AiB Halloween Contests

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2
Posted at 12:51 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Invinciboy
Kill It With Fire!
AiB Halloween Contests
Hello, everyone! With that spooky holiday everyone knows and loves around the corner, we figured there should be some contests to get everyone hyped. Hopefully you all won't be too busy munching on candy, scaring little kids, or hunting ghosts in a creepy mansion with a Poltergust 3000 strapped to your back, to participate. So, without further ado, I present to you the two contests for this year!

1. Pumpkin Carving Contest 2011

This has been featured on the Art District corner of the front page since October 3rd, so I'm sure many of you noticed it. If not, here is the link I speak of. Basically, you take a pumpkin, hack it up, and make a pretty scene from anything Smash-related. Badges are given to those that participate, as well as those that are finalists and winner. So what are you waiting for? Go on out there and find that Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! I mean...interested reader! (P.S. If you have any questions, send a private message or leave a shoutout to Cyanoctopus.)

2. 1st Annual Halloween Costume Competition

A new addition to our contest repertoire. This was something I wanted to give a try last year, but it never got off the ground...until today! The rules for this contest are very simple:

1. Get your Halloween costume together. (No need to buy another one just for this contest; use the one you have. And please don't make your costume inappropriate. Any costume that breaks the site rules on that kind of stuff will be discarded, so keep it PG or so.)
2. Take a picture of yourself in it.
3. Submit it to me, Candyboy, via private message. (If you're dressed as a certain character, say who it is. Including a picture of that character would also be a good idea.)
4. Profit!

After the deadline of November 1st, midnight PST (when the day turns to November 2nd, for those that aren't good with time), an esteemed panel of judges will begin to evaluate the entrants for their effort, creativity, and a couple other categories. Badges will definitely be given out to those that participate and win, and depending on how many participants there are, there could also be one for finalists. I hope you all send in some crazy, cute, or creepy costumes for us to get a good laugh or scare out of!

Well, that's about it for this year. Good luck to those that plan to participate, and Happy Halloween to all you smashers out there!
12:57 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
lawlz
Honorary palaver-er-er-er-er...
lawlz is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

Awesome!
1:01 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Renzi

First
1:23 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Fandangox
Defender
Fandangox rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Fandangox did something funny.Fandangox impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Fandangox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Fandangox has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Yes Ren, you were first.
2:01 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Sakram3nt
Dark Knight
Sakram3nt has referred new users to the site.Sakram3nt did something funny.Sakram3nt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Sakram3nt helped a member with a problem.Sakram3nt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Sakram3nt has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

yesss! gotta get a pumpkin for this now.
2:32 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Tulat
Best on My Block
Tulat rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Tulat helped a member with a problem.

I hope dad has time to make a jack o' lantern with me before October 3rd :/
2:41 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Invinciboy
Kill It With Fire!
Invinciboy has provided valuable testing services for the website.Invinciboy wants to pour gasoline on Kirby and set it ablaze!Invinciboy has referred new users to the site.Invinciboy made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Invinciboy did something funny.Invinciboy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Invinciboy helped a member with a problem.Invinciboy keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Invinciboy participated in the Karaoke Contest!Invinciboy has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

It's October 24, bro. lol

2:54 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
KMF
Spread the Love

Hype for Halloween!
3:11 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Tulat
Best on My Block
Tulat rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Tulat helped a member with a problem.

Fail, I wasn't thinking and thought you said "by October 3rd" on the blog, I meant before November 1st. :]
3:16 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Invinciboy
Kill It With Fire!
Invinciboy has provided valuable testing services for the website.Invinciboy wants to pour gasoline on Kirby and set it ablaze!Invinciboy has referred new users to the site.Invinciboy made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Invinciboy did something funny.Invinciboy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Invinciboy helped a member with a problem.Invinciboy keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Invinciboy participated in the Karaoke Contest!Invinciboy has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Thought so. No big deal. And hey, if you can't make that competition, you can always go for mine. icon_biggrin

3:51 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
IblisStarEvan
Hanging Chad
IblisStarEvan has referred new users to the site.IblisStarEvan did something funny.IblisStarEvan helped a member with a problem.IblisStarEvan keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Gonna have to try and do this!
4:04 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Drama-Sama
Artisan
Drama-Sama impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Drama-Sama helped a member with a problem.Drama-Sama won a Signature of the Week contest!

No banner contest? >>
4:09 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Invinciboy
Kill It With Fire!

Not that I know of. Zolga would be all over it if there was.

4:11 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Golden-psyco
Master of Disguise
Golden-psyco rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Golden-psyco rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.

umm...i have two costumes, am i allowed to submit both or can i only choose one?
4:18 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Invinciboy
Kill It With Fire!

Just one. Make it the one you think will wow the judges more.

9:51 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
OrangeFox
I Know Where You Live
OrangeFox has provided valuable testing services for the website.OrangeFox did something funny.OrangeFox helped a member with a problem.OrangeFox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.OrangeFox gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.OrangeFox contributed to the Stadium community.

Im entering this totally!
9:52 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Hunter Keeba
Gamer
Hunter Keeba did something funny.Hunter Keeba helped a member with a problem.Hunter Keeba has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

I'm totally gunna entr kamii in his lucario fursuit
11:27 PM Oct 24 2011 2011
Karin
Tons of Damage

What if you're really ugly?
1:21 AM Oct 25 2011 2011
Luckytime
Featured Large Artist
Luckytime did something funny.Luckytime impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Luckytime has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy. Luckytime won a Large Art of the Month contest!Luckytime won a Signature of the Week contest!

Banner contest, NAOUGH!!!
9:18 AM Oct 25 2011 2011
Solid Raccoon
I only pretend to be a hooman when others are around.
Solid Raccoon rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Solid Raccoon is a furry. This user is a friend to animals everywhere, is willing to spend $1000+ on a mascot fursuit in which to parade around, and is the problem with the world. Secretly, this user is an animal, but pretends to be a human when spotted by one.Solid Raccoon gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.

lmfao
Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss