Revealed: The Unity Ruleset

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 · 11
5:46 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
lordhelmet
Addicted to Wifi
lordhelmet is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

Catering against MK is pretty dumb IMO. Just ban the ****er if you're going to do that.

RC (or Brin) and Picto NEED to be removed. PS2 is acceptable in my mind. I LIKE the 5 stage starters, though.
5:50 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
GenoNyght
War is Over

Wait, they're serious about PS2?
5:53 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President
dmbrandon passed a Tournament Host Certification test.dmbrandon rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.dmbrandon rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.dmbrandon is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.dmbrandon did something funny.dmbrandon impressed a staff member by doing something smart.dmbrandon wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Brinstar, Picto, and PS2 are all absurd. When are people gonna stop listening to AZ?
5:54 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
Ally
Ally rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Ally is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Ally did something funny.Ally impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Ally has referred new users to the site.Ally gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.

^ Its not just AZ, it's like Keitaro and a bunch of other TOS, BLAME EM. NOT THE BBR THIS TIME!
5:55 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
Tree Squirter
Welcome to Earth
Tree Squirter rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Tree Squirter is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Tree Squirter impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Tree Squirter helped a member with a problem.

Brinstar, Picto, and PS2 are all absurd. When are people gonna stop listening to AZ?

^^^^^
THIS
5:55 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President
dmbrandon passed a Tournament Host Certification test.dmbrandon rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.dmbrandon rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.dmbrandon is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.dmbrandon did something funny.dmbrandon impressed a staff member by doing something smart.dmbrandon wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Keitaro, lol. Dude allowed LUIGIS MANSION at alot of his recent tourneys.
5:56 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President

Well, the most of NJ isn't on board. You can have Keitaro. Me, Doom, Inui, and Alex say **** this ****, and we'll never adhere to a ruleset so stupid.

And coaching is banned? Suck a ****, pockets.
5:56 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
Jem
Famous
Jem rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Jem is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Jem did something funny.

Trollface.jpg when MK's win game 1

They get their plethora/combo of Brinstar/Rainbow/Frigate/Delfino, typically Brinstar will be the banned one though. But 3 hard CP's for a lot of the cast, dang lol.

GAMECLUCKS FOR LIFE.
5:59 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
AlphaZealot
Gets Around
AlphaZealot has provided valuable testing services for the website.AlphaZealot is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.AlphaZealot did something funny.AlphaZealot impressed a staff member by doing something smart.AlphaZealot has referred new users to the site.AlphaZealot wrote an exemplary guide.AlphaZealot wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Almost every tournament in the country has had both Brinstar and Rainbow since the down of Brawl - this is no different.

Picto is being looked at closer.

This ruleset is not for the ladder, as online and offline play are very different things.
5:59 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
RiKu
Demon Fang!
RiKu is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.RiKu helped a member with a problem.

Inui wrote at 5:24 PM on Apr 6, 2011 :
Pictochat.

Automatically retarded.
6:01 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
lordhelmet
Addicted to Wifi
lordhelmet is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

Wait, splitting and forfeiting banned? oboy

6:03 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President

Wait, so, if I forfeit, I can get my opponent DQd?! ADHD, COME SEE ME IN LOSERS, BRO
6:04 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
Uber
Spread the Love
Uber did something funny.Uber impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Uber helped a member with a problem.Uber won a Signature of the Week contest!Uber defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Uber contributed to the Stadium community.

all infinites allowed?

way to make dk unviable
6:05 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
wWw Crofats
Smart
wWw Crofats is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.wWw Crofats did something funny.wWw Crofats impressed a staff member by doing something smart.wWw Crofats helped a member with a problem.wWw Crofats keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

unity my *** this sucks
6:06 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
ShadowYoshi
Smash PhD
ShadowYoshi did something funny.

ugh. here comes a rant.
i still want to know why the heck brinstar and rainbow cruise aren't banned...
...and why bridge of eldin is.
also, corneria. screw the close blast zones, it beats rainbow cruise(except for ness).
and didn't jungle japes used to be on the counterpick list? it can get hectic, but it beats rainbow cruise too.

WHY IS A STAGE AS DYNAMIC AS RAINBOW CRUISE NOT BANNED???

this is why i don't play competitive smash. gay rules and no fun stages. it takes skill to avoid/cope with stage obstacles and still be able to hit your partner too. 3:
if palkia's control switch or laser kills you, or you get ko'd by the cars on port town, OR etc.etc. stage elements killing you, it's your fault for not being able to either see the timing and dodge the stage, or keep from being baited into getting hit. :l IT'S NOT THAT HARD. BE MORE FLEXIBLE INSTEAD OF FIGHTING ON BORING FLAT STAGES ALL THE TIME.
and items ftw.

i'm done now.
saying all that, 90% of aib has at least twice as much skill as me.
6:06 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
Snack Attack
People Know Me
Snack Attack is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

35 LGL should be universal.
6:08 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
BFAA Inui
In the Spotlight
BFAA Inui passed a Tournament Host Certification test.BFAA Inui rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.BFAA Inui is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.BFAA Inui did something funny.BFAA Inui helped a member with a problem.

I can't fathom why Pictochat wasn't outright banned everywhere from the start. I really just don't get it. What needs to be looked at? It has to decide even MORE wins?
6:12 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

Quote (originally posted by AlphaZealot):
Almost every tournament in the country has had both Brinstar and Rainbow since the down of Brawl - this is no different.

Picto is being looked at closer.

This ruleset is not for the ladder, as online and offline play are very different things.

I see a double standard, since many of the stages that were considered for the previous unified ruleset were pretty much unprecedented, and had only been used in like the early 2008 metagame lol.

Something being there for the sake of "always being there" doesn't really hold a valid argument when our changed perception of the nature of the game has stated that it should be different.

For example, Jungle Japes has been in for a long time, iirc it has existed in most popular rulesets as much as early 2010, then people realized how ridiculously campy this stage is.  It was only fairly recently that we conscientiously saw how bad an idea it was to keep the stage as a CP.
6:15 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President

please keep in mind, that all NJ tourneys sans Keitaro's stuff have had the best, most fair rulesets since 2008. When you guys catch up, maybe we'll not hate all of you.

SHOUTOUTS TO APEX.
6:17 PM Apr 6 2011 2011
unKnownPrescence
unKnownPrescence is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

i still think you should define stalling, I know of players who delay the game when theyre losing and thats not considered stalling, just throwing that out their.

also infinites = IC grabs, single naner lock?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 · 11

Quick Jump
rss