Dubz tier list

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2
4:04 PM Aug 29 2011 2011
Rayquaza07
Smash PhD
Rayquaza07 cheated on the Ladder. Don't bother playing this person.
"Pumpkin Eater"Rayquaza07 rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Rayquaza07 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Rayquaza07 helped a member with a problem.

Dubz tier list
read a blog about some1 asking if one could be made and im sure other pplz feel the same way

S tier:

MK

wario

gandw

diddy

lucario

marth

A tier:

Zss

d3

Kirby

peach

dk

pika

pit

weegee

B tier:

ROB

falco

wolf

tl

C tier:

sonic

shiek/zelda

fox

lucas

ness

yoshi

cf

snake

oli

mario

D tier:

ics

gannon

PT

samus

bowser

jiggs

link

if any1 can give a reason for me changing anything below the S tier that would be helpful
Last edited by Rayquaza07, 5:40 PM on Sep 01, 2011
6:44 PM Aug 29 2011 2011
Striker_X
Baller

I would think ICs would be worst.
8:35 PM Aug 29 2011 2011
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

Snake is lower than he should be, especially considering that lots of top doubles teams have (and still use) snake.

tbh it's not that bad a list imo.  Everyone minus a few seems to be within the proper "tier range".
Last edited by Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy, 3:51 AM on Sep 01, 2011
1:28 AM Aug 30 2011 2011
Legit
Doubles Pro
Legit is a site ladder referee.Legit gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.

diddy blows in doubles.
11:33 AM Aug 30 2011 2011
Rayquaza07
Smash PhD
"Pumpkin Eater"Rayquaza07 rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Rayquaza07 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Rayquaza07 helped a member with a problem.

snake is mid tier in singlez imo he sux worse in dubz
8:14 AM Aug 31 2011 2011
The Cadet
Addicted to Wifi
The Cadet impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Quote (originally posted by Rayquaza07):
snake is mid tier in singlez imo he sux worse in dubz

Yes, well, basically everyone in the competitive community and most tournaments results would say that you are wrong. Snake is definitely top 5 in Brawl in singles, and in doubles he's easily one of the best.

Also, you missed SS tier: MK. MK is DEFINITELY in his own tier in doubles. He's the only character where it makes sense to have him on a team twice, there is almost never more than one team in top 8 at a big tournament that has no MK, and every single one of his weaknesses in singles is covered in doubles and then some.
Scrub: Person who does not play to win
Noob: Person who does not play well enough to win
There's a difference. Figure out it.
3:57 PM Aug 31 2011 2011
Eternal Mangekyo Zebra
Sage
Eternal Mangekyo Zebra impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

It's actually more reasonable to have mk banned in doubles than in singles.

He's just unstoppable in doubles. As far as i know alot of top players have a pocket mk for doubles and do just fine with him. Some of which hardly ever use him.
4:29 PM Aug 31 2011 2011
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
"Troll"

Quote (originally posted by Legit):
diddy blows in doubles.

He's actually ok imo, better than Falco for sure.

I personally like Diddy because his bananas have actually more utility in doubles when used right.  On top of good punish oos, they help your partner out a ton (if your partner's in trouble/getting murdered, throwing a banana in the fray resets the situation really well), and banana can help your partner out really well if they know how to use it.  Diddy also has a really good recovery and is hard to land hits on him safely, making him a deceptive stock tank (my partner and I do a quasi-anubis w/ Diddy, and even though he's still a mostly on-stage character, he makes himself hard to hit and helps me get out of sticky 2v1 situations, while I cover the air to close off the opponent's escape from him in turn, plus AS is guaranteed on slipping opponents pretty much, it's awesome).  He's still good imo, it's just that other characters rise so much from their own utility in doubles.

It's funny, a lot of these claims seem like they come from a lack of review of results.  If you've looked at how consistent some characters are, you would seriously reconsider how badly some chars have been rated (and conversely, how worse some chars can be in doubles).
11:33 PM Aug 31 2011 2011
Rayquaza07
Smash PhD

Yes, well, basically everyone in the competitive community and most tournaments results would say that you are wrong.

well they can play snake vs me and see how well they fare vs my gannon or any1 else random gives me
5:47 AM Sep 1 2011 2011
SMASHKNG
Addicted to Wifi

No Ike? BTW If MK is S tier in singles, then he is SSSSSSSSSS tier in doubles. There is little to no reason not to have at least 1 MK in teams. He can safely save your partner from gimps and he himself gimps like crazy. Many teams could have been great if it wasn't for MK. Wario and G&W works great with almost any team as well, Wario with his tanking (and not having to worry about grab releases due to interference) and G&W with his smashes that kill at like 70-90% depending on the opponent's weight. Snake is also amazing in teams with the right partner, it's just that he isn't as compatible with some characters unlike MK and he has a slightly high learning curve in teams as well.
7:41 AM Sep 1 2011 2011
HOTLink
Baller

Switch Oli with Snake and Pika with Diddy.
10:05 AM Sep 1 2011 2011
Gardex
I Won the Game
Gardex rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Gardex did something funny.Gardex impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Gardex helped a member with a problem.Gardex won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!Gardex has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

I'm pretty sure MK is the best, but not by that big of a margin seeing as G&W and Wario also are amazing in doubles.

Snake is pretty much a lone 4th spot. Then you got characters like Lucario, ZSS, Marth, ROB, Pika, D3, Lucas(for certain character teams) and Diddy
5:40 PM Sep 1 2011 2011
Rayquaza07
Smash PhD

pika is not as gud in diddy in dubz nuff said XD
6:13 PM Sep 1 2011 2011
Gardex
I Won the Game
Gardex rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Gardex did something funny.Gardex impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Gardex helped a member with a problem.Gardex won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!Gardex has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

diddy is not as gud in snake in dubz nuff said XD
11:09 PM Sep 1 2011 2011
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy
Tons of Damage
"Troll"

Quote (originally posted by GardoTwist ChocolatePie):
I'm pretty sure MK is the best, but not by that big of a margin seeing as G&W and Wario also are amazing in doubles.

Snake is pretty much a lone 4th spot. Then you got characters like Lucario, ZSS, Marth, ROB, Pika, D3, Lucas(for certain character teams) and Diddy

This actually sounds fairly accurate, but I don't think Snake is a lone 4th, but nonetheless top 5 for sure.  These teammates all have some really good strengths going for them, some of them are more "thematic", and others are just really solid role-wise.
11:59 PM Sep 2 2011 2011
jr22
The Very Best

Snake mid tier? please, there should'nt really be a double tier list because you will discuss what dose character dose good with this character in doubles and discuss alot of MU's about this. Oh yeah FYI look at snake at doubles he is really good what makes you think he is mid tier?
Last edited by jr22, 2:52 PM on Sep 16, 2011
1:47 AM Sep 21 2011 2011
The Cadet
Addicted to Wifi
The Cadet impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Quote (originally posted by Gardex):

I think you really are underestimating just how good MK is in doubles. He's retarded.
Scrub: Person who does not play to win
Noob: Person who does not play well enough to win
There's a difference. Figure out it.
2:58 AM Sep 21 2011 2011
Gardex
I Won the Game

Nah man, I'm just overestimating how rape Wario and G&W are
11:34 AM Feb 1 2012 2012
Mister Kirby
I Voted

ganondorg is S tier in dubz, tons of instant low percent deaths.
7:07 AM Feb 4 2012 2012
whismurlover

id put samus at the end she pretty much can only realy on aerials which rnt that good so mostly tilts grabs but maybe a few missles because ull hert ur partner so bobmbs woul probabley be ur worst

to jet3000 the reason y is probabley his a good target and easily can kill his own team mate with his own improtant set up moves causing him to do close range and horrible air game his only good aerials r probabley uair and bair if any miss ur dead basicslly
Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss