Long-term feature list - Stuff we want to add eventually

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3
6:14 PM Oct 25 2007 2007
nealdt
Bonafide
nealdt created the "All is" network, "possibly the best thing since sliced bread."nealdt passed a Tournament Host Certification test.nealdt has provided valuable testing services for the website.nealdt is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.nealdt made significant contributions to all areas of the website!nealdt did something funny.nealdt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.nealdt has referred new users to the site.nealdt wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!nealdt helped a member with a problem.nealdt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Long-term feature list
1. Swiss tournament brackets.
2. Free-for-all tournaments.
3. Smash crew battles.
4. Time estimates for tournament completion.
5. ???
6. Profit!
Plan 9 rapes.
Last edited by nealdt, 11:20 AM on Nov 09, 2007
9:33 AM Feb 20 2008 2008
The Game II

An optional feature for game scores. Might not be the best thing for Smash because there'd be a lot of 2-0 or 2-1, but it's great for other score-based games like Counter-Strike or DDR that have bigger score tallies.

--GCII
4:47 AM Feb 21 2008 2008
aisight
Ordinary Magician
aisight passed a Tournament Host Certification test.aisight has provided valuable testing services for the website.aisight unleashed the power of love!aisight is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.aisight did something funny.aisight wrote an exemplary guide.aisight was featured in the Host of the Month article series!

Isn't that already available? Just set the number of games per round to what you need, check the box to make sure it prompts for score results every time, and you'll be set.

Is player importing available again yet?
12:39 PM Feb 21 2008 2008
nealdt
Bonafide
nealdt created the "All is" network, "possibly the best thing since sliced bread."nealdt passed a Tournament Host Certification test.nealdt has provided valuable testing services for the website.nealdt is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.nealdt made significant contributions to all areas of the website!nealdt did something funny.nealdt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.nealdt has referred new users to the site.nealdt wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!nealdt helped a member with a problem.nealdt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

No icon_razz.

And scores are available but only as a "who won the best of ___ set" type of score. You can't really do Counterstrike "15-8", "15-2", "15-14", etc. scores because those don't all add up to the same "best of ____" number.
2:08 PM Feb 21 2008 2008
aisight
Ordinary Magician
aisight passed a Tournament Host Certification test.aisight has provided valuable testing services for the website.aisight unleashed the power of love!aisight is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.aisight did something funny.aisight wrote an exemplary guide.aisight was featured in the Host of the Month article series!

Ah, sorry, I was thinking in terms of Counter-Strike CAL rules, where even after a win the game is played out to determine score.
2:20 PM Feb 21 2008 2008
Ryura

I'd like to request a random pairings single/double elimination mode. Tio is great software but we simply can't use it because of the lack of this feature.
2:22 PM Feb 21 2008 2008
nealdt
Bonafide

What do you mean by random pairings? tio has a random seeding mode that puts people in random spots in the bracket. Is that different from random pairings?
Last edited by nealdt, 2:23 PM on Feb 21, 2008
3:12 PM Feb 21 2008 2008
Ryura

Thanks for the response.
I mean non bracketed. After every round your opponent is randomly seeded again.

ie: I have eight players, a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h.

My initial pairings bracket looks like this
a vs b
c vs d
e vs f
g vs h

But next round, winner of a vs b won't necessarily play the winner of c vs d. He could play the winner of any match.
4:29 PM Feb 21 2008 2008
aisight
Ordinary Magician

I'm pretty sure that's like... a worse version of swiss.
5:55 PM Feb 21 2008 2008
The Game II

More important than the scores ... a prompter to alert tournament organizers of double jeopardy in the losers bracket. I'm going to keep fighting for the prevention of double jeopardy until some damn action is taken among T.O.'s because I'm getting tired of people falling victim to this

... and the continuation rule sucks.

--GCII
6:17 PM Feb 21 2008 2008
nealdt
Bonafide

There is a prompt, actually, if it occurs in a place where the T.O. can do something about it without undoing a previous match result. So if two people meet at a match where someone is coming from losers bracket, it will tell the user and suggest they use the Player Swap tool. But there are times where the program can't let you swap people because it would destroy any semblance of a bracket and would turn more into "who do I want to play who".
7:29 PM Feb 21 2008 2008
Ryura

Quote (originally posted by Ankoku):
I'm pretty sure that's like... a worse version of swiss.

Well yeah, it's like swiss with auto drop on loss.
7:59 AM Mar 13 2008 2008
rawr

Cross platform...? :D

I know it may not be planned, but it would be nice. I just switched over to Mac... I still have Windows laptops and I could use that for now.
10:48 AM Mar 13 2008 2008
Hellmaker
People Know Me

Well... A crew-match-setup would be nice.

What do you by Swiss tournament brackets?
12:58 PM Mar 13 2008 2008
nealdt
Bonafide

Cross-platform isn't going to happen until someone 100% ports the .NET framework and all its libraries to Mac. Sorry.

Hellmaker: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_tournament
Plan 9 rapes.
12:54 AM Mar 14 2008 2008
aisight
Ordinary Magician

YOU NEED TO IMPLEMENT PLAYER DATABASES. ;_;
5:45 PM Mar 14 2008 2008
Slhoka
Assistant
Slhoka is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Slhoka helped a member with a problem.

No mac version of the software ;_;
That's not surprising, though =/

Also, during ESA2, I noticed that a window with a sum up of the player locations in the previous rounds would be useful.
The problem was that I had to swap some players in the second round of pools and in the bracket. And since it was a big tournament, I couldn't remember who was in which pool and coming from where. So first, I had some problems with the seeding TIO made for second pools (i.e. 2 of the few English guys in the same second pool), and then I also had some problems while swapping players myself, because I had to check if they weren't in the same pool before. It lead to some awkward poules, and it was even worse for the bracket.

My idea is something like that :

With this kind of thing, the one in charge of the seeding could easily see that this pool sucks because of me, as I was already in pool 8 with PC in the previous round, and that I'm with another Frenchie. I think adding such thing in the pool assignment viewer would be really useful and would make seeding preparation easier and faster.

Doing the same thing for the bracket would be cool, too, but it seems to be much more complex to add it.
1:28 PM Mar 27 2008 2008
rklamer
Suggestive

Just a small tip; tio's description has a typo.

http://allisbrawl.com/tio/default.aspx

The gold standard in tournament production software. tio is a highly advanced application for managing every part of a competetive tournament, from entrant registration and seeding to bracket finalization and payout calculations. tio's major features include:
6:55 PM Apr 1 2008 2008
Squid
Popular

Are upgrades to tio still being implemented in the future?
I was just wondering since I haven't heard any buzz in this part of the forums for a while.
12:10 AM Apr 2 2008 2008
nealdt
Bonafide

It's hard to find time to work on it icon_sad. I really need another programmer...
Page: 1 2 3

Quick Jump
rss