. xD
I've never pre-ordered a game before. However, if I were to do so, it'd probably be because of the incentives.
6:01 AM Feb 2 2011 2011
Diva
Famous

BULLLLLLLLLL
WELL I GOT SONIC COLORS AS A PRORDER GAME
Love Is Love <3 Sex Is Sex But Sex Anit Bettaa Den Love !
6:16 AM Feb 2 2011 2011
Toonblade
War is Over
Toonblade helped a member with a problem.

I usually only get Major Releases, plus i'm a 360 gamer, I sold all of my wii stuff except for Smash Bros Brawl, Melee, Luigi's Mansion, Kirby Air Ride.

The only wii game i'm planning on getting is Pikmin 3 or Legend of Zelda, the only DS game is Pokemon: Black & White.

Nintendo made so many spin-offs, and cancelled some good series that should of had an installment (Luigi' Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Kirby Air Ride) that I had to stop, plus the wii doesn't support most upcoming FPS titles (Bulletstorm, Gears of War 3, Homefront)
8:12 AM Feb 2 2011 2011
Amaterasu Okami
Celestial Artist
Amaterasu Okami is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Amaterasu Okami rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Amaterasu Okami did something funny.Amaterasu Okami impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Amaterasu Okami helped a member with a problem.Amaterasu Okami gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.

Already Pre-Ordered MvC3, but I hate waiting for 2 weeks for release icon_sad
11:02 AM Feb 2 2011 2011
Masterdrenin
Baller
Masterdrenin is a shameless badge whore. Mods beware.
"Badge Whore"

i think the only game i ever preordered was like golden sun lol
i always wait till games are cheap to buy them otherwise
12:27 PM Feb 2 2011 2011
KMF
Spread the Love

only pre-ordered the American Brawl release. But that game broke after 1 year. Definitely the last time I pre-ordered somethingicon_razz
1:48 PM Feb 2 2011 2011
Eki
Spread the Love
Eki did something funny.Eki impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Eki helped a member with a problem.

Once I was held at gunpoint by a Gamestop employee. He forced me to preorder some movie license game. I got a free sticker for it.

So yeah, pressure from retail employees.
kolasås ㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛
2:38 PM Feb 2 2011 2011
Neo_2.0
Hanging Chad

"What factor has the greatest impact on your decision to pre-order a game?" I usually buy games that i'm lookin forward to, & if i've seen some gameplay trailers to it then i might pre-order it.
7:23 PM Feb 2 2011 2011
Nessy
Loch Ness Monster
Nessy has been spotted off the coast of Loch Ness!Nessy rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Nessy is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Nessy did something funny.Nessy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Nessy helped a member with a problem.Nessy has referred new users to the site.Nessy won a Signature of the Week contest!

I got TvC 2 days early thanks to online pre order. I pre order online mostly, this helps so I don't have to go to the shop and just incase I forget I get a nice little suprise!!
8:11 PM Feb 2 2011 2011
ShadowSlash
Veteran

I usually don't pre-order games, no matter how high the demand is and whether it's a game or a new console. For me, I wait until the price gets lower.
8:38 PM Feb 2 2011 2011
Z3PHYR-11
Gemini

Quote (originally posted by Amaterasu Okami):
Already Pre-Ordered MvC3, but I hate waiting for 2 weeks for release icon_sad

... Hm, same here, though I've been waiting for 4 months. T_T
11:00 PM Feb 2 2011 2011
NJMike
Streaker
NJMike impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

I generally don't pre-order games.

8:23 PM Feb 5 2011 2011
Dashing Professor Req
Torture Never Felt so Good
Dashing Professor Req did something funny.Dashing Professor Req impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

I feel like pre-ordering games and dlc are ridiculous. Why should I pay an extra 5+ bucks for content that is ALREADY on the disc. I kinda irks me. :I
Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss