Page: 1 2 3 4 5 7
Posted at 10:50 PM on Dec 03, 2011
t0mmy
Veteran
Big City Gamin' -- Oregon State Tournament
Big City Gamin' -- Oregon State Tournament
Eugene, Oregon, United States
February 18, 2012
Big City Gamin' in Eugene holds weekly video game tournaments.
Brawl has been given a go for a tournament in their series.

Entrance Fees
SSB 1v1/2v2 - based on entrants

SSBM 1v1 - $5
SSBM 2v2 - based on entrants

SSBB 1v1 - $5
SSBB 2v2 - based on entrants

Schedule -- Event
10:00a -- Setup for SSB/SSBM; breakfast & friendlies
11:00a -- SSB1 doubles
12:00p -- SSB1 singles; SSBM signups (be prompt for signup!)
1:00p -- SSBM doubles (may start earlier if everyone is early!)
2:00p -- SSBM singles
4:00p -- Cleanup/move over to Big City Gamin' & setup there
4-5p -- friendlies (possibly SSBB 2v2)
6:00p -- SSBB Singles
After Brawl 1v1 -- Doubles, most likely free to encourage new players to stick around and join in for some team fun!

House Events - No Venue Fee
SSB1 and SSBM will be hosted at our house (it is within walking distance of Big City Gamin'). Most of you know our address (still same place) if you need an address, PM me.
We've got plenty of free parking at our place, it's probably more convenient to park your car at our place and walk over to the venue at 6p if you are planning on playing in the Brawl singles event.

The following games are hosted at our place:
Super Smash Bros. (Virtual Console)
Singles and Doubles according to entrants (minimum 6 entrants for 1v1 and 4 teams for 2v2).

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Singles and Doubles according to number of entrants (minimum 6 entrants for 1v1 and 4 teams for 2v2).

Big City Gamin' Venue - $5 venue fee
Big City Gamin' is hosting the Brawl 1v1 tournament, it is not our event and we don't have much say about how things are run, but Jonix is helping set up the event and giving advice on how to run the tournament.

The one and only Pwneroni, best Wario in the Pacific Northwest, has stated he may make an appearance at this event! How awesome is that?
Update: Pwneroni is confirmed to attend!

Rules
At our house:
1) Please take your shoes off at the door.
2) Bring your own controller
3) Please no eating or drinking outside the kitchen.
4) If you make a mess, ask for assistance on how to clean it.
5) Be polite to everyone, we compete but we are friends. No poor sportsmanship will be tolerated. Anyone exhibiting poor sportsmanship will be asked to leave.

SSB1
1) Will be run with the Wii Virtual Console (Gamecube controller and Classic Controller can be used, no need for an N64 controller)
2) Best 2 of 3 rounds; Upper/Lower/Grand finals best of 5.
3) Double-elimination bracket
4) 3 stocks
5) No Items
6) 1st stage: Agree to stage or default is Dreamland; agree to characters or double blind choose characters as default.
7) Banned stages: Mushroom Kingdom, Sector Z, Brinstar, Yoshi's Island.
8) Loser of previous round chooses stage next round (and selects their character last).

Melee rules can be found: |HERE|

Brawl rules
We will be using Japanese ruleset, also known as Oregon ruleset before it was Japanese rules. It can be found |HERE|
10:50 PM Dec 3 2011 2011
t0mmy
Veteran
t0mmy is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.t0mmy did something funny.t0mmy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.t0mmy helped a member with a problem.t0mmy has referred new users to the site.t0mmy wrote an exemplary guide.t0mmy wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!t0mmy has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Reserved for tournament organizer.
2:22 PM Dec 4 2011 2011
Jonix
Hanging Chad

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-City-Gamin/107972472573614

^^ should be the picture for the tournament DP :-)
12:23 PM Dec 4 2011 2011
Jonix
Hanging Chad

nevermind you are on that :-D
1:36 PM Dec 4 2011 2011
KyleTheWarioBikeMaster
Friendly

I mite go 2 this
10:16 PM Dec 4 2011 2011
t1mmy
t1mmy passed a Tournament Host Certification test.t1mmy is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.t1mmy keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.t1mmy has referred new users to the site.t1mmy wrote an exemplary guide.t1mmy wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!t1mmy has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Eugene tournies go!
5:02 PM Dec 5 2011 2011
t0mmy
Veteran
t0mmy is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.t0mmy did something funny.t0mmy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.t0mmy helped a member with a problem.t0mmy has referred new users to the site.t0mmy wrote an exemplary guide.t0mmy wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!t0mmy has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Hope you guys don't lose to the randoms that will be showing up. Haha.
9:24 PM Dec 5 2011 2011
t1mmy
t1mmy passed a Tournament Host Certification test.t1mmy is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.t1mmy keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.t1mmy has referred new users to the site.t1mmy wrote an exemplary guide.t1mmy wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!t1mmy has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

I'll go random on the randoms and beat them regardless.
10:46 AM Dec 6 2011 2011
t0mmy
Veteran

We should do a SSB doubles event and SSBM singles/doubles events before BCG does their Brawl tourney.
11:12 AM Dec 6 2011 2011
t1mmy

I'm down for that if it's at least $5 entry. :)
10:08 PM Dec 9 2011 2011
t1mmy

Only a week to go!
9:28 AM Dec 14 2011 2011
t1mmy

Sorry guys, but I'm going to win this. Just give me the money and save yourselves the trip.
3:52 PM Dec 14 2011 2011
t0mmy
Veteran

No MK ban, t1mmy's got this. lol
9:14 AM Dec 16 2011 2011
t1mmy

I'm going to plug three controllers in and play 3 Meta Knights at the same time against my opponent.
4:51 PM Dec 16 2011 2011
t1mmy

v and then Infinite Dimensional Cape with each of them.
8:46 PM Dec 16 2011 2011
t1mmy

Gettin' hyped for this event!
11:15 AM Dec 18 2011 2011
t0mmy
Veteran

Have to wait until after the holidays probably. So we might have to wait until next year for this, technically speaking. Haha.
5:21 PM Dec 23 2011 2011
Broseph Stalin
Who Dat?
Broseph Stalin did something funny.

I'm still mad at you guys. :(
6:08 PM Dec 23 2011 2011
All-Time Oregon Best Viviff
War is Over
All-Time Oregon Best Viviff is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

I feel like I'm being advertised without confirmation.

I would consider a boycott seeing as how bed-s***ting occurred with Best Bout, but I love SOREgon's free money and there might even be randoms to increase the pay day.
7:00 PM Dec 23 2011 2011
whittysx
War is Over
whittysx helped a member with a problem.

You're coming down, Viviff? Cool! We should all go to PRI afterward. I might even throw in some free money for you and wreck with my super sick Bowser. I still don't guarantee that I'll be there. Knowing the date would be nice.
8:12 PM Dec 23 2011 2011
All-Time Oregon Best Viviff
War is Over
All-Time Oregon Best Viviff is a troll. Please ignore anything said by this user.
"Troll"

Whitty playing me in tournament with Bowser? Yeah, I'm forfeiting that. My body wouldn't be able to withstand the awesome.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Quick Jump
rss