TC's Smash Café # 2
TC's Smash Café # 2
Ferndale, Michigan, United States
March 5, 2011
Smashboards link

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=294088

Venue opens at 9:30 am.
Doubles starts at 11:00-15.
Singles pools will start when doubles is almost over (like winner and losers semis)
If we don't have time for pools then we will do straight bracket.
2:30 - Singles pools start.
5:30 - Bracket begins.

Prices and Payout
Venue Fee - $5*
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $10 per person
*Venue fee will be refunded to anyone bringing a full setup who stays for the entire event. A full setup is a TV and a Wii with a copy of Brawl with all characters and legal stages unlocked. Fee will be refunded if someone brings a setup for doubles and leaves before singles starts.

Payouts will be:
Singles, >= 15 people
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Singles, < 15 people
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
Rules
Rules
- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

- Items are set to "off" and "none"

- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

- King Dedede's standing infinites and ledge infinites are banned.

- Marth's infinites of Ness and Lucas are banned.

- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling is banned.

- If a match ends with a Kirbicide, Bowsercide or Dededecide, the player who initiated the "Kamikaze" is determined the victor of the match.

Update: I am instating a Ledge Grab limit for this tournament. It is now 35. For those of you who are not familiar with how the Ledge Grab Rule works: If you match ends as a result of time, and a player has exceeded the Ledge Grab Limit, he or she loses that match.

Stage List
Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick:

Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2 - New!
Rainbow Cruise

-First stage is agreed upon by the two competitors through stage striking, random selection or mutual agreement and they must choose a Neutral (Starter) stage.

The Stage Striking Process:

The five neutral stages will be the only highlighted ones in the Stage Selection menu. Players can rock-paper-scissors to see who strikes first or mutual agree.

The first player strikes one stage from the 5 neutrals.

The second player strikes two stages from the remaining stages.

The first player strikes one more stage from the list. The remaining stage is the one that will be played for the first match of the set.

The Double Blind Selection Rule:

If both players are having a dispute as to how to select their characters for the first match (usually to avoid unfair counterpicking) the Double Blind Rule may be used. A neutral third party (usually a T.O) will be called in and both players will tell the T.O. their character. Then both players will pick their characters at the same time.

The Counterpicking Process:

Before the player who lost the previous match selects their stage, the opponent may designate a stage ban. That stage cannot be selected by that player for the entire set.
The player who lost the previous match will then select their stage for the next match.
The opponent may switch characters after the stage selection.
Once the opponent has selected their character, the player who lost the previous match may finally change their character if they desire.
6:51 PM Feb 4 2011 2011
Technical_Chase
War is Over
Technical_Chase is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

Reserved for tournament organizer.
7:05 PM Feb 4 2011 2011
lain
Connected
lain is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

get mutha****in hyped
7:06 PM Feb 4 2011 2011
Crazy Aleks
Crazy Aleks rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Crazy Aleks is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Crazy Aleks did something funny.Crazy Aleks impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Crazy Aleks has referred new users to the site.Crazy Aleks gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.

I'll be there, get hyped LAIN LOL
7:15 PM Feb 4 2011 2011
L_Cancel
Spread the Love
L_Cancel has provided valuable testing services for the website.L_Cancel is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.L_Cancel did something funny.

xD aww yeee.
7:26 PM Feb 4 2011 2011
Technical_Chase
War is Over

This just because insta-rape. That's the best kind. Next to date rape.
7:45 PM Feb 4 2011 2011
LoF Xatic
I Gots Jokes
LoF Xatic rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.LoF Xatic did something funny.LoF Xatic helped a member with a problem.

Most likely be there.
8:33 PM Feb 4 2011 2011
_bigdaddy_
_bigdaddy_ rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre._bigdaddy_ is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web._bigdaddy_ did something funny.

may or may not be here.
9:11 AM Feb 5 2011 2011
Technical_Chase
War is Over

This tournament is now featured thanks to Sumer. That makes 3 in a row. Thanks Sumer!
1:57 PM Feb 5 2011 2011
Needles to Say
Baby, She's Got It
Needles to Say has provided valuable testing services for the website.Needles to Say rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Needles to Say did something funny.

o
3:35 PM Feb 7 2011 2011
Apex Ori
Tons of Damage
Apex Ori is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Apex Ori impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Apex Ori helped a member with a problem.Apex Ori has referred new users to the site.Apex Ori won a Signature of the Week contest!

HYPED
5:19 PM Feb 8 2011 2011
FWamane
Party Animal

I might actually be able to make this. Depends on the weather :)
11:51 PM Feb 15 2011 2011
sergio313

ggs tech
5:33 PM Feb 17 2011 2011
Technical_Chase
War is Over

GGs yo. Hit me up at this one if you're going.

Also get hyped *****es!

We got Ally up in this ***** trying to take kids' money again ;)
8:15 PM Feb 17 2011 2011
Lillith
People Know Me

I will try to make it to this one, L.
8:21 PM Feb 17 2011 2011
L_Cancel
Spread the Love
L_Cancel has provided valuable testing services for the website.L_Cancel is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.L_Cancel did something funny.

n___nb great!
8:32 PM Feb 17 2011 2011
Vato_break
People Know Me
Vato_break is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Vato_break did something funny.Vato_break impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Vato_break participated in the Karaoke Contest!

L_Cancel got this!
7:35 AM Feb 20 2011 2011
Emperor_Fluffy
Popular

I herd nigahz wanna see me active again :o
4:30 PM Feb 20 2011 2011
CoOkICrUmZ
Spread the Love

I'll hopefully be able to make it!
10:04 PM Feb 27 2011 2011
Technical_Chase
War is Over

Just a heads up the LGL for this event is the standard 35 instead of 50.
1:36 AM Feb 28 2011 2011
W.C.N
Best on My Block

you should change that in the rules they still say 50 in the UPDATE
Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss