Kid Icarus Uprising - Caught my attention

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3
10:13 PM Feb 17 2012 2012
Fenn
The Write Stuff
Fenn wrote an exemplary guide.Fenn impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Kid Icarus Uprising
Reading previews, this sounds like the perfect game to really break in my 3DS with. I mean, the gameplay looks quite enjoyable, there are loads of weapons to pick from, and a seemingly solid online to top it off. Not to mention it seems to have that special Nintendo charm. Tempting...
Help me prepare for E3 2012!
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=1909092#p1909092
Last edited by Fenn, 3:29 PM on Mar 01, 2012
1:15 AM Feb 18 2012 2012
frequentpasture
Friendly
frequentpasture Submitted false scores to the Stadium.
"Had a wife and couldn't keep her."frequentpasture has referred new users to the site.frequentpasture did something funny.frequentpasture impressed a staff member by doing something smart.frequentpasture helped a member with a problem.

Looks so boring

May I go so far as to suggest it was only ever hyped by Super Smash Bros. fans? The first Kid Icarus was god awful. Not sure how the second was, but this just looks like a typical on-rails supplemented by Kid Icarus characters and locales.

It's nice to see the big 3DS launches are starting to appear more frequently, though!
1:46 AM Feb 18 2012 2012
Miles of SmashWiki
Smash PhD
Miles of SmashWiki watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Miles of SmashWiki did something funny.Miles of SmashWiki impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Miles of SmashWiki helped a member with a problem.Miles of SmashWiki keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Wasn't it supposed to be very Sin & Punishment-esque
11:43 AM Feb 18 2012 2012
frequentpasture
Friendly
"Had a wife and couldn't keep her."frequentpasture has referred new users to the site.frequentpasture did something funny.frequentpasture impressed a staff member by doing something smart.frequentpasture helped a member with a problem.

The original, you mean? I haven't played any Sin & Punishment, but I can safely say

KI NES was not fun
1:11 PM Feb 18 2012 2012
Fandangox
Defender
Fandangox rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Fandangox did something funny.Fandangox impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Fandangox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Fandangox has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

I just wan't my F-Zero man.

Quote (originally posted by Detective Dizzy):
You Americans get so much done when PSN is down.

Quote (originally posted by Volke Aeno):
Fand, if you're gonna be a demon with no experience you have to start somewhere.
They don't pay you 7 figure wages of power at the entry level jobs.

Anyway, [Unreadable Name of Frog] eats Unknown Hedgehog. The end.
I wish.

You made 4 random chance typos at once.

5:31 PM Feb 20 2012 2012
Fenn
The Write Stuff
Fenn wrote an exemplary guide.Fenn impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Quote (originally posted by staindgay):
The original, you mean? I haven't played any Sin & Punishment, but I can safely say

KI NES was not fun

Well, just to clarify: KI NES is nothing like KI 3DS, but you know that. Sin & Punishment is a semi-rail shooter, meaning you move through the game automatically but control your character's movement on the 2-D plain. Only the air portion of Kid Icarus is going to be on-rails; the ground combat is strictly shooter.

Idk, I'll wait for reviews but it looks fun to me.
6:58 PM Feb 20 2012 2012
frequentpasture
Friendly

Oh whoops

On rails action has always been a big turn off for me. Same thing with 'always scrolling' screens and the like - it's why I could never get into Star Fox.
11:34 AM Feb 21 2012 2012
Fenn
The Write Stuff

Oh whoops

On rails action has always been a big turn off for me. Same thing with 'always scrolling' screens and the like - it's why I could never get into Star Fox.

Oh well then yeah stay away from this game.

At least the multiplayer isn't on rails, although if it was...
11:12 AM Feb 22 2012 2012
Gardex
I Won the Game
Gardex rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Gardex did something funny.Gardex impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Gardex helped a member with a problem.Gardex won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!Gardex has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nwg0vFVyHo

The multiplayer looks pretty good.
11:41 AM Feb 22 2012 2012
Eki
Spread the Love
Eki did something funny.Eki impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Eki helped a member with a problem.

I think it might be fun. I don't know if I'll buy it, buuut... I'm considering it. Especially if I know I'll get a chance to play it in local multiplayer.
kolasås ㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛㋛
4:11 PM Feb 22 2012 2012
Fandangox
Defender
Fandangox rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Fandangox did something funny.Fandangox impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Fandangox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Fandangox has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Quote (originally posted by Gardex):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nwg0vFVyHo

The multiplayer looks pretty good.

It does look fun. But GOOD LORD was that an awful narrator.

Fand, if you're gonna be a demon with no experience you have to start somewhere.

I wish.

1:35 PM Feb 23 2012 2012
Fenn
The Write Stuff

Article on multiplayer: http://www.1up.com/previews/kid-icarus-uprising-multiplayer-smash-bros-halo
9:12 AM Feb 27 2012 2012
Vallu

I'm definitely buying this. Multiplayer looks pretty awesome and if they would add some kind of ranking system, I would have motive playing it more. Single player also looks pretty good but my 3DS's L and R buttons are broken so I maybe can't play this... Also, shouldn't the name be Kid Icarus Uprising? (Topic name)
3:29 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Fenn
The Write Stuff

^Fix'd title for ya.
5:12 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
ShadowSlash
Veteran

This game does look interesting and I am considering buying it.

Before this game, I have only played the Kid Icarus game for the NES (which I thought was fun, yet difficult. I am pretty excited to hopefully play the Kid Icarus game for the Gameboy someday).
4:09 PM Mar 26 2012 2012
xSKAx
Baller

i was a skeptic at first until i actually played it and ho-ly-****, this game kicks ***! highly recommended to any brawl fan n__n i'm not even gonna go into detail, just go out and get it when you have the cash...it's a must have for your 3ds. <3
4:15 PM Mar 26 2012 2012
frequentpasture
Friendly

grooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooan do i have to buy this now

i've seen video reviews, read text reviews, watched gameplay and it still looks mediocre

ok im going to buy it i guess
5:44 PM Mar 26 2012 2012
Magnatoon
Certified BAMF
Magnatoon is a certified BAMF. Check his kill/death.Magnatoon would like you to make a contract with them.Magnatoon watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Magnatoon did something funny.Magnatoon impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Magnatoon helped a member with a problem.Magnatoon keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Magnatoon has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

more like POOPrising LOOOOOOOL
6:26 PM Mar 26 2012 2012
Fandangox
Defender

Magnatoon, ladies and gentlemen.

I wish.

7:12 PM Mar 26 2012 2012
Volke Aeno
Defender
Volke Aeno is a moderator.Volke Aeno wrote an exemplary guide.Volke Aeno wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!Volke Aeno did something funny.Volke Aeno impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Volke Aeno helped a member with a problem.Volke Aeno keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Volke Aeno helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Volke Aeno defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Volke Aeno overcame every obstacle and bested the site's Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!Volke Aeno won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

grooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooan do i have to buy this now

i've seen video reviews, read text reviews, watched gameplay and it still looks mediocre

ok im going to buy it i guess

I'm predicting that you'll think it's a lovely game all the way through while you play it, noting a few flaws here and there, but still loving it. Then, once you complete the game, you'll start to reflect on it. By one month, you'll probably hate the game and don't get why anyone ever liked it that much. By three months, it'll be seen as the second worst game you've ever played.

My guess doesn't have much basis, though.

10/10 moderating skills.
Page: 1 2 3

Quick Jump
rss