Hugo's Inconsistently Frequent Musical Exposition

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2
7:28 PM Jan 13 2011 2011
HugS
Famous
HugS rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.HugS is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.HugS did something funny.HugS impressed a staff member by doing something smart.HugS helped a member with a problem.HugS wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Hugo's Inconsistently Frequent Musical Exposition
So I've rejoined this group and decided to become more active. I will update this frequently, never longer than a week, but at times I may update it more than once a day, depending on how I feel as far as music goes.

Hope you all enjoy:

1/13/2011 - Intro, a general sense of what I enjoy

Boards of Canada - 5:9:78

Flying Lotus - Galaxy in Janaki

Domino - Ghetto Jam 

A Perfect Circle - A Stranger

Radiohead - Dollars and Cents

1/16/2011 - Movie soundtrack day

Taxi Driver Theme

Stanley Clarke - Boyz in the Hood Theme

2001 A Space Odyssey - Gayane's Adagio

The good, the bad, and the ugly - The Trio

2/4/2011 - Hip Hop Day

Saadiq - Get Involved

Big Boi - Hustle Blood

Kanye West - Runaway

J. Cole - In the Morning

2/6/2011 - Intros, Outros, and Fillers

Kaini Industries - Boards of Canada (Filler)

Son Et Lumier - Mars Volta (Intro)

Flood - Pantera (Outro)

Layla - Derek and the Dominos (Outro)

Cymbal Rush - Thom Yorke (Outro)

Beware the friendly stranger - Boards of Canada (Filler)

02/26/2011 - Spanish Anthem Day

Shakira - Ojos Asi

Carlos Vives - La Gota Fria

Mana - Vivir Sin Aire (Balad)

Pedro Fernandez - Solo Tu (Balad)
Last edited by HugS, 4:33 PM on Feb 26, 2011
7:48 PM Jan 13 2011 2011
Meridius
Mostly Harmless
Meridius is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Meridius impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Meridius wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

BoC = <3

Flying Lotus' Cosmogramma is definitely in my top 10 albums of 2010. Good stuff.

Domino reminds me SO much of Warren G (This DJ). I grew up on this kind of stuff with my dad. lol

"A Stranger" is definitely one of my favorites from Thirteenth Step.

"Dollars and Cents" is dang good too!

Great music selection dude.

8:01 PM Jan 13 2011 2011
Delx
Ho Ho Ho
Delx wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!Delx did something funny.

just from reading it , it seemed like cake music for whatever reason

hmm i think it was just the BOC and the Rhead
9:50 PM Jan 13 2011 2011
Meridius
Mostly Harmless
Meridius is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Meridius impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Meridius wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

LOL. HugS and I have similar music tastes.

I'm a huge APC fan too.
10:14 PM Jan 13 2011 2011
Space Cowboy
Tons of Damage
Space Cowboy did something funny.Space Cowboy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Space Cowboy helped a member with a problem.

Oh my BoC and Radiohead <3!
11:43 PM Jan 13 2011 2011
HugS
Famous
HugS rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.HugS is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.HugS did something funny.HugS impressed a staff member by doing something smart.HugS helped a member with a problem.HugS wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Yeah, you'll find that I'm going to be putting down a lot of Radiohead and BoC
12:09 AM Jan 14 2011 2011
Delx
Ho Ho Ho

everyone loves radiohead and boc
12:34 AM Jan 15 2011 2011
Vato_break
People Know Me
Vato_break is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Vato_break did something funny.Vato_break impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Vato_break participated in the Karaoke Contest!

Radiohead is okay, i like Boards of Canada though icon_smile
9:19 PM Feb 4 2011 2011
HugS
Famous

LOL I guess I didn't keep this as frequent as I had hoped.

With WGF and school, I guess I haven't listened to enough music. But I'm back on track now, I updated it just now. Hope you all enjoy icon_smile
9:53 PM Feb 4 2011 2011
Delx
Ho Ho Ho

i love All of the Lights, but didn't listen to the whole album, just was linked to that one particular song. Didn't know about Runaway. The autotune at the end is insane, liked that.
11:12 PM Feb 4 2011 2011
HugS
Famous

LOL yeah, you can't tell this man to stop using autotune despite all the criticism he received on his last album for it.

Either way, he used in a great unexpected way. I think he's even doing jibberish for the most part at the end LOL. Awesome outro to the song.
11:46 PM Feb 4 2011 2011
Delx
Ho Ho Ho

actually i really liked 808's and it's the only Kanye album I have on a cd. Although he got criticism when he released it, i think a lot of people sat down and realized it was actually a pretty good album by itself, and a great evolution for kanye
ie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrT9ooi-xUk
Street Lights
2:01 AM Feb 5 2011 2011
HugS
Famous

Oh don't get me wrong, I loved 808's too.

Just saying.

I almost wanna update my music today again. I keep getting new ideas for themes.

Next one will be a list of only intros, outros, and fillers.
6:13 AM Feb 5 2011 2011
Meridius
Mostly Harmless

I liked Saadiq (because of Q-Tip) and J-Cole (because his style reminds me of Lupe's). The ending of Runaway had some of the best/most interesting use of autotuning ever.
12:38 PM Feb 5 2011 2011
Delx
Ho Ho Ho

pro tip

update whenever you feel like, simply because you get lazy if you don't do it right away
9:20 PM Feb 6 2011 2011
Masterdrenin
Baller
Masterdrenin is a shameless badge whore. Mods beware.
"Badge Whore"

haha when i saw taxi driver theme i thought of the taxi theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzhwx8aOO0A)
but what you had was good too
10:54 PM Feb 6 2011 2011
HugS
Famous

Updated with intros, fillers, and outros

Enjoy the quickness.
11:27 PM Feb 6 2011 2011
Delx
Ho Ho Ho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Uq1hQZOWE

is the only thing i can say, besides it being posted by cake before ish
5:46 PM Feb 9 2011 2011
Meridius
Mostly Harmless

Likey.

5:15 AM Feb 14 2011 2011
Chip
Friendly
Chip is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

Every song on MBDTM is good except for So Apalled, IMO.
Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss