Graphic Resources and Blogs

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1
6:37 PM Jan 24 2012 2012
Revenant
Certified BAMF
Revenant is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Revenant is a certified BAMF. Check his kill/death.Revenant would like you to make a contract with them.Revenant King of sandwichesRevenant did something funny.Revenant impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Revenant keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Revenant won a Signature of the Week contest!

Graphic Resources and Blogs
This thread is dedicated to sharing your favorite design blogs, and resourceful websites.

I'll start things off of course.

PlanetRenders is a priceless tool when it comes to tags. You can visit the website for literally anything tag related. It's especially resourceful in terms of tutorials, renders, and critique.

Much like PlanetRenders, Abduzeedo will offer much in the way of tutorials and resourcefulness. However, unlike PlanetRenders, Abduzeedo is more dedicated to design as a whole, and hardly deals with anything that could be labeled as a tag or signature.

SmashingMagazine is possibly one of the most informative blogs on the web in way of design. You can find anything from nice free fonts, to career advice.

A wonderful utility that can be used to motivate and inspire. Remember, it's not where you take something from that matters, it's where you take it to.

I could literally go on for ages with all the resourceful sites I've collected over the past few years, but eventually it would become monotonous. So, for now, I'd like all of you to contribute, or even comment on what I've supplied thus far. (more will be added in the near future)
Last edited by Revenant, 7:33 PM on Jan 24, 2012
6:47 PM Jan 24 2012 2012
Kawaii Desu Otter
I Gots Jokes
Kawaii Desu Otter did something funny.Kawaii Desu Otter impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Kawaii Desu Otter helped a member with a problem.Kawaii Desu Otter keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Kawaii Desu Otter won a Large Art of the Month contest!Kawaii Desu Otter won a Signature of the Week contest!

i am very appreciative of your hard work revvy!!
6:49 PM Jan 24 2012 2012
Revenant
Certified BAMF
Revenant is way, WAY, too in love with the game Okami.Revenant is a certified BAMF. Check his kill/death.Revenant would like you to make a contract with them.Revenant King of sandwichesRevenant did something funny.Revenant impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Revenant keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Revenant won a Signature of the Week contest!

thanks!
6:51 PM Jan 24 2012 2012
Kawaii Desu Otter
I Gots Jokes
Kawaii Desu Otter did something funny.Kawaii Desu Otter impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Kawaii Desu Otter helped a member with a problem.Kawaii Desu Otter keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Kawaii Desu Otter won a Large Art of the Month contest!Kawaii Desu Otter won a Signature of the Week contest!

now stop being a fart brain
8:04 PM Jan 24 2012 2012
Kurei
Bang......
Kurei is a fan of Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop.Kurei is Dr. Cain's only mistake.Kurei has referred new users to the site.Kurei impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Kurei helped a member with a problem.Kurei won a Signature of the Week contest!

Wow nice ill go to some of those site when i need to get renders.
8:11 PM Jan 24 2012 2012
Ori
The Very Best
Ori is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Ori impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Ori helped a member with a problem.Ori has referred new users to the site.Ori won a Signature of the Week contest!

Hype. This thread just became bookmarked icon_biggrin
8:58 PM Jan 24 2012 2012
Luckytime
Featured Large Artist
Luckytime did something funny.Luckytime impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Luckytime has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy. Luckytime won a Large Art of the Month contest!Luckytime won a Signature of the Week contest!

Delta Visions is an all-around great resource for any aspiring graphic designer. I can't say much about it because I don't go there too often myself, but they have contests, renders, tutorials, a big-*** forum, and helpful community.

Dafont has hundreds, if not thousands of totally free fonts ready for download and use. They hold a wide variety of themes from fantastic to futuristic to the classics. If you're looking for a font, it's here.

I'm sure you all know about Deviantart by now but it's worth a mention. Great place for casual artists who want a place to keep an archive of their art, get comment and critique, and learn from other artists in the same boat. DA also deals with a multitude of different mediums, not just graphic art.

Newgrounds is another one like deviantart, a place where freelance artists can come and share their work through the art portal and get it critiqued. Unlike deviantart, however, artists who are interested in music, movies, and flash games will feel right at home here.

Of course, Google is the greatest resource of all.
9:50 PM Jan 24 2012 2012
Fandangox
Defender
Fandangox rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Fandangox did something funny.Fandangox impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Fandangox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Fandangox has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Spriters resource obviously. I have used it countless of time when doing sprites.

Surprisingly enough I actually go to this site more because of the art than because of Mother/EarthBound. This is not really a reference link, but they have many threads that have interesting concepts art. (and lots of comics derp)

Quote (originally posted by Detective Dizzy):
You Americans get so much done when PSN is down.

Quote (originally posted by Volke Aeno):
Fand, if you're gonna be a demon with no experience you have to start somewhere.
They don't pay you 7 figure wages of power at the entry level jobs.

Anyway, [Unreadable Name of Frog] eats Unknown Hedgehog. The end.
I wish.

You made 4 random chance typos at once.

11:32 PM Jan 24 2012 2012
Revenant
Certified BAMF

Good stuff so far.
11:59 PM Jan 24 2012 2012
Zerosyko
Featured Sig Maker
Zerosyko won a Signature of the Week contest!

Nifty forum with some cool and helpful people, some good at sigs, some improving. Also some tutorials, renders, and people willing to give some c&c.

10:21 AM Jan 25 2012 2012
Horsy
Tournament Administrator
Horsy is a Tournament Administrator for the site.Horsy has referred new users to the site.Horsy wrote an exemplary guide.Horsy did something funny.Horsy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Horsy helped a member with a problem.Horsy keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Horsy helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Horsy contributed to the Stadium community.

http://www.gimp.org/

^ Gimp is also another great one too!
12:38 PM Feb 1 2012 2012
Fandangox
Defender
Fandangox rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Fandangox did something funny.Fandangox impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Fandangox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Fandangox has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Quote (originally posted by Zerosyko):

Nifty forum with some cool and helpful people, some good at sigs, some improving. Also some tutorials, renders, and people willing to give some c&c.

bump, this could be useful!

Quote (originally posted by Detective Dizzy):
You Americans get so much done when PSN is down.

Fand, if you're gonna be a demon with no experience you have to start somewhere.
They don't pay you 7 figure wages of power at the entry level jobs.

Anyway, [Unreadable Name of Frog] eats Unknown Hedgehog. The end.
I wish.

You made 4 random chance typos at once.

5:41 PM Aug 28 2012 2012
Kurei
Bang......
Kurei is a fan of Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop.Kurei is Dr. Cain's only mistake.Kurei has referred new users to the site.Kurei impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Kurei helped a member with a problem.Kurei won a Signature of the Week contest!

Have you guyz tried out bakarenders.com?
Page: 1

Quick Jump
rss