Who will win the 2011 Major League Baseball World Series?

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Who will win the 2011 Major League Baseball World Series?
Texas Rangers (187)

Detroit Tigers (99)

New York Yankees (440)

Tampa Bay Rays (71)

Arizona Diamondbacks (41)

Milwaukee Brewers (49)

St. Louis Cardinals (160)

Philadelphia Phillies (172)

I don't follow baseball (761)

11:44 PM Oct 6 2011 2011
Debom
Novice
Debom did something funny.

Yanks suck, let's go Rangers!
11:49 PM Oct 6 2011 2011
Queensryche
Helpful
Queensryche has referred new users to the site.Queensryche impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Queensryche helped a member with a problem.

Quote (originally posted by Solid Soul):
yeah they have most wins but have they played anybody yet? u sir obviously have no idea how baseball works <.<

102 wins means you have to have beaten some good teams. True, they were 3-6 against the Cardinals, but the regular season means nothing at this point. But other than the Cards and the Nationals, they have a winning record against every NL team. They also beat the Rangers two of three.

And 341 people just lost out on a badge.
2:35 AM Oct 7 2011 2011
Paper Chaser
Unstoppable
Paper Chaser rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Paper Chaser is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

341 out
1:23 PM Oct 7 2011 2011
Z3PHYR-11
Gemini

... Come on, Rangers. You need to take the whole thing, now!
3:04 PM Oct 7 2011 2011
The_SuperiorTaste
Veteran

2 hours until D' Backs are one step closer to winning the world series
10:14 PM Oct 7 2011 2011
Yoshinendo
The Scarlet Devil
Yoshinendo is a super moderator for the site.Yoshinendo has provided valuable testing services for the website.Yoshinendo rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Yoshinendo rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Yoshinendo slays dragons and cuts fruit.Yoshinendo is infatuated with Touhou's Remilia ScarletYoshinendo has referred new users to the site.Yoshinendo did something funny.Yoshinendo impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Yoshinendo helped a member with a problem.Yoshinendo keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Yoshinendo contributed to the Stadium community.

Brewers vs. Cardinals yes?
11:14 PM Oct 7 2011 2011
NJMike
Streaker
NJMike impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Phillies are out.. God their bats were cold tonight. And what a way to end the night with Ryan Howard hurting himself (seems like he broke his foot?). But I just don't get how this happened with this awesome team they had.

11:17 PM Oct 7 2011 2011
Teb
Low Tier Ladder Top 32

Les go Tigers
11:59 PM Oct 7 2011 2011
Queensryche
Helpful
Queensryche has referred new users to the site.Queensryche impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Queensryche helped a member with a problem.

Well.........

To say this loss is heartbreaking for Phillies fans is an understatement. It's soul-tearing is what it is. 102 wins with one of the most prolific pitching rotations, and to end with a 1-0 loss in a do-or-die game is indescribable. A season where anything less than a World Series win would be seen as a failure is now a complete failure.

This one, there'll be a lot of "what ifs". Like "What if Cliff Lee hadn't blown a four run lead in Game 2" or "What if Roy Oswalt hadn't let David Freese own him". But when it comes down to it, this was a failure for the entire team. The offense disappeared, and two of the four aces in the bullpen let them down. Now it's a long winter and looking ahead, with Jimmy Rollins, Cole Hamels, and Mad Dog all heading to free agency. I have a feeling at least one of them will be gone, with the question "What next?" being prevalent.

But it is what it is. The Cardinals were the better team, and they proved it. They got the hits when they needed, and the starters and bullpen stepped up and got it done. I'll probably be over it when I wake up tomorrow, but man...........this is as soul-shattering as when the Eagles lost to the Buccaneers in 2003. I had always thought that one championship would be enough for my lifetime. But after 2008, I discovered the true curse of sports fandom: no matter how many championships your team wins, it's never enough, and disappointment will never be completely gone.

I'll still remember this season fondly though: Cliff Lee's return, being there for Hunter Pence's Phillies debut, witnessing Cliff Lee's first career home run in person, seeing Juan Perez throw an Immaculate Inning, and so on. But this is a bitter pill to swallow.

At this point, I'm hoping for a Brewers/Rangers World Series, just so that there's a guaranteed first-time winner. But I'm now gonna throw my support to the Brewers, because they've got a loyal fanbase and because I want to see Rollie 2K11, The Brauny Man, and The World's Fattest Vegan (I say that affectionately about Prince Fielder) get a championship.
12:56 AM Oct 8 2011 2011
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President
dmbrandon passed a Tournament Host Certification test.dmbrandon rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.dmbrandon rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.dmbrandon is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.dmbrandon did something funny.dmbrandon impressed a staff member by doing something smart.dmbrandon wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Quote (originally posted by Lord Empoleon):
IF u voted for the Yankees then U dont follow Baseball lol

The Phillies Have the 4 Aces, the best Pitching Rotation in the HISTORY of Baseball.

GO PHILLIES!!!!! RED OCTOBER!!!!

btw, the Phillies have 102 wins, they have the most wins out of every team this season so yeah

/ahem

Burn.
1:58 AM Oct 8 2011 2011
Z3PHYR-11
Gemini

... So, where do we go from here? 4 teams remain, & only 1 of them will win the World Series. May the best team win.
2:13 AM Oct 8 2011 2011
Queensryche
Helpful

Quote (originally posted by Z3PHYR-11):
... So, where do we go from here? 4 teams remain, & only 1 of them will win the World Series. May the best team win.

It begins Saturday, with Game 1 of Tigers vs. Rangers and Sunday with Game 1 of Brewers vs. Cardinals.

Oh, and last thing I'll say about the Phillies: I'll admit I'm a bit touchy about how Philadelphia's sports fanbase is portrayed and perceived by the media and the general public. But booing Ryan Howard RIGHT AFTER he likely ruptured his Achilles tendon? Just......no. I'm utterly embarrassed by it.
4:52 AM Oct 8 2011 2011
Jem
Famous
Jem rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Jem is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Jem did something funny.

Wins mean nothing. Patriots were 18-0 going into the Superbowl. Packers were a 6 seed and won the Superbowl last year. The Seattle Mariners had 112 wins, which I can't remember but might be the most in the regular season ever. We then proceeded to lose in the first round of the playoffs.

I wish I had stuck with my gut feeling of Texas Rangers since I follow sports. Once I saw the Rays own them 9-0 on Texas turf in game 1, I switched because of thinking maybe the Rays were the team of destiny.
9:53 AM Oct 8 2011 2011
ook
Cheesehead
ook rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.ook rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.ook is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.ook did something funny.ook impressed a staff member by doing something smart.ook helped a member with a problem.ook has referred new users to the site.

Wooooooo go Brewers!

and lol people are still voting for the Yankees after they're out
5:07 PM Oct 8 2011 2011
Paper Chaser
Unstoppable
Paper Chaser rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Paper Chaser is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

LOL people are still voting for the yankees after their elimination? smh..

anyways, for those who are lost here's what's going on:

- Tigers vs Rangers Game 1 is today.

- Verlander vs CJ Wilson should be a good matchup

what might go down:

- i have a strong feeling Detroit will beat the Rangers in 4 games.

- expect a Detroit Tigers vs Milwaukee Brewers 2011 World Series
5:10 PM Oct 8 2011 2011
Paper Chaser
Unstoppable

Quote (originally posted by The_SuperiorTaste):
2 hours until D' Backs are one step closer to winning the world series

lol it's ok. the Giants can show the d'bags how to get things done next season :-)
Cole World
5:30 PM Oct 8 2011 2011
Queensryche
Helpful

Quote (originally posted by V-TEK):
lol it's ok. the Giants can show the d'bags how to get things done next season :-)

I'd say chances are good that the Giants will sign Jimmy Rollins.

He definitely isn't what he was in 2007, but he's good enough. Better than freakin' Tejada for sure.
5:04 AM Oct 15 2011 2011
Paper Chaser
Unstoppable

make or break today Tigers.. game 5 is at 8:05 eastern and 5:05 pacific.
5:07 AM Oct 15 2011 2011
Paper Chaser
Unstoppable

Quote (originally posted by Queensryche):
I'd say chances are good that the Giants will sign Jimmy Rollins.

He definitely isn't what he was in 2007, but he's good enough. Better than freakin' Tejada for sure.

it'd be nice to see Jose Bautista go to the Giants icon_razz

if only.. \o/
Cole World
11:06 PM Oct 15 2011 2011
Debom
Novice
Debom did something funny.

Rangers lookin' good. Now let's go brewcrew
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Quick Jump
rss