Which of these eSports icons are you most familiar with?

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3
Which of these eSports icons are you most familiar with?
SlayerS_`Boxer` (132)

The Ogre twins (86)

Daigo Umehara (376)

Liquid`Jinro (46)

Sanford Kelly (42)

Justin Wong (401)

I'm not familiar with those players. (361)

I'm not interested in eSports. (715)

8:29 PM Feb 12 2011 2011
Jem
Famous
Jem rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Jem is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Jem did something funny.

I know them all. But I heard of the Ogre twins first. Ogre 2 finished off each Halo game with a national championship, which is incredible. Played against both of them too, so that helps in my vote XD. Jwong is tight though.
Last edited by Jem, 8:30 PM on Feb 12, 2011
8:29 PM Feb 12 2011 2011
Sub Zero Reptile
Baller
Sub Zero Reptile rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Sub Zero Reptile is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Sub Zero Reptile has referred new users to the site.

Jinro the beast Terran from Sweden!
8:39 PM Feb 12 2011 2011
nealdt
Bonafide
nealdt created the "All is" network, "possibly the best thing since sliced bread."nealdt passed a Tournament Host Certification test.nealdt has provided valuable testing services for the website.nealdt is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.nealdt made significant contributions to all areas of the website!nealdt did something funny.nealdt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.nealdt has referred new users to the site.nealdt wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!nealdt helped a member with a problem.nealdt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

I agree that eSports are not sports, but that's why they have a different name: eSports. Obviously that's trying to tie into the emotional attachment people have to "real" sports, and video games most definitely are not SPORTS sports, but what are you gonna do. Saying "video games aren't sports hurr hurr" makes you look like a douche and makes me wonder why you're on a site about competitive Smash.
8:43 PM Feb 12 2011 2011
spongejordan
Hanging Chad
spongejordan rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.

Seriously, why is this so fighting game biased? It's as if you googled for others and got ****ing HALO as your FPS e-sport of choice. Seriously, try harder, console games are (with good reason) known as failures in the e-sports community. How about some 1.6 and Source and throw up Dirtysecret, ClowN, Juan, Walle, and teams that win more in a single tournament than MLG puts up in an entire year. Even CoD4 Pro Mod is more competitive than HaLOL.
8:45 PM Feb 12 2011 2011
nealdt
Bonafide
nealdt created the "All is" network, "possibly the best thing since sliced bread."nealdt passed a Tournament Host Certification test.nealdt has provided valuable testing services for the website.nealdt is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.nealdt made significant contributions to all areas of the website!nealdt did something funny.nealdt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.nealdt has referred new users to the site.nealdt wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!nealdt helped a member with a problem.nealdt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

You figured me out. It's definitely not that the American eSports scene -- in terms of mainstream coverage, money, and hype -- is primarily centered around MLG and its games. Nope, definitely not that.

Oh, and it's also definitely not that Smash is a fighting game and thus our community would be mostly familiar with other fighting games.
9:14 PM Feb 12 2011 2011
Stryks
Blogs are my business.
Stryks is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Stryks did something funny.Stryks impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Stryks wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Quote (originally posted by nealdt):
Smash is a fighting game

9:15 PM Feb 12 2011 2011
Almo
Almo is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Almo did something funny.Almo participated in the Karaoke Contest!

it's really sad how almost every poll you make neal, the most negative option of "i don't care" or "none of the above" is the highest tallied one.

Seriously, just remove that option from the poll. For this one "I'm not familiar" suffices. I guess i'm just nitpicking. Of course it's there for a reason, it just iirks me for some reason that people can be so negative on every subject.
9:17 PM Feb 12 2011 2011
Jem
Famous
Jem rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Jem is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Jem did something funny.

Sponge why so saltious, brah?

Ogre twins are more known than Clown, and with reason. Clown was cool on WCG Ultimate Gamer, but there is also a bit fatty article about him cheating in a 1.6 tournament.

I don't follow PC too much, but I do follow it a little bit icon_smile. Clowns a cool guy though.
10:11 PM Feb 12 2011 2011
Toonblade
War is Over
Toonblade helped a member with a problem.

Now, Halo and Deadspace have won me over, it's actually sad how addicted i am to Halo and Crysis II (Yes, The Leak...) atm, but, hey, There's a few hyped releases coming.

- Bulletstorm

Gameplay, looks better then the cover, i got this thing reserved <33

Here's a interesting shot.

In the game bulletstorm, you basicly are trying to get points by using your enviorment to your advantage, which has been done, but not in the way Bulletstorm has...

Homefront's another one, HYPE <333333

Homefront is when China takes over america, set in 2020, not very futuristic, almost like a CoD and Crysis Mix.

I don't have to explain MVC3, because, hopefully, you guys know of it... But i'm really looking forward to these upcoming FPS releases, plus Portal 2, which is so unique, i have to try it... Anyway, back to black ops and reach for me...
10:32 PM Feb 12 2011 2011
NJMike
Streaker
NJMike impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Quote (originally posted by Almo):
it's really sad how almost every poll you make neal, the most negative option of "i don't care" or "none of the above" is the highest tallied one.

Seriously, just remove that option from the poll. For this one "I'm not familiar" suffices. I guess i'm just nitpicking. Of course it's there for a reason, it just iirks me for some reason that people can be so negative on every subject.

What's so bad about it? Not everyone can know about something. I just voted for "I'm not interested in eSports." as well. I don't even know what it is. From seeing the comments I assume it's like MLG or something.

12:12 AM Feb 13 2011 2011
RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
Great Dark Spot
RadioFriendlyUnitShifter watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.

What the hell is a "esport"?

In any case, SC2 >
2:41 AM Feb 13 2011 2011
TheRealBobMan
TheRealBobMan is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.TheRealBobMan did something funny.TheRealBobMan impressed a staff member by doing something smart.TheRealBobMan helped a member with a problem.TheRealBobMan wrote an exemplary guide.TheRealBobMan wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

GO GO BOXER SCV CHEESE!
3:35 AM Feb 13 2011 2011
Sub Zero Reptile
Baller
Sub Zero Reptile rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Sub Zero Reptile is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Sub Zero Reptile has referred new users to the site.

Quote (originally posted by TheRealBobMan):
GO GO BOXER SCV CHEESE!

^THIS
5:28 AM Feb 13 2011 2011
wWw Boxmander
Popular
wWw Boxmander is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

I think there could have been better choices for the list and included more games. No CS/WC3 options, no Fatality. If someone is familiar with Justin Wong or Sanford I'm sure they're familiar with Daigo. Same with Jinro and Boxer.
5:55 AM Feb 13 2011 2011
Jem
Famous

I think Sanford should have been replaced for Grubby, but that's it. Grubby is a wc3 genius and actually moving onto SC2.
8:53 AM Feb 13 2011 2011
Rayquaza07
Smash PhD
Rayquaza07 cheated on the Ladder. Don't bother playing this person.
"Pumpkin Eater"Rayquaza07 rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Rayquaza07 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Rayquaza07 helped a member with a problem.

idk who these pplz are but one of them had a name close to slayers and was at the top of the list so i picked that 1
1:36 PM Feb 13 2011 2011
ANTi
ANTi cheated on the Ladder. Don't bother playing this person.
"Pumpkin Eater"ANTi is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.ANTi helped a member with a problem.

ANTi
2:51 PM Feb 13 2011 2011
Ultimate Nightmare
Famous
Ultimate Nightmare did something funny.

I WISH video games was sports! then my school would have a videogames program, and i'd jpin it, and finally play a sport... well other than when i playe T-ball and basketball :X
6:18 PM Feb 13 2011 2011
Bigfoot
Smartypants
Bigfoot is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Bigfoot did something funny.Bigfoot impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Bigfoot wrote an exemplary guide.Bigfoot wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Quote (originally posted by Depster):
How does nobody know who the Ogre twins are? Ogre 2 is the most successful Halo player ever! I've also heard of Daigo, Justin Wong, and Liquid Jinro

boxer is more famous than any of them, and has been around in starcraft for over 10 years. how do you not know him?

I've heard of all these people, but its a question of who is the most known

EDIT: also, grubby should be mentioned, he is a bit of an icon
8:38 AM Feb 14 2011 2011
Eggz
Better Than You
Eggz is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Eggz did something funny.Eggz impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Eggz has referred new users to the site.Eggz wrote an exemplary guide.

so many dumb ******s posting dumb ****** **** in this thread
Page: 1 2 3

Quick Jump
rss