Doubles Weekend!

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2
Posted at 12:39 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Enrish
NARUTARD OVERLOAD!!!!!
Doubles Weekend!
As many of you know, we've been hosting Doubles Night throughout this season to help teams reach the 25 game requirement to get into the playoffs. Those nights have helped some teams, but because of the specific time and date of those nights others have been unable to participate. It's this reason I felt a new event was needed. Doubles Weekend! Doubles Weekend is generally three Doubles Night back-to-back-to-back. There will be a set time for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and if you play three matches during the set time of any of the three days you will be awarded the double dater badge! This means you must play three matches during the set time in one day. You can't play one match each day and get the badge. Along with the double dater badge you will given the chance to get the new weekend warrior badge. In order to get this badge you must play two matches during the set time of all three days. Yes, that means two matches Friday, Saturday AND Sunday. There is currently ten days left in this season and Doubles Weekend will be occurring the remaining two weekends. Please message me with a link of your team's ladder profile to get the badges.

The first Doubles Weekend will be happening this weekend, Nov. 11 to Nov. 13. The set times are:
Friday 4pm EST to 1am EST
Saturday 1pm EST to 2am EST
Sunday 1pm EST to 11pm EST

Because the set times are so long there will be no designated host. Staff members are welcome to go into the chat and do some trivia or any other side event during the set time if they'd like. Since Doubles Weekend will be taking up the remaining weekends of this season Doubles Night will now be hosted sometime during the week. Hopefully we can host another night or two.

As many of you should remember, and as referenced to above, there is a match requirement to get into the playoffs. The match requirement for singles is currently set to 30. With more than 2/3rds of the top 60 meeting the requirement and so many within five matches of meeting it I will not be changing the requirement for singles. If you plan on sneaking into the top 60 last second I suggest you leave yourself enough time to meet the requirement.

The doubles requirement is currently set to 25 matches, as stated above. It seems many teams are having trouble meeting that requirement, so I'm going to go ahead and lower the requirement to 20. It's certainly not that big of a difference, but many teams aren't far from meeting the requirement and there's still 10 days left in the season. If I feel too many teams will be held back because of the requirement I will lower it again, but not by much. If I do decide to change it I'll say something next week. Meanwhile keep doing your best!

For past articles regarding this season's ladder please take a look at the links below.
http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=1263

http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=1280
http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=1283
12:41 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Whipped Cream
Shark

diggin the new badge
12:49 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Mr. MR
Artisan

2nd?
1:11 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Gh0st
Pisces
Gh0st will eat you.Gh0st helped a member with a problem.

cool beanz!
1:20 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Abyss Nova
Rookie

Someone team with me for this...for badge justice! icon_biggrin

Seriously, anyone? icon_sad

On topic...it's nice to see more love for doubles. It's not so nice to see it during the time when the people I always teamed with never play anymore.
1:50 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Horsy
Tournament Administrator
Horsy is a Tournament Administrator for the site.Horsy has referred new users to the site.Horsy wrote an exemplary guide.Horsy did something funny.Horsy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Horsy helped a member with a problem.Horsy keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Horsy helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Horsy contributed to the Stadium community.

HYPE! icon_smile
2:05 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Tonguemaster
Doubles Champion
Tonguemaster cheated on the Ladder. Don't bother playing this person.
"Pumpkin Eater"Tonguemaster rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Tonguemaster is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Tonguemaster did something funny.Tonguemaster helped a member with a problem.

nice
2:12 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Krystedez
War is Over
Krystedez is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Krystedez impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Krystedez helped a member with a problem.Krystedez participated in the Karaoke Contest!

I might try teaming then this weekend if I get my project done.

Let's see, who all asked me so far this season to team... (thinks on the small list)
3:39 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
CT ZeRo
S-Class
CT ZeRo wrote an exemplary guide.CT ZeRo wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!CT ZeRo impressed a staff member by doing something smart.CT ZeRo gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.

El Chocolate Diablo will be there!
7:40 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Ori
The Very Best
Ori is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Ori impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Ori helped a member with a problem.Ori has referred new users to the site.Ori won a Signature of the Week contest!

^best name ever and great reference.

SUPER HYPED FOR THIS
10:46 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Magi
Famous

HALLELUJAH
10:52 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Gardex
I Won the Game
Gardex rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Gardex did something funny.Gardex impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Gardex helped a member with a problem.Gardex won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!Gardex has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Team America is going to tear this apart
10:54 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Chiiiiii
Better Than You

no europeans please
11:05 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Zodi
Ladder Pro
Zodi is a site ladder referee.Zodi has provided valuable testing services for the website.Zodi Fought in the Grudge Match Friday series, settled their differences with an opponent, and came out on top.Zodi helped a member with a problem.Zodi participated in the Karaoke Contest!Zodi gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.Zodi contributed to the Stadium community.

hmm really good idea with the dubz weekend.
Not too excited about the match requirements in dubz but i think its excellent for singles cuz alot of people like to wait til the last 3 days of the season then they get like top 20 when other people worked so hard all season just get budged out the top 64 xD

lets just hope we get enough people on dubz weekend at once with the large time span icon_smile
11:14 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Enrish
NARUTARD OVERLOAD!!!!!
Enrish rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Enrish had to change his pants after watching the new Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 character roster. He may cease to exist when the game releases. NARUTARD OVERLOAD!Enrish is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Enrish made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Enrish did something funny.Enrish impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Enrish helped a member with a problem.Enrish has referred new users to the site.Enrish wrote an exemplary guide.Enrish keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Enrish contributed to the Stadium community.

The time for Doubles Weekend is definitely something I want to work with. I want to have it so people have a good opportunity to get the badge, but at the same time the shorter the time span, the more people will be motivated to participate at the designated time. I'm hopefully the new badge pushes people to go in and out of the Doubles Ladder chat throughout the day, which will excuse the large time span given.
11:16 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
hotdogturtle
Grandmaster
hotdogturtle is a moderator in the Stadium section!hotdogturtle has provided valuable testing services for the website.hotdogturtle is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.hotdogturtle did something funny.hotdogturtle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.hotdogturtle helped a member with a problem.hotdogturtle has referred new users to the site.hotdogturtle wrote an exemplary guide.hotdogturtle wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!hotdogturtle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.hotdogturtle won a Custom Texture Contest! hotdogturtle defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!hotdogturtle won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!hotdogturtle contributed to the Stadium community.hotdogturtle has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.

All that pain and effort just for 200 points... And it doesn't clash well with my work schedule either. I probably won't play. But I'll try to go in for trivia if there is any and I don't miss it.
11:27 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Tairbear
I Carry All the Weight Around Here
Tairbear is a fan of Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop.Tairbear is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Tairbear did something funny.Tairbear impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Tairbear helped a member with a problem.Tairbear keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Tairbear has referred new users to the site.Tairbear gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.

"you must give up your weekend and any tourny you plan on attending to get this badge"
11:40 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
Enrish
NARUTARD OVERLOAD!!!!!
Enrish rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Enrish had to change his pants after watching the new Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 character roster. He may cease to exist when the game releases. NARUTARD OVERLOAD!Enrish is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Enrish made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Enrish did something funny.Enrish impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Enrish helped a member with a problem.Enrish has referred new users to the site.Enrish wrote an exemplary guide.Enrish keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Enrish contributed to the Stadium community.

Depending on how good you are two matches should only take 40-90 minutes. I'm sure spending two to three hours on this isn't taking up your whole weekend, or preventing you from going to a tournament. That's why the time span for Saturday is so large.
11:49 AM Nov 10 2011 2011
AfroTwist BananaPie
Better Than You
AfroTwist BananaPie did something funny.

Poor Tearbear
12:00 PM Nov 10 2011 2011
Izumi-kun
Let's Make a Contract
Izumi-kun has provided valuable testing services for the website.Izumi-kun would like you to make a contract with them.Izumi-kun is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Izumi-kun did something funny.Izumi-kun impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Izumi-kun helped a member with a problem.Izumi-kun keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Izumi-kun has referred new users to the site.Izumi-kun gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.

HYPE!
Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss