Stadium Gaming Olympics II - Official Stadium Tournament

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
4:56 PM Aug 6 2011 2011
SGOlympian
Fortification Unit
SGOlympian is a super moderator for the site.SGOlympian has provided valuable testing services for the website.SGOlympian rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.SGOlympian watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.SGOlympian is and forever will be Sandbag.  Loves to practice masochism and algolagnia.SGOlympian keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.SGOlympian helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.SGOlympian has referred new users to the site.SGOlympian did something funny.SGOlympian impressed a staff member by doing something smart.SGOlympian helped a member with a problem.SGOlympian contributed to the Stadium community.SGOlympian has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.SGOlympian spent way too much time obtaining the maximum score of 999,999,999 points in Brawl's All Star mode.SGOlympian holds or held a world record score in one of Smash's Stadium modes.SGOlympian has a combined score of 130,000 feet (39,624 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 90,000 feet (27,432 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.SGOlympian has won a Stadium Gaming Olympics tournament.

Quote (originally posted by the hylian):
is classic and stuff finished already?... still gotta try those =S

Those 1-P modes will be extended to August 9, 2011 at 23:59 PST.

Quote (originally posted by hotdogturtle):
Edit: I have a different question actually. Is it against the rules to use Debug mode to access RTTF, only so you don't have to go through Classic mode every time? I wouldn't modify any of the game settings, obviously.

It's allowed, as long as the game settings aren't altered at any way.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSBSGOlympian
http://www.twitch.tv/sgolympian
5:02 PM Aug 6 2011 2011
hotdogturtle
Grandmaster
hotdogturtle is a moderator in the Stadium section!hotdogturtle has provided valuable testing services for the website.hotdogturtle is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.hotdogturtle did something funny.hotdogturtle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.hotdogturtle helped a member with a problem.hotdogturtle has referred new users to the site.hotdogturtle wrote an exemplary guide.hotdogturtle wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!hotdogturtle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.hotdogturtle won a Custom Texture Contest! hotdogturtle defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!hotdogturtle won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!hotdogturtle contributed to the Stadium community.hotdogturtle has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.

I can start a 44-second timed match with Pikachu as the only character, so it works out the same as it is in classic mode, and you'll be able to see the finishing time on the screen as normal.

Also, I figured out how I can record myself while playing (stacked a bunch of boxes in front of my TV for my camera to sit on >_>­).
11:07 PM Aug 6 2011 2011
Treklink256
Stadium Arcadium
Treklink256 is a moderator in the Stadium section!Treklink256 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Treklink256 contributed to the Stadium community.Treklink256 has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.Treklink256 spent way too much time obtaining the maximum score of 999,999,999 points in Brawl's All Star mode.Treklink256 holds or held a world record score in one of Smash's Stadium modes.Treklink256 has a combined score of 130,000 feet (39,624 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 90,000 feet (27,432 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.Treklink256 has won a Stadium Gaming Olympics tournament.Treklink256 holds or held a world-record combined total score in Melee's All-Star mode.

Using the debug menu via AR to access RttF alters gameplay. Hitstun works differently when using the debug menu and depending on the strat allows you to get a significantly faster time that's otherwise impossible without debug. Back when RttF was in the wr list we kept separate AR and non-AR categories because the two were simply incompatible. There's a few other changes in gameplay but that's the only one I remember right off hand.

I'm submitting my scores sometime late tomorrow. I'm switching ISPs on Monday and don't know when I'll be totally up and running again, but I'll keep trying if I can.

I haven't even tried improving my All-Star score. <_<
[url=http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=196721]"i like buttballs better" - tipo mastr
11:13 PM Aug 6 2011 2011
hotdogturtle
Grandmaster
hotdogturtle is a moderator in the Stadium section!hotdogturtle has provided valuable testing services for the website.hotdogturtle is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.hotdogturtle did something funny.hotdogturtle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.hotdogturtle helped a member with a problem.hotdogturtle has referred new users to the site.hotdogturtle wrote an exemplary guide.hotdogturtle wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!hotdogturtle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.hotdogturtle won a Custom Texture Contest! hotdogturtle defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!hotdogturtle won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!hotdogturtle contributed to the Stadium community.hotdogturtle has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.

Ok, I didn't know that. I'll use Classic mode.

Edit: Does that go for Escape from Brinstar too? There's nothing that hurts you in that stage but I don't know about the "other differences" between the modes.
Last edited by hotdogturtle, 11:23 PM on Aug 06, 2011
11:58 PM Aug 6 2011 2011
Treklink256
Stadium Arcadium
Treklink256 is a moderator in the Stadium section!Treklink256 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Treklink256 contributed to the Stadium community.Treklink256 has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.Treklink256 spent way too much time obtaining the maximum score of 999,999,999 points in Brawl's All Star mode.Treklink256 holds or held a world record score in one of Smash's Stadium modes.Treklink256 has a combined score of 130,000 feet (39,624 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 90,000 feet (27,432 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.Treklink256 has won a Stadium Gaming Olympics tournament.Treklink256 holds or held a world-record combined total score in Melee's All-Star mode.

I'm not aware of any AR/nonAR gameplay differences in EfB. Anyone talk to pyh189 anymore? He might know.

Imo AR shouldn't be allowed either way, since going through the various stages beforehand (and the extra anxiety this induces) is a part of the challenge, and also since it isn't allowed in anything else related to high score competition. In principle it wouldn't be much different from ARing Peach bombs which nearly everyone in HRC agrees isn't a legitimate tactic.
[url=http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=196721]"i like buttballs better" - tipo mastr
12:07 AM Aug 7 2011 2011
hotdogturtle
Grandmaster

On a technical level I'm not using AR, just a burned disc with Debug mode access, so I couldn't hack anything else anyway >_>

But you're right, it's not really on the same level. I just thought it would would be nice for extra practice, but I had no idea that the mechanics were actually different (I've only had this disc for a month, and never touched Debug before that). I don't want this discussion to turn sour so I won't bring it up again.

On a different note, is the Brawl Event 41 supposed to done on Easy since that's the fastest?
12:39 AM Aug 7 2011 2011
SGOlympian
Fortification Unit
SGOlympian is a super moderator for the site.SGOlympian has provided valuable testing services for the website.SGOlympian rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.SGOlympian watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.SGOlympian is and forever will be Sandbag.  Loves to practice masochism and algolagnia.SGOlympian keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.SGOlympian helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.SGOlympian has referred new users to the site.SGOlympian did something funny.SGOlympian impressed a staff member by doing something smart.SGOlympian helped a member with a problem.SGOlympian contributed to the Stadium community.SGOlympian has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.SGOlympian spent way too much time obtaining the maximum score of 999,999,999 points in Brawl's All Star mode.SGOlympian holds or held a world record score in one of Smash's Stadium modes.SGOlympian has a combined score of 130,000 feet (39,624 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 90,000 feet (27,432 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.SGOlympian has won a Stadium Gaming Olympics tournament.

Quote (originally posted by hotdogturtle):
On a technical level I'm not using AR, just a burned disc with Debug mode access, so I couldn't hack anything else anyway >_>

But you're right, it's not really on the same level. I just thought it would would be nice for extra practice, but I had no idea that the mechanics were actually different (I've only had this disc for a month, and never touched Debug before that). I don't want this discussion to turn sour so I won't bring it up again.

On a different note, is the Brawl Event 41 supposed to done on Easy since that's the fastest?

Yes, Brawl Event 41 will be on easy difficulty.

EDIT:

I should learn more Melee due to my lack of knowledge in there >_>
7:20 PM Aug 7 2011 2011
the hylian
Super Slugger
the hylian rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.the hylian contributed to the Stadium community.the hylian has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.the hylian has a combined score of 130,000 feet (39,624 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 90,000 feet (27,432 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.

still got so much stuff to do =S

I hope you don't mind if I finish my last 2 hrc scores tomorrow, still gotta do the screwed up stadium part and the classic and adventure modes. which I'll probably do once to get a score
uhmm... when are the multiman events?
11:15 PM Aug 7 2011 2011
SGOlympian
Fortification Unit

Quote (originally posted by the hylian):
still got so much stuff to do =S

I hope you don't mind if I finish my last 2 hrc scores tomorrow, still gotta do the screwed up stadium part and the classic and adventure modes. which I'll probably do once to get a score
uhmm... when are the multiman events?

Multi-Man events began on July 20th and ended on July 27th iirc.

I don't mind if you finish your last scores.
12:33 AM Aug 8 2011 2011
hotdogturtle
Grandmaster

Meh, I realized that I won't have as much time to play this week as I thought. That only gives me a few days to practice for these things and get them on camera. At least I got a decent, but improvable, Yoshi Brinstar run recorded so far.
10:47 AM Aug 8 2011 2011
the hylian
Super Slugger
the hylian rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.the hylian contributed to the Stadium community.the hylian has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.the hylian has a combined score of 130,000 feet (39,624 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 90,000 feet (27,432 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.

bleh ylink is so hard in pal... so I settled for a crappy score =/

only falco left

EDIT: falco also done
I'll see if I can do some SuS scores
Last edited by the hylian, 11:21 AM on Aug 08, 2011
4:14 PM Aug 9 2011 2011
SGOlympian
Fortification Unit

hmm..

I suck at Event 41 xD

EDIT:

Event 41 - 31.78 (will do for now)
Last edited by SGOlympian, 4:48 PM on Aug 09, 2011
4:32 PM Aug 11 2011 2011
Super_Wario
World Record Holder
Super_Wario contributed to the Stadium community.Super_Wario holds or held a world record score in one of Smash's Stadium modes.

My Wii can´t read discs...I´ll try my best to borrow a Wii tomorrow and submit a score icon_smile
Last edited by Super_Wario, 4:46 PM on Aug 12, 2011
5:06 PM Aug 12 2011 2011
SGOlympian
Fortification Unit

I'll extend the last week of events (because I'll be unavailable this weekend) to Wednesday, August 17, 2011.
10:51 PM Aug 12 2011 2011
hotdogturtle
Grandmaster

That's cool. I get back home on Sunday so this gives me a little extra time.

Although I'm putting all my effort into Brinstar so I can maybe win 1 event instead of failing at all of them >_>
6:25 PM Aug 14 2011 2011
SGOlympian
Fortification Unit

hmm...

any new records..??

btw I'll post the HRC results later.

EDIT:

Event 41- 21.20

@the hylian, can you send me a picture or video of your HRC and Multi-Man entries?
Last edited by SGOlympian, 7:45 PM on Aug 15, 2011
10:48 PM Aug 15 2011 2011
Treklink256
Stadium Arcadium

TKD, what do you mean by "don't touch the ground" in SSB64 BtP? You touch the platforms, but not the ground?

That and Evt 51 are the only things I haven't completed something in (besides Brawl lol).
11:58 PM Aug 15 2011 2011
SGOlympian
Fortification Unit

Quote (originally posted by Treklink256):
TKD, what do you mean by "don't touch the ground" in SSB64 BtP? You touch the platforms, but not the ground?

That and Evt 51 are the only things I haven't completed something in (besides Brawl lol).

Yes, only touch the platforms.  Though, you start on the ground, it doesn't start until you start touching the first platform.
11:48 AM Aug 16 2011 2011
the hylian
Super Slugger

I actually have vids, I'll upload them later today I guess.
4:34 AM Aug 17 2011 2011
the hylian
Super Slugger

I can't find the usb thingy for my camera =S

I can't upload if I can't find it =/
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Quick Jump
rss