Brawl Low Tier Singles
tio tournament organizer
Add a Video
Upload a Stage
Healthcare and education spending and the USA deficit - Are $ cuts the answer?
All is Brawl forums
Subscribe to this topic.
3:01 PM Mar 1 2011 2011
Joined: Sep 2009
Healthcare and education spending and the USA deficit
GDP= Gross Domestic Product
(January 20 start and end)
to see the link without a smily face.
“• Insurers will be barred from imposing exclusions on children with pre-existing conditions. Pools will cover those with pre-existing health conditions until health care coverage exchanges are operational.
• Insurers will not be able to rescind policies to avoid paying medical bills when a person becomes ill.
• Lifetime limits on benefits and restrictive annual limits will be prohibited.
• New plans must provide coverage for preventive services without co-pays. All plans must comply by 2018.
• A temporary reinsurance program will help offset costs of coverage for companies that provide early retiree health benefits for those ages 55 to 64.
• New plans will be required to implement an appeals process for coverage determinations and claims.
• Adoption tax credit and assistance exclusion will increase by $1,000. The bill makes the credit refundable and extends it through 2011.
• A 10 percent tax will be imposed on amounts paid for indoor tanning services on or after July 1.
• Businesses with fewer than 50 employees will get tax credits covering 35 percent of their health care premiums, increasing to 50 percent by 2014.
• Medicare will provide free annual wellness visits and personalized prevention plans. New plans will be required to cover preventive services with no co-pay.
• States can offer home- and community-based services to the disabled through Medicaid rather than institutional care beginning October 1.
• A 50 percent discount will be provided on brand-name drugs for Prescription Drug Plan or Medicare Advantage enrollees. Additional discounts on brand-name and generic drugs will be phased in to completely close the "doughnut hole" by 2020.”
There's a lot of theory crafting about healthcare and how to reduce the federal deficit. Starting with what we know:
Military and large business investments have not recently worked. When healthcare became effective the deficit began to decrease. The chart shows the USA's federal deficit
match trends of education or healthcare spending.
So, investing in programs that help American citizens also helps the economy and giving more finical power to the few who already have it does not.
Healthcare supports the USA economy, why is this a big deal?
It also helps 47 million Americans be healthy. Education will 'sharpen the saw' and make the USA not be in 21st place behind countries like Russia.
(Wikipedia, I'm lazy but you get my point)
The boards are too inactive, we need controversial threads to jump-start them. Discuss.
Last edited by
, 3:16 PM on Mar 01, 2011
News and Announcements
Super Smash Bros. 4
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Latin & South America
Custom Brawl Content
Texture of the Week Contests
PM Character Chat
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Friendly & Other Multiplayer Videos
Super Smash Bros. (64)
Smash Bros. 64 Discussion
Signature of the Week Contests
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Strikers Charged
Pokémon General Discussion
The Food Court
The Geek Squad
The Record Shop
Werewolf & Mafia
copyright © 2005-2013 allisnetworks |
design by dcarter