High Quality

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1
5:35 PM Jul 6 2008 2008
Mr.Fish
In the Spotlight

High Quality
Hey, I notice that all your videos have the "Watch in High Quality" option. I'm sick of youtube butchering my frame-rate. How can you upload a video and have that option appear? Here's a sample of what youtube has been doing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BWL9AD7K6s It actually makes my nauseous watching it.Thanks
12:09 PM Jul 11 2008 2008
The Game II

This seems to be the topic du jour recently, so let me address it.

I do not know how the better-quality option appears in my videos. Frankly, I could care less.

My best guess is that a lot of people, prior to uploading the videos, compress it. By doing that, the upload time is cut significantly, but the quality decreases.

I do not compress my videos unless I'm creating a commercial, in which it is actually better to compress the videos because the 40fps makes it look somewhat more stylish IMO.

Just to give you an idea of how big the files are that I'm uploading to YouTube, here's just a 10-video sample, all in MB

I'm guessing that you have to pass a certain MB point in order to get the files. Again, I don't know and I don't care. As long as the videos are posted, I'm satisfied.

--GCII
www.getyourtournament.com -- I'm back with Get Your Tournament
Page: 1

Quick Jump
rss