Great site - have a few questions though

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1
3:56 AM Jan 28 2012 2012
gw_epyon

Great site
Wasn't sure where the proper place to ask these questions was, so here goes.

1) in the brawl free play chat, people have colored names. What does the color indicate? If it's a skill or win based thing, what are the rankings of color?

2)Everyone I have played insofar, even in my timezone, has given me horrible button delay. Sometimes upwards of a second. Is this something everyone deals with or could it be something on my end?
4:17 AM Jan 28 2012 2012
Linkz
Master of Farore's Wind
Linkz is an administrator for the site.Linkz has provided valuable testing services for the website.Linkz rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Linkz watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Linkz mastered the art of Farore's Wind. This crest is proof that the Goddess of Courage herself acknowledges this accomplishment.Linkz is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Linkz did something funny.Linkz impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Linkz helped a member with a problem.Linkz has referred new users to the site.Linkz helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Linkz never really dies, even when his hearts run out.Linkz contributed to the Stadium community.

Different colored names are gained by earning certain badges available on the site. Badges can be earned in a variety of ways, but only some of them will allow you to change your name color. For example, my particular name color indicates that I'm a Ladder Referee (the badge also shows up beneath my avatar). Secondly, there are no "rankings" of color per-say, but people with glowing names generally have higher achievements than those with just a different color. Glowing names are used to identify Super Moderators as well as Administrators. Users who have placed high in national tournaments also get glowing names.

Input lag is just one of the many downsides of playing on wifi. If you have a slow internet connection, or if the person you are trying to play lives relatively far (like across the country) than lag is to be expected. There really is no way to fix this issue. The best thing you can do is try and play only those within your region.
When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
6:20 AM Jan 28 2012 2012
gw_epyon

Quote (originally posted by Linkz):
Different colored names are gained by earning certain badges available on the site. Badges can be earned in a variety of ways, but only some of them will allow you to change your name color. For example, my particular name color indicates that I'm a Ladder Referee (the badge also shows up beneath my avatar). Secondly, there are no "rankings" of color per-say, but people with glowing names generally have higher achievements than those with just a different color. Glowing names are used to identify Super Moderators as well as Administrators. Users who have placed high in national tournaments also get glowing names.

Input lag is just one of the many downsides of playing on wifi. If you have a slow internet connection, or if the person you are trying to play lives relatively far (like across the country) than lag is to be expected. There really is no way to fix this issue. The best thing you can do is try and play only those within your region.

That answers my second question. I've watched many wifi matches on youtube and they seem to have perfect timing. I guess they manage to buffer all their attacks properly even through the input lag. Mines so bad that I can't even reliably shield a projectile that I see coming.

The first question, though, was not referring to the forum users name color, but in the brawl chat color. For instance there are many green and blue people, and a very few number of silver and even less pink members. Wasn't sure what the colors of their names meant.
5:22 PM Jan 28 2012 2012
Repair man man man
Hazardous
Repair man man man has provided valuable testing services for the website.Repair man man man cheated on the Ladder. Don't bother playing this person.
"Pumpkin Eater"Repair man man man is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Repair man man man wrote an exemplary guide.

If your having lag with EVERY person your playing, then it's you that's lagging. You can refer to dawei's thread in the brawl discussion or mine. Or you can PM me if you want me to walk you through steps to get an ideal connection.
8:45 PM Jan 28 2012 2012
Linkz
Master of Farore's Wind
Linkz is an administrator for the site.Linkz has provided valuable testing services for the website.Linkz rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Linkz watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Linkz mastered the art of Farore's Wind. This crest is proof that the Goddess of Courage herself acknowledges this accomplishment.Linkz is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Linkz did something funny.Linkz impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Linkz helped a member with a problem.Linkz has referred new users to the site.Linkz helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Linkz never really dies, even when his hearts run out.Linkz contributed to the Stadium community.

Quote (originally posted by gw_epyon):
The first question, though, was not referring to the forum users name color, but in the brawl chat color. For instance there are many green and blue people, and a very few number of silver and even less pink members. Wasn't sure what the colors of their names meant.

Forum and chat colors are the same. You earn the different colors by earning specific badges. Green is the most common alternative colored name. You can get it by earning the Assistant badge or the Selfless badge.
When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
Page: 1

Quick Jump
rss